Newcastle United V Everton

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't even be bothered for next year because it's gonna be worse than this one.

Luckily we had a good first half of the season I know one person doesn't make a team but it's all been downhill since Cabaye's departure.

Its hard to give a fuck. As people point out the worry is about next season. The problems are there for all to see but will the fat cuntroller spend the required money? I doubt it...

We're playing a CB at RB, a 3rd choice LB with a striker/winger in front of him in a 4-4-2 formation with no creative Centre midfield, a Centre-Mid playing RM, a striker who has barely played and hasn't scored all season and with our only creative outlet left on the bench. A team which struggled to beat Crystal Palace at home yet there were no lesson learnt.

We didn't stand a chance.

Edited by StoneColdStephenIreland

Pardews conservative innit. Tbf its not his fault we have one decent striker who's injured. The chickens are home and roosting on our penny pinching transfer dealings. Given we're leading the race for eighth and posted a 10 mill profit I doubt anybody at the club particularly cares. High fives all round in fact

Not sure why people are so quick to criticise the strikers, when most strikers need some form of half-decent service to thrive.

We've got Gouffran and Sissoko on the wings, neither of whom are wingers. We don't have our first choice LB or our first choice RB at the moment, making things on the sides even worse.

We're simply not playing in a way that suits De Jong at the moment, and he's a player that'll need to score before we can see what he's really made of, such is his lack of confidence.

As my mate says, Pardew is so scared of conceding, he plays defensive-minded players. The problem is, we still get beat.

If I was ben arfa I'd be desperate to be away. He's not a starter for Pardew he's an impact sub...I dont think pardew trusts him to play 90 minutes, too attack minded.

Everton's players are stronger, faster and better coached than ours. They also have a set way of playing with proper players in each position.

We on the other hand are a patched up job with half the players not sure of their best position, or being played out of it.

No surprises about the result then. In the end there's only one thing to say, the same thing we repeat after each game these days. Unless there's heavy investment in the summer we are truly screwed.

DeJong hasn't scored for either us or the club that owns him at all this season, not a great sign like

I thought we were bereft of creativity since Cabaye's departure, but we're creating roughly the same number of chances, we're not now suddenly going long all the time, our accuracy of passing is roughly the same, the shot accuracy also...

PrePost

Paul dummett he's basically danny simpson ,backs off way to much. Had his trousers pulled down repeatedly last night. Surely haidara has to get his chance now

but Wor Paul is a lercal lad

Paul dummett he's basically danny simpson ,backs off way to much. Had his trousers pulled down repeatedly last night. Surely haidara has to get his chance now

You're really going to write him off after a handful of starts for us?

De Jong is a slightly different case though, he's a full international (for a proper country) and had only 15 games to impress us. There's certainly more pressure on him to perform.

Im all for giving them more time, we have 7 games to go under no pressure whatsoever after all. But the thing is there doesnt seem to be any real potential displayed by either of the two.

If there's someone who needs game time and could be a decent prospect in the near future, its Haidara,