The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so does the fact we're not getting a new striker mean the carroll money has been spent? well there was that significant investment in new bogs at the training ground, that'll pay for itself a few times over in years to come.

In Ashley's time at the club transfer profit now stands at £8.9m

Since the sale of Jose Enrique, the nadir of Ashley's profiteering, the club has a net spend of £37m (£10m a year) and a gross spend of £79.8m (£20m a year).

Genuinely cannot believe that we've let him go. In the chances he's had, of which there were too few, he hasn't overly impressed. However, what he offers in potential, in comparison with Willo and Taylor, should have been given time. I'll regret saying this, but we simply must have a replacement lined up, or at least close to that. I don't think we rate Taylor at all, so surely we wouldn't willingly go through the next few months with him as our only backup?!

We'll probably bring in the Nastasic kid and have him play right-back in cup games. You'd like to think that if we sign a replacement for MYM, he'd be better than Williamson, but even if he were I don't think Willo will be shifted now. He's too ingrained in Pardew's vision of the side:

Attacking RB and LB = Janmaat and Haidara

Cultured CB and big dumb CB to play set pieces to = Colo and Williamson

Water-carrier wingers a la Jonas = Sissoko and Gouffran

Tidy centre midfielders = Tiote, Anita, and Colback

Midfield playmaker = de Jong (doubtful that one will come off)

Flair player I have to play to keep the fans off my back but I'll eventually fall out with = Cabella

15-goal-a-season striker who gets me out of jail every year = ...shit, knew I was forgetting something...

Not to defend the club, but have we given up on the thinking that Ferrerya may turn out to be a good striker?

Weird that he's not featuring at all if we had hopes that high?

I agree, but have to assume that it's just a matter of getting him up to speed, surely... I thought he was valued around £7-8m wasn't he?

Dunno, you could well be right I guess.

Mental if we've let MYM go with no one coming in. All this talk of him not going unless we had a replacement and now they've just thought "ah fuck it, Williamson scored".

We've done some good business in the window it seems, but without a forward and centre half its pretty fucking useless.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic