The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Him Bamford and Ince were past examples of championship clubs making decent loan signings.

Trot on.

Also worth noting that none of those players actually won promotion.

I'm back.

I never said that as you know fine well. :lol:

Him Bamford and Ince were past examples of championship clubs making decent loan signings.

Trot on.

I'm out again.

back_up_safely_pic.jpg

CT would you have been happier if we'd signed Hayden on loan? He seems to be exactly the type of player you were initially suggesting, young talent from a top side. Or is the fact that we managed to sign him permanently making you think he's not really good enough so we should have signed someone the likes of Arsenal would only let us have on loan?

?????

I'm very happy if we can buy all the players we need to get promoted and who can stay in the prem.

If we can't attract the right quality because of our position, I'm quite happy for Rafa to loan the talent that's not getting a game at the big clubs to get us up.

As I say, like Bamford to Boro.

As I tried to allude to before, Bamford didn't get Boro promoted and I saw him look lost v AFCB in a crunch promotion game last April, he and Boro couldn't handle a pre promotion Bournemouth. So someone looking at things objectively would say he did ok but couldn't cut it when it counted. He's since played 6 prem lge games for Palace and 7 for Norwich. He's still Chelsea's player though. So, who has his total of 5 different loan deals to various championship and mediocre premier league sides benefitted most? The clubs? Chelsea? The player himself? Iyam loans are pretty much a waste of time for players and clubs. Rafa might bring one or two in but it doesn't look like it at the moment. Seeing as he's actually signing young decent talent on real contracts perhaps means he's thinking along the same lines. I certainly hope so.

He needs something that excites him. Which as far as I can recall is under-nourished Irish failures and balti pies.

Possibly siblings of former players.

He needs something that excites him. Which as far as I can recall is under-nourished Irish failures and balti pies.

I'm surprised he isn't pinning his hopes on Daniel Barlaser.

CT would you have been happier if we'd signed Hayden on loan? He seems to be exactly the type of player you were initially suggesting, young talent from a top side. Or is the fact that we managed to sign him permanently making you think he's not really good enough so we should have signed someone the likes of Arsenal would only let us have on loan?

No, I'm happy to buy as much young talent as Rafa sees fit. However, I'm also aware that because we are in the championship it may be that we can't tempt a few of Rafas 1st or 2nd choices to sign.

In that scenario I would like to think that Rafa can tap up a few of the big clubs and get a loan deal or two.

IE: on the striker front. I would still love to see a better striker than what we have so far come in. Ideally we buy him, but if that proves problematic I would welcome a decent loanee.

I honestly can't see anything bizarre with that train of thought :lol:

No, I'm happy to buy as much young talent as Rafa sees fit. However, I'm also aware that because we are in the championship it may be that we can't tempt a few of Rafas 1st or 2nd choices to sign.

In that scenario I would like to think that Rafa can tap up a few of the big clubs and get a loan deal or two.

IE: on the striker front. I would still love to see a better striker than what we have so far come in. Ideally we buy him, but if that proves problematic I would welcome a decent loanee.

I honestly can't see anything bizarre with that train of thought :lol:

We did get Gayle though, he looks alright to me. And Mitro and Perez are still good strikers.

We did get Gayle though, he looks alright to me. And Mitro and Perez are still good strikers.

Gayle 15 from 63? No nowt about him hope he's good.

Perez should do well in the championship.

Mitrovic, I'm yet to be convinced. Some of his misses last year were shocking.

Would you not like a better striker in or are you happy to go with what we've got?

I mean, you just admitted to not knowing players at other clubs, so who in your opinion could we feasibly buy or loan that is better than what we have?

And before you say that's Rafas job, if he wanted "better" he would go get it. If he doesn't then he is obviously happy with what we have, no?

fwiw I have seen a lot of Bamford for boro, he is very average, all of our forward are better than him. He scored a decent amount of goals because boro were one of the best teams in the league and he played 50modd games.

Classic CT contrariness. The one transfer window for a while when there's genuine excitement, despite the fact we were relegated, that we finally have a quality manager who Ashley is backing and he doesn't fancy his signings.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic