The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't get it!

I understand being linked to a massive amount of players during transfer windows is normal and obviously we aren't going to sign most of them. Right now Newcastle has to buy from need not luxury we NEED strikers at the very least and yet nothing is coming to pass. Every player we have been linked to Gomis, Lassoga, grenier, cabella, Valencia, caulker, lescott, I know I missing a few have all either gone somewhere else or we have moved on because of some reason or another. What is going wrong? Is it Ashley not wanting to pay? Pardew being useless, teams/players not wanting to do business/play for us. I just don't get it. Ashley is in this for the money it seems but how can you even make money if you won't even get players with some talent to eventually sell and our youth system is a joke. Sorry for the long rant I just had to get that out.

Local paper ramblings.

Newcastle United turned down the chance to sign Bafetimbi Gomis over the weekend because they are confident they can land their top strike targets after the World Cup.

That confident message came asNewcastle were given the opportunity to talk to the France striker as he jetted to Swansea on Sunday. The striker’s representatives – who told United he wanted a long-term contract and a sizeable signing-on fee – had already been in negotiations with Newcastle earlier in the summer, only to find the St James’ Park hierarchy lukewarm over the move.

Gomis was in South Wales attempting to finalise the deal yesterday with Swans sources making it clear they had not broken their strict wage structure to take him to the Liberty Stadium. But they have handed him a huge signing on fee – worth several million pounds – to encourage him to join them.

In a final attempt to elicit interest, Newcastle were again given the terms that would tempt Gomis over the weekend. But their message was that they would stick to targets that were sourced earlier in the summer.

Newcastle want three Ligue 1 players – Remy Cabella, Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette and Clement Grenier. They have received positive soundings from Cabella’s camp and are set to return with a bid at the end of the World Cup.

Despite a sprinkling of suggestions linking him, there is no interest in Islam Slimani, the Sporting striker, and Newcastle will also not revisit interest in Alfred Finnbogason, the Iceland striker who played for Heerenveen and top-scored in the Eredivisie.

If the local papers are banned from SJP, how come they're privy to the inner workings of our transfer dealings?

I don't think there is much too our inner workings...

a) Is he French

B) In the last year of his contract

c) Have a low buy-out clause

they are confident they can land their top strike targets after the World Cup.

This is either bollocks or our top targets are shite.

We'll be sniffing round the knock on effect of the top moves - i.e. Costa to Chelsea, would make Ba available.

And is now 29.

We're supposedly after Lacazette, Aubameyang and Grenier, none of whom are at the world cup.

its just more excuse making, anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool.

I'm sure I read Aubameyang had just held talks with Roma that have just collapsed.

I guess it all comes down the selling club wanting to get more than a wham bar for their players, so will wait. And the players wanting better offers, so will wait.

The problem with this window is that everyone knows we need players and they can charge us more for players than they're worth. Not paying over your valuation of a player is admirable but at times, we really just need to bite the bullet and stump up the cash if they really think some of these are going to be vital to the team. That's before considering our stance to success which means you're basically relying on money to get players to sign. Money we won't stump up. It's a stupid cycle and it's no wonder we get nowt done.

We'll be sniffing round the knock on effect of the top moves - i.e. Costa to Chelsea, would make Ba available.

Sniff around like a dog looking for a good place to have a shite.

:lol:

it shouldn't be funny but it is like, we're literally not even going have the reserve/young players to even spoof we have a big squad anymore

Pardew's going to be forced to play a competitive first team in the cup.

Apparently there's interest for Debuchy from Arsenal & PSG considering he's only 18 months into a 5 and a half year contract what kind of price would Ashley be looking at ? We paid £8 million in January 2013 if I would imagine his price is going up the longer France are in the WC would £15/20 million be a fair price ?

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic