The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are linked with lascelles at Notts Forest. £3mil for a young English CB. Deal could be done tomorrow.

Karl Darlow (GK) his teammate is also linked. Both loaned back to Notts Forest for half of the season.

Trying to approximate teams from the last 11 to go (or be told to go) and the last 11 to arrive.

Ignoring Pardew's issues, which would you prefer to manage?

14ybxh4.jpg

You would have to say that in Cabaye, Debuchy, Remy and Ben Arfa (on his game), you have better players than those we've brought in. But in Tavernier, Perch, Gosling, Simpson, Shola, Marveaux & LDJ you had players who weren't up to the premier league. Whether or not the players coming in prove capable remains to be seen.

It's also not really fair including Mbabu and Aarons as new signings since they were both just signings for the youth set up. If you're going to include them you might as well include the youth players who have been release also.

What did you make of the game yesterday, mate? :glare:

Only had one eye on it while I watched the Good Wife. but...

Obertan's goal against Malaga was an 18 yard punt the keeper seems to have been paid to let in.

Despite Aarons holding the ball up, we only had one bloke in the box when Riviere scored his header against Schalke.

Aaron's goal was from twice the distance of Obertan's and again only Riviere was in the box for the cross or any follow up.

Cabella's goal relied on a defensive goof.

Never saw anything particularly convining.

:lol: No positives to be found in in comfortably beating the 3rd place team from the Bundesliga (in a pre season friendly)? Not looking for an argument or anything, just noticed you hadn't commented on the result. Think the reaction to Saturday could have been slightly over the top at all?

I barely commented on Saturday either. I only mentioned that it seemed to further demonstrate the issues I'd written about in May, because someone else mentioned he seems to rely on luck.I don't see that pardew's tactics yesterday did anything to disprove it.

You seem to be placing a lot of stock in a pre-season friendly though ;)

I knew that was coming. :lol: But no, I'm not placing any stock in it at all. I'm just using it as a near perfect example of the sillyness in ridiculous overreactions to pre season games, which was my point from Saturday. Lose to 'mid table' Spanish side one day, beat Champions League German team the next. Means nowt.

Lets see how we're all feeling 2 weeks today I suppose we'll have an idea then. I know we've signed a lot of players but the proof will be wether they can play together against premiership opposition. Have we signed quantity over quality ? only time will tell.

Trying to approximate teams from the last 11 to go (or be told to go) and the last 11 to arrive.

Ignoring Pardew's issues, which would you prefer to manage?

14ybxh4.jpg

Impossible to give an answer until how I've seen those players perform, together, in the Premier League. Ferreyra miht be the catalyst that turns Riviere into a prolific goal scorer, Cabella might flourish in the Premier League as Cabaye did, Aarons might have a season similar to Sterling's 1st...

I know what you're getting at, but it's far too early with far too many variables to make a prediction yet.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/a-tale-of-two-cities-how-geordie-cloud-drifted-over-sunderland-9652632.html

Much will be expected from the former Ajax captain Siem de Jong, the France international Rémy Cabella, former Monaco striker Emmanuel Rivière, the Dutch World Cup right back, Daryl Janmaat and Colback. Ayoze Perez and Facundo Ferreyra have been added to give Newcastle more striking options.

A fee that could rise to £15 million has also been agreed for Lyon forward Alexandre Lacazette, but the player is still in need of convincing that a season outside the Champions League will not be damaging to his career.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic