The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

There's always been this lie about Everton that they don't spend - but Moyes was always backed fairly well & now Martinez is being backed. For Moyes A £15m Fellaini topped the bill but there was plenty of £6m + players here and there.

If you're talking net spend it's not a lie, it's just a fact :dunno: particularly during Moyes time.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobber :razz: Everton doing stuff like this does piss all over the C-Mafia's lower expectations campaign though, they must be seething. Pards should tell us how a none sovrin stayte clab has done that wifahhht oil money.

Have they improved on last season though? They've stood still for £28m.

Not sure that makes sense, if we are not that far away then if what is possible is equally far away, we are close to out potential. No?

Also it's now noted that CSD blatantly makes stuff up to support his points :lol:

It's nowhere near as bad as some make out but nowhere near as good as what is possible. The truth is we are the epitome of 'meh'. Not striving; surviving.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/alan-pardew-on-newcastle-s-search-for-a-striker-and-loic-remy-1-6759356

Alan Pardew on Newcastle’s search for a striker – and Loic Remy
2063521035.jpg

STRIKER HOPE ... Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew.

Published on the 31 July
08:00

ALAN Pardew is still hopeful that Newcastle United will sign another striker this summer, writes MILES STARFORTH.

The club looks likely to miss out on Alexandre Lacazette, who is set to sign a new deal at Lyon.

Newcastle had made a fresh approach for £16m-rated Lacazette.

But the 23-year-old has indicated his willingness to stay at Lyon for another season.

United will almost certainly have to look elsewhere for a forward, and Pardew hasn’t given up hope of the club luring former loanee Loic Remy back to St James’s Park.

Pardew – whose side beat Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 at Hillsborough last night thanks to a goal from new signing Ayoze Perez – has seen six players arrive on Tyneside this summer.

The 53-year-old believes one more striker would leave him with a squad capable of challenging for European football.

“Looking at our squad, we’re still shy of a striker,” said Pardew, whose team struggled for goals in the latter months of last season.

“That would be ideal. If we could get one that suited the club, we’ll take that forward.

“I’m really pleased with the work we’ve done in the summer.

“It’s far removed from the team that finished last year, and rightly so.

“Hopefully, we’ve invested well.”

Pardew was asked about the breakdown of Remy’s £8m move from Queens Park Rangers to Liverpool after Newcastle’s hard-fought win at Hillsborough.

It was reported that there was an issue with Remy’s medical.

“I didn’t expect that,” said Pardew.

“I thought that deal was sealed and done, as I’m sure his agent and the player thought as well.

“I’m very surprised with that.

“Our medical team had no problem with Loic.”

United were among the clubs to have made Remy an offer before he decided to move to Liverpool.

Asked if he was now an “option”, Pardew added: “On anything, we just monitor as we go.”

Another option for Newcastle is Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, who could be allowed to leave Borussia Dortmund this summer.

Man City played Negredo or Dzeko up front, but Aguero was always dropping deep I'd say it was a 4-4-1 and I certainly wouldn't say they played a classic 4-4-2 with out and out wingers?

Spurs didn't play 442 did they? I thought it was always a 4-5-1/4-3-3 with Adebayor leading the line and their midfield supporting him. I can't think of any games where Soldado and Adebayor played alongside each other?

You're right with Atletico, but I think that kind of supports my point; most top clubs do not use it.

Oh - it's classic 4-4-2 now. The point is it's a strike duo- of course one's going to be deeper than the other an any point. I'd probably say the only thing that you could say was a little unusual about City is that Silva drifts in - but either way it's pretty much a 4-4-2 unless you're being incredibly pedantic for the sake of it. (i.e is really a 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1, if you look closely enough :joker: )

Of course - Spurs played 4-4-2 - at their best anyway - don't you remember that entire thing? Sherwood came in and let them play, they scored a shitload and won most of their matches.

More teams will be definitely using it next year too - as well as 3-5-2's for some reason. Fireworks.

Ayoze Perez has been signed for now.

“We know he has some development in his body , he is still quite frail compared to the physical specimens you have in the Premiershipm but he has shown quality and had one great chance tonight which he finished in style.

“He has shown that in training, he has got real flair and I think he is a player our fans are going to like.

“Hopefully he will have more of an impact than we are hoping for…if that makes sense.”

Looks like we've got our fret fanks Al fanks mate.

With a little over 2 weeks until the Man City game and we're still fannying around trying to find a striker

It's not an easy thing getting players through the door these days. Of course we all want another striker and will be pissed off if we don't get one, you can't always get them as early as you want. Especially in a world cup year.

Everton have only just tied up the deal for Lukaku, a player who they had last season and had already bigged up the club. The tramps are struggling badly trying to get Borini to go back.

The way they're talking I'm reasonably confident we will bring someone else in so I think we just need a bit of patience.

It's not an easy thing getting players through the door these days. Of course we all want another striker and will be pissed off if we don't get one, you can't always get them as early as you want. Especially in a world cup year.Everton have only just tied up the deal for Lukaku, a player who they had last season and had already bigged up the club. The tramps are struggling badly trying to get Borini to go back.The way they're talking I'm reasonably confident we will bring someone else in so I think we just need a bit of patience.

It's not easy getting a striker when the clubs been run on a shoestring budget we're just about even money wise with the players we've got in and the sale of Cabaye & Debuchy. They dont have to break the bank either there's plenty of money (TV, WONGA) to spend.

Lukaku to Everton is a brilliant piece of business for them, If we don't get a decent striker in, that will mean they finish above us.

They'd have finished above us any way...

He's gone where he wants to go and where he feels valued, why would he come to us?

We've got more Greggs and less burglaries :good:

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic