The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PSG in advanced talks for David Luis for £50m

Are they on crack?

Not sure I'd pay £40 for him, let alone £40 mil. He's far too unreliable to be a world class player. Honestly rather have Colo.

As far as the left-back debate goes, Dummett is horrific and his free-kicks toward the end of the season became almost a parody of himself. We're much better off keeping Haidara.

Aye Luiz is a liability in defence sometimes, seems much better in a midfield position where he can have a bit more time on the ball but PSG are a bit crowded there. Good for Brazil I guess having him and Silva together all the time, but 40m is a lot tbh.

Letting Haidara and Mbiwa go without handing them a proper chance would be just stupid. Especially when that leaves the likes of Williamson and Dummett behind.

How many players is that we need now, just to make the squad remotely competitive? Even 4 or 5 just wont cut it now.

Ah yes, the vicious cycle of Newcastle fan transfer window apathy:

We're shite, we need to sign someone good. We wont sign anyone good, if we somehow do they'll be Pardewed, if they somehow aren't they'll want to go somewhere else. We're shite again....and so on....

Aye, I think Haidara would make them a comfortable profit if he was kept a bit longer but selling now wouldn't. Ant's earlier point about Haidara and Mbiwa possibly wanting to leave is a good one, I think they'd be mental to let them but it's very plausible that they do as honestly they've been dicked about (especially Haidara who is clearly better then the lad who's playing his position).

We simply can't lose the amount of players that are being hinted at, we already don't seem to be making the fast moves in the market Pardew was hinting at as we're now 3 week or so away from the world cup and the only strong link we've had is a 20 year old 2nd division lad.

Is this the least excited everyone's ever been during a transfer window. Honestly couldn't give a monkeys

Edited by Dr Gloom

There is more chance of Santon leaving than either Haidara or YMB. AC Milan are very interested in Santon and he has sell on value. The other two do not. Sissoko is looking for another club and could be joined by the likes of Gouffran, Ben Arfa, Krul, Tiote and Debuchy.

I bet you 20p that no more than 2 of the names mentioned actually goes this summer.

Chelsea are after Remy Cabella now I guess thats us out the running. I think this is how it'll be in this window we may be linked to players but we'll be either out bid or the player/agent will see other clubs with better prospects. The club setting out their plans have probably done themselve's no favours. All this "the club will do its majority of business before the WC" seems a bit of a "damp squib" tbh if this second division Spanish kid is the best they can come up with we're going to be in trouble.

Edited by trooper

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic