The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

The other thing is Cisse didn't get that many clear cut chances during his dry spell. Top striker means 1 in 2 Alan.

Riviere looking at him looks a 1 in 3/4. He won't get 4 chances a game in many games, maybe the 3 home games against struggling sides ie Palace etc...

Chron pumping some story about a new bid for Remy shows the lack of real determination to get a striker...

Expect a Lee Ryder 'exclusive' tomorrow telling us the deal has stalled over personal terms.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He needs quality service, that's for sure. Whether you think he's good enough or not his game is all about movement as he's not a target man type (not strong enough) and he isn't lightning quick either.

Latest news is YMB is going to Marseille on loan with a view to them buying and we are putting one final bid in for Remy.

I assume Richards will be the man to replace YMB given the article in the Italian paper last night.

Remy and Richards in would make this a pretty fantastic transfer window tbf. It's a big if though

All of the signs slapping every supporter in the face that we aren't signing a striker, Ryder publishes a 'fresh enquiry for Remy' article. Wouldn't make much of a detective would he?

Even worse that no one saw it coming.

Latest news is YMB is going to Marseille on loan with a view to them buying and we are putting one final bid in for Remy.

I assume Richards will be the man to replace YMB given the article in the Italian paper last night.

Remy and Richards in would make this a pretty fantastic transfer window tbf. It's a big if though

You'd have thought if we were serious about getting Remy we'd have been straight in for him when the Liverpool deal fell through. I think the spendings done in this window I hope I'm wrong but from Pardew's statement it looks like he's sticking with Cisse.

You'd have thought if we were serious about getting Remy we'd have been straight in for him when the Liverpool deal fell through. I think the spendings done in this window I hope I'm wrong but from Pardew's statement it looks like he's sticking with Cisse.

I'm not convinced we are going for Remy again, but it makes sense to wait for the waters to calm before going in again, surely? There's no point approaching QPR if they are still expecting Champions League clubs to come a-courting. Now that it appears nobody is willing to risk it for Remy apart from us, we could get him for less money, or a deal that is structured in a way that benefits us more than one that was built when it appeared as if Remy was off to the top table?

There is no chance we are signing Remy, zilch.

Superb when he joined though. Surely you hope he can rediscover that form / confidence?

Don't you ever get bored of trying to think of excuses for the club. Not buying a front line striker would amount to a massive failure, especially when you consider Ba still hasn't been replaced.

That's the way I see it. Spending done and still the possibility of outgoings.

Don't you ever get bored of trying to think of excuses for the club. Not buying a front line striker would amount to a massive failure, especially when you consider Ba still hasn't been replaced.

Two different points.

I'd love a new top forward , but would also love to see Cisse recapture that sublime first 6 months form.

I'm sure most agree.

Two different points.

I'd love a new top forward , but would also love to see Cisse recapture that sublime first 6 months form.

I'm sure most agree.

Cisse alone is bankrupting the NHS.

But he wont ever look like he did that first 6 months man, it was a mental purple patch. I hope he can come round to being a serviceable premier league striker, that would chip in with 15 or so goals but in all honesty it hasn't looked likely for whatever reason it is.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic