The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's getting competitive again the Premiership. City will probably piss it this year but other teams can turn down obscene hostile bids now and keep their better players. With Man Utd and Liverpool spending recklessly and Arsenal spending nowt we might see a shake up in the top 4 before long.

Just don't expect us to be in the shakeup mix any time soon.

Still, could be worse. Best window for us for a while.

Best window under Ashley, hands down. I bet they tried their damn hardest to offload:

Tiote, Dummett, Perez and Cisse, though.

I'm still totally skeptical that anythings changed in the boardroom though, just got a few more red label players in that we hope will go purple. Though how the fuck we got Gino is anyones guess, he's a hell of a player.

It's been refreshing to actually have a manager who doesn't try to actively tout our players in the press.

Aye, McClaren, in general, has been refreshing to listen to. Pardew's inability to praise one of his players without also touting them about is one of the reasons that the "selling club" patter still lingers about.

As for this window, not sure you can complain. Well, you can but that would be typical of us tbh. 50 million spent, overhaul of the coaching staff, key players kept on and no position is in immediate need of addressing IMO. Aye, some are weaker than others but ffs, we're a mid table Premier League side. I'm willing to give it time.

Aye, McClaren, in general, has been refreshing to listen to. Pardew's inability to praise one of his players without also touting them about is one of the reasons that the "selling club" patter still lingers about.

As for this window, not sure you can complain. Well, you can but that would be typical of us tbh. 50 million spent, overhaul of the coaching staff, key players kept on and no position is in immediate need of addressing IMO. Aye, some are weaker than others but ffs, we're a mid table Premier League side. I'm willing to give it time.

That's an important point. If we'd signed these lads, but still had messer Carver, Stone and Woodman laying out the cones I'd foresee a season of strife.

The atmosphere around the place is one of positivity, despite failing to win a game in the league. That's surely because of the obvious improvements on the pitch and the professional behaviour of the HEad Coach in the press/media.

I'm not forgiving Ashley for the bad decisions, and if he really wanted to show this new ambition we would have resolved more of our squad issues in this window (another fullback and competition for Colo), but when you look at what's come in and what's gone out, this is probably his best window.

There can't be much doubt that we've moved forward this window. We've sold/released Jonas, Raylor, Campbell, Abeid and Keman. Those are at best backup and at worst players who haven't or shouldn't have been anywhere near the first team squad. We've brought in four players for the starting eleven with at least two of them already looking like they are settling in well and a promising young player for the development squad. You can question whether we have done enough to really push on towards the top eight and I'd say probably not but then again I don't think it's ever good trying to bring in too much at once (something I think Watford and Villa might find). There have also been signs that the club is starting to improve things away from the pitch too. The communications certainly have seen a marked improvement. The only black spot is the legal action against the Magpie shirt which seems utterly pathetic.

Cant have too many complaints, would have liked a defender and a powerful DM in for Tiote but all in all quite happy with the signings.

Williamson and Gouffran well down the pecking order :banana: Although with Taylor's injury record you never know.

Keeping him, De Jong and Aarons fit will be key over the course of the season.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic