Ashley's latest stunt.

trooper

This 5 yr with no opt out deal doesn't fill me with confidence for the years ahead. Investment off the field in the transfer windows and they wouldn't need a no opt out clause. More of the same for another 5 years. Depressing times.

This is pretty much me. As stupid and illogical as it may be, I really can't see myself ever stopping going so if I can get it cheaper I might as well. I've had a season ticket since well before Hall and Shepherd turned up so it's not like I got it to make sure I could get every ticket in the first place because it was piss easy to get them back then.

As for what happens if someone can't afford it, realistically what are they going to do to force you to pay for it? People default on loans and credit cards and the like all the time. If banks and huge lending companies can't force you to pay, I doubt Newcastle United can.

They can wreck your credit rating and you can end up with a CCJ against you though. Nobody gets off scot-free from defaulting on debts.

This 5 yr with no opt out deal doesn't fill me with confidence for the years ahead. Investment off the field in the transfer windows and they wouldn't need a no opt out clause. More of the same for another 5 years. Depressing times.

These 10 year deals and the likes, get out clauses or not, spoke volumes about the direction of the club. Why the need to have people on board well in advance? Why cut your revenue in doing this? Why no room for manoeuvre if we get a good side and they want to get more ticket money in? Why would a potential buyer want to buy the club when the current owner has already tied down a majority of your support to cheaper deals for the next 5-10 years? It's all about managing mediocrity IMHO, it's a bribe to the support to keep at it and accept mediocrity, make the stadium packed to the rafters and also so they the owner can point to the decreased ticket money and say his hands are tied for buying players/paying wages.

They can wreck your credit rating and you can end up with a CCJ against you though. Nobody gets off scot-free from defaulting on debts.

They can wreck me mothers not mine :D

But I'm talking about if you are in a situation where you're financially fucked in any way. In that situation a wrecked credit rating wouldn't be a massive concern to me. And if I'm honest, there's not a lot other than a financial meltdown that would make me want to jack my ticket in.

The fat man must be bricking it. For most people that haven't renewed it isn't about the price, so I doubt his offer is going to help him. If wonder if any paper that reports the decline in sales gets a banning

Why would he be bricking it, if there's a drop in revenue, the only cloth that'll get cut accordingly is the clubs.

Why would he be bricking it, if there's a drop in revenue, the only cloth that'll get cut accordingly is the clubs.

No need for any further cloth cutting if crowds drop. Matchday revenue could halve and the club would still be in profit.

Having signed no-one in 18 months it's difficult to cut any more cloth anyway.