The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I would have thought Rafa would have got onto his many pals in the prem and taken some very exciting (not quite first team squad) players on loan.

Surely Man City, Arsenal etc must have their versions of Alan Armstrong etc that would benefit from a good season under Rafa.

https://goo.gl/images/eex0Iw

Armstrong's had a hard paper round.

:lol:

Not sure I'm really coming up with anything really controversial here.

Naturally (and you all know this), I don't even know the majority of first team players at the top clubs, never mind the squad players, but surely there must be some top talent sitting around kicking their heels.

Didn't Patrick Bamford score at hat load for boro a year or two back?

Same with Darren Bent and Tom Ince on loan at Derby.

Of course you'll all (as usual) change your view when Rafa pulls a couple off in the next few weeks ;)

Naturally (and you all know this), I don't even know the majority of first team players at the top clubs, never mind the squad players, but surely there must be some top talent sitting around kicking their heels.

Of course you'll all (as usual) change your view when Rafa pulls a couple off in the next few weeks ;)

Wasn't expecting the prediction of a sex scandal like.

As has been said, loaning players doesn't really benefit a club like Newcastle.

Say the player has a great season and is integral in our promotion, well the loaning club will take him back and we have to gamble on a replacement. If this young player grows into a better player because of first team games and working with Benitez, we have effectively wasted that effort and done a favour for the loaning club.

We'd be better off buying a young player permanently safe in the knowledge we can still flog them on for reasonable sums.

As has been said, loaning players doesn't really benefit a club like Newcastle.

Say the player has a great season and is integral in our promotion, well the loaning club will take him back and we have to gamble on a replacement. If this young player grows into a better player because of first team games and working with Benitez, we have effectively wasted that effort and done a favour for the loaning club.

We'd be better off buying a young player permanently safe in the knowledge we can still flog them on for reasonable sums.

Great if we get the right quality players bought, but if not I'd be just as happy with a couple of quality Loan deals that get us up and then let Rafa buy again for the prem.

Great if we get the right quality players bought, but if not I'd be just as happy with a couple of quality Loan deals that get us up and then let Rafa buy again for the prem.

So, to be clear, you'd be happy if quality players were brought in on a short or long term basis?

What's the benefit of loaning players vs buying them though?

So, to be clear, you'd be happy if quality players were brought in on a short or long term basis?

What's the benefit of loaning players vs buying them though?

?????

I'm very happy if we can buy all the players we need to get promoted and who can stay in the prem.

If we can't attract the right quality because of our position, I'm quite happy for Rafa to loan the talent that's not getting a game at the big clubs to get us up.

As I say, like Bamford to Boro.

?????

I'm very happy if we can buy all the players we need to get promoted and who can stay in the prem.

If we can't attract the right quality because of our position, I'm quite happy for Rafa to loan the talent that's not getting a game at the big clubs to get us up.

As I say, like Bamford to Boro.

Ok, to sooth your nerves, we already have a team that is likely to be pushing for an automatic promotion spot. Signing Ritchie and Hayden and Hanley (to a lesser extent) shows we are still a big draw to players, with the first of those 2 swapping Premier League fringe for Championship 1st team.

I don't think we can sign the likes of the Dutch player of the year but;

We've a very healthy bank balance which will only get healthier when we sell Sissoko (and maybe others),

We're the biggest team in that division

We've a top class manager,

We've a strong core to the side and that core is of lower-Premier League standard

We've a single minded focus on getting promoted at the first time of asking

We're a very attractive side for Championship starters and for Premier League bench warmers, plus players in leagues that will see us as a viable entrance to the Premier league, so we don't need to rely on loaning yet.

also, you're yet to say what the virtue to loaning a player actually is. What's the actual benefit in it? The things you've mentioned could be achieved by permanently signing the kind of player that will be available to loan (see Hayden as proof)

Ok, to sooth your nerves, we already have a team that is likely to be pushing for an automatic promotion spot. Signing Ritchie and Hayden and Hanley (to a lesser extent) shows we are still a big draw to players, with the first of those 2 swapping Premier League fringe for Championship 1st team.

I don't think we can sign the likes of the Dutch player of the year but;

We've a very healthy bank balance which will only get healthier when we sell Sissoko (and maybe others),

We're the biggest team in that division

We've a top class manager,

We've a strong core to the side and that core is of lower-Premier League standard

We've a single minded focus on getting promoted at the first time of asking

We're a very attractive side for Championship starters and for Premier League bench warmers, plus players in leagues that will see us as a viable entrance to the Premier league, so we don't need to rely on loaning yet.

also, you're yet to say what the virtue to loaning a player actually is. What's the actual benefit in it? The things you've mentioned could be achieved by permanently signing the kind of player that will be available to loan (see Hayden as proof)

I think I made it perfectly clear in my last post.

If for whatever reason we are unable to buy a particular player in a position but get the chance of a quality loanee then happy days imo.

I think I made it perfectly clear in my last post.

If for whatever reason we are unable to buy a particular player in a position but get the chance of a quality loanee then happy days imo.

Ok, I'll go through it one more time; The kind of player that will be available to get on loan, we can attract on a full time basis... As proven by our acquisition of Gayle(fringe player at moderate club), Hayden(young player at top club) and Ritchie (1st team player at lower club). So given we have proven we can get a particular player in a position, why would we loan?

Ok, I'll go through it one more time; The kind of player that will be available to get on loan, we can attract on a full time basis... As proven by our acquisition of Gayle(fringe player at moderate club), Hayden(young player at top club) and Ritchie (1st team player at lower club). So given we have proven we can get a particular player in a position, why would we loan?

Jesus :lol:

Well I feel I learned a lot in this discussion.

There was nowt to discuss to be fair :lol:

Hoping that Rafa might use a few contacts to get a bit of quality in to get us promoted is normally not controversial. (Unless it's a quiet day on TT) ;)

But that has nothing to do with his loan spell being successful :lol:

All a bit silly this. I'm out.

You're saying we should go for a 32yr old striker who only managed 2 in 21 last season, because he scored 10 in 15, 2 years ago?

Jesus wept, stick to general chat.

You're saying we should go for a 32yr old striker who only managed 2 in 21 last season, because he scored 10 in 15, 2 years ago?

Jesus wept, stick to general chat.

I'm back.

I never said that as you know fine well. :lol:

Him Bamford and Ince were past examples of championship clubs making decent loan signings.

Trot on.

I'm out again.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic