The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

If McLaren does get the job of Head Coach he will want a fresh start and could bring in a number of coaches from Holland, where he has excellent contacts.

Did he do that at Wolfsburg or Derby?

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is they appoint someone half decent then tell him"dont bother about winning any cups" we'll choose all your players" also "this is John, Andy & Steve your backroom staff" it's no wonder 90 or so have said "erm no thanks" . Which sort of leads us back to Carver.

Mcclaren would be good. Would he fancy it though? It's taken a while for him to rebuild his reputation after the wally in the brolly England shambles. We're not exactly a club well placed to further enhance his reputation as long as the fat cunt is calling the shots.

Anyone half decent wont come here and work under the constraints placed on them by Ashley. Keegan went to a court of law to explain what it was like working under Ashley i doubt aythings changed.

I know we have but you said no one could have expected a run of seven defeats on the bounce but those people predicted worse than that is what I'm getting at.

I did think that a foreign coach was a possibility for the very reasons you suggest but my fear was always that Ashley hasn't got a fucking clue who these people are so he'd revert back to type of picking a known quantity and someone who he things can be controlled. It's appearing more likely now that if Carver is replaced it won't be for the type we're hoping for (even considering our limited hopes these days).

I always go back to fact that people making the decisions (Ashley/Charnley) have no experience or knowlege of football. If Ashley cared at all about the football he would have appointed a cheif exec who was up to the job. The appointment of penfold spoke volumes.

You're saying you were genuinely predicting the worst run of form for over 30 years? I can't find that like.

I don't believe it's Ashley's knowledge that we're relying on, I believe it's a combination of Carr, Charnley and probably Carver. As it is with transfers.

Anyone half decent wont come here and work under the constraints placed on them by Ashley. Keegan went to a court of law to explain what it was like working under Ashley i doubt aythings changed.

Course they would. Newcastle remains a massive club. It's shit like this I can't understand. The chance of managing a Premier League club is huge and scores of good coaches would be jump at the chance, even with these restrictions in place.

We're among the top 10 clubs in the country and by virtue of that we're amongst the top 30 or so clubs on the planet. We're wealthy, we have history and a famous fanbase.

People saying no one would be interested is petulance.

You're saying you were genuinely predicting the worst run of form for over 30 years? I can't find that like.

I don't believe it's Ashley's knowledge that we're relying on, I believe it's a combination of Carr, Charnley and probably Carver. As it is with transfers.

No I'm not saying I predicted that at all. I'm saying others did and they were dismissed for doing so. I thought we'd pick up points but we'd slide nearer the bottom. Before the Hull game I was genuinely concerned about the threat of relegation. Between the Hull game and Saturday I was convinced we'd already done enough and we'd do a bit more. Now I'm back to being genuinely concerned (more so than I was).

Is adding Carr and Carver into the mix supposed to make me feel any better? A scout and a bloke who's employment should be somewhere in Wallsend Forum!

Course they would. Newcastle remains a massive club. It's shit like this I can't understand. The chance of managing a Premier League club is huge and scores of good coaches would be jump at the chance, even with these restrictions in place.

We're among the top 10 clubs in the country and by virtue of that we're amongst the top 30 or so clubs on the planet. We're wealthy, we have history and a famous fanbase.

I agree with this (although the continued negative press will start, if it hasn't already, to eat away at any interest we hold for managers) it's the people picking the manager that's the issue.

No I'm not saying I predicted that at all. I'm saying others did and they were dismissed for doing so. I thought we'd pick up points but we'd slide nearer the bottom. Before the Hull game I was genuinely concerned about the threat of relegation. Between the Hull game and Saturday I was convinced we'd already done enough and we'd do a bit more. Now I'm back to being genuinely concerned (more so than I was).

Is adding Carr and Carver into the mix supposed to make me feel any better? A scout and a bloke who's employment should be somewhere in Wallsend Forum!

Adding Carr should. Charnley & Carver were just included in the interest of completeness.

Adding Carr should. Charnley & Carver were just included in the interest of completeness.

The mans a scout, why should that qualify him for selecting a manager? But at least he's a football man who seems to have some sense so aye we're better off with him added to the other three fuckwits but I doubt he'll have enough say to overrule Ashley or Penfold so we're still relying on him being able to convince them. I remain far from convinced.

The mans a scout, why should that qualify him for selecting a manager? But at least he's a football man who seems to have some sense so aye we're better off with him added to the other three fuckwits but I doubt he'll have enough say to overrule Ashley or Penfold so we're still relying on him being able to convince them. I remain far from convinced.

Who better? he watches a lot of football, sees a lot of managers and coaches at work.

I'm not saying they wouldn't be interested in the job its just under the current set up even Keegan's hinted that he would come here again but not under the current owner. That's what's off putting i agree we are a massive club and people would jump at the chance but not under this lot i hope thats a bit clearer.

Who better? he watches a lot of football, sees a lot of managers and coaches at work.

Any experianced cheif excutive. No business in the top of their trade would ever employ someone with Penfolds experience, they'd get someone proven in to do the job. That's what we should have done. Carr's mandate is to find players (which if we're honest he's done with mixed success) not to look at coaches or managers. And I would question given his role, how much clout he has with Ashley anyway. If he had that much and he new what he was talking about, Riviere surely wouldn't have been the striker we signed in the summer!

I'm not saying they wouldn't be interested in the job its just under the current set up even Keegan's hinted that he would come here again but not under the current owner. That's what's off putting i agree we are a massive club and people would jump at the chance but not under this lot i hope thats a bit clearer.

I still think Fish is right, and decent managers would come here even under Ashley. They wouldn't be English ones like KK who want more autonomy than the fat cunt will allow but foreign managers are much more used to working in similar circumstances.

Had an email off ClubSpinDoctor, who has requested that I post the following:

"Do me a MASSIVE favour and get on the football forum and tell The Fish to fucking button it. He's making it unreadable for me. He is awful. Cheers!"

Message end.

what makes a chief exec better than the bloke out watching matches at choosing a manager though?

Carr hasn't found players with mixed success, in the last few years we could've signed Aubameyang, Lacazette and Grenier before they became highly coveted but we cheaped out and signed the likes of Riviere instead.

Because he watches a shit-ton of football, he's got a good eye for talent, he'll have contacts and colleagues all over Europe? I don't think this is a case of him banging on the door to convince them to get shot of Pardew and go for Garde, I think it's more a case of Charnley & Ashley asking him who who reckons would fit. Just as they do for the players.

Not really mate. Even under these restrictions we're still a massive massive club, with a huge pull to anyone wanting to make a name for themselves, or simply prove they're capable.

"Do me a MASSIVE favour and get on the football forum and tell The Fish to fucking button it. He's making it unreadable for me. He is awful. Cheers!"

Message end.

:lol:

What a boring cunt that kid is. If he doesn't like what I write he can ignore me. Pretty simple...

What a boring cunt that kid is. If he doesn't like what I write he can ignore me. Pretty simple...

He can't set you to ignore when he doesn't have an account.

Perhaps Ant can do him a favour and make the forum unreadable for him

Message end.

CSD was right all along tbf!

what makes a chief exec better than the bloke out watching matches at choosing a manager though?

Carr hasn't found players with mixed success, in the last few years we could've signed Aubameyang, Lacazette and Grenier before they became highly coveted but we cheaped out and signed the likes of Riviere instead.

Im just suggesting that it's part of a cheif exec's job and not a scout. Have you ever heard of a scout being involved in picking a manager before?

And your second point proves my other point. That Carr hasn't got enough clout otherwise we could have had those players instead of what we do have. I still think you have to say he's had mixed success though given than there's not that many players who he's brought to the club that have been successfull.

He can't set you to ignore when he doesn't have an account.

Perhaps Ant can do him a favour and make the forum unreadable for him

Perhaps then this is a wonderful lesson for him. Stop being an unrelenting arsehole, you won't get banned, you'll be able to ignore the people who you don't like?

Because he watches a shit-ton of football, he's got a good eye for talent, he'll have contacts and colleagues all over Europe? I don't think this is a case of him banging on the door to convince them to get shot of Pardew and go for Garde, I think it's more a case of Charnley & Ashley asking him who who reckons would fit. Just as they do for the players.

Yes I'll agree that he will have a better idea than the rest of them but as I've said I'm not convinced it necessesarily translates to picking a manager or that he has enough influence.

Im just suggesting that it's part of a cheif exec's job and not a scout. Have you ever heard of a scout being involved in picking a manager before?

And your second point proves my other point. That Carr hasn't got enough clout otherwise we could have had those players instead of what we do have. I still think you have to say he's had mixed success though given than there's not that many players who he's brought to the club that have been successfull.

Reckon there's been a good success rate.

Debuchy

Janmaat

Mbiwa

Haidara

Santon

Sissoko

Tiote

Cabaye

Marveaux

Perez

Cisse

Jury is still out on Cabella, S de Jong, Riviere for me.

Some of those players haven't been successful here, but I'd blame Pardew & the coaches before the players, especially when they've been good elsewhere, average to shit here, then good elsewhere.

Not really mate. Even under these restrictions we're still a massive massive club, with a huge pull to anyone wanting to make a name for themselves, or simply prove they're capable.

Not sure how they would make a name for themselves when winning trophies and finishing mid table are the requirements hardly reputation enhancing.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic