Ashley's latest stunt.

trooper

My deal is up this year and I have no interest in taking another 5 year deal. With our without a get out clause.

By the looks of it mate there's quite a few who have the same idea.

Why in this day and age people are still persisting with ST's is beyond me especially with our owner in charge of things and his propensity to piss us all off. Even if you don't want to jack it in completely in protest you can always vote with your feet and send him and the outside world a message. It's easier to not go to a game if you haven't already paid up front. Ask yourself why these deals are in place and why they keep getting better/cheaper? Why is the club now desperate to tie you in to an even cheaper deal where you can't back out?

If people payed on the gate or bought tickets on a game by game basis they might find their hand is strengthened at least a bit more than it already is. (For every expensive derby ticket price there's cheap one off prices v Swansea etc).

Why in this day and age people are still persisting with ST's is beyond me especially with our owner in charge of things and his propensity to piss us all off. Even if you don't want to jack it in completely in protest you can always vote with your feet and send him and the outside world a message. It's easier to not go to a game if you haven't already paid up front. Ask yourself why these deals are in place and why they keep getting better/cheaper? Why is the club now desperate to tie you in to an even cheaper deal where you can't back out?

If people payed on the gate or bought tickets on a game by game basis they might find their hand is strengthened at least a bit more than it already is. (For every expensive derby ticket price there's cheap one off prices v Swansea etc).

Good post HMHM. I could understand the need for having a ST in the days of Keegan's entertainers but nowadays it's simply not needed.

Whey, it's cheaper if you are going to go to EVERY game regardless, so cancelling would only put more money in the coffers and cost you as a fan.

A fan who will go EVERY game regardless I can understand, (although being tied in for five years with no get out clause makes me wonder if the fan would consider himself recession proof or whether the fan would still go if we re-named the club Newcastle Sportsdirect and played in red white and blue?) Anyone else, though?

They seem pretty keen on a full stadium and seem ok with knocking down the prices to accommodate this even though this could have/is having a detrimental effect on the pathetic revenue streams the club has enjoyed under our owner.

We'll buy 3 or 4 players in the summer and the stadium will be full of people paying top whack.

Must be a canny mark up when they can afford to knock over a 100 quid a season off.

We currently have a front line of Cisse and Gouffran next season :lol: and we seem to want rid of Cisse

This is what I was saying to my son on Saturday that line up is potentially THE line up for next season.

Whey, it's cheaper if you are going to go to EVERY game regardless, so cancelling would only put more money in the coffers and cost you as a fan.

This is pretty much me. As stupid and illogical as it may be, I really can't see myself ever stopping going so if I can get it cheaper I might as well. I've had a season ticket since well before Hall and Shepherd turned up so it's not like I got it to make sure I could get every ticket in the first place because it was piss easy to get them back then.

As for what happens if someone can't afford it, realistically what are they going to do to force you to pay for it? People default on loans and credit cards and the like all the time. If banks and huge lending companies can't force you to pay, I doubt Newcastle United can.

Edited by David Kelly

Nah. Could get me and my nephew in L7 for less than what I pay in the gallowgate. Would do that if anything.

I would imagine you'd be able to cherry pick games next year.