Michael Owen

Baggio

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Smith wont move, he will drop into midfield and take over Keane.

Strachan once said Smith isnt a great goal scorer but a scorer of great goals. He is pretty spot on there.

Although he did have a nice run upfront at the begining of last season. Smith IMO is suited well for Keane. Saha on the other hand. Could he come to SJP and do a job?

With reports that Owen's reprasentatives are having talks with Man Yoo today, there is talk that Smith and Saha may become available/pissed off.

I believe that ManYoo will be favourites to get Owen(as long as Chelsea/Arse don't enter the 'race'), would this free up Smith for a move here?

Shearergol, you've stated on a few occassions that Smith/Souness/Shearer are all massive admirers of each other, like some sort of disgusting menage-a-trois, do you reckon something could be on the cards? Or is Smithy staying, to play in a more withdrawn role this season at ManYoo?

I wouldn't be the biggest fan of Saha, unless we were to get him on loan.

6988[/snapback]

The good money is on Smith staying and learning the Keane role. However, there was talk about 2 months ago that Owen was moving to Man United with Smith coming to us, but I've not heard anything about it since.

Shearer does admire Smith a hell of a lot. I've read and heard plenty of interviews where he states this. I rate the lad, but he's not the goalscoring replacement for Shearer.

As for Saha - no ta.

Oh, and Rooney probably is the finest striker of a ball in this country - not the finest striker (forward), but definately the finest striker of a ball.

Oh, and Rooney probably is the finest striker of a ball in this country - not the finest striker (forward), but definately the finest striker of a ball.

6997[/snapback]

Aye he can strike a nice ball with hardly and run or wind up from his foot.

6997[/snapback]

7000[/snapback]

Weren't you the one who disagreed about 3 posts ago? :lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...rem/4741707.stm

Michael Owen has admitted talking with "three or four" Premiership clubs amid reports he wants to return to England.

The 25-year-old striker's position at Real Madrid has been put in doubt since the arrivals of Brazilian duo Julio Baptista and Robinho at the Bernabeu.

Newcastle have confirmed their interest in Owen while Manchester United have been linked with the England forward.

Owen said: "With Real's knowledge there's been brief dialogue although no formal negotiations have taken place."

He added: "During my four days off, there have been two big signings confirmed by the club and I can understand why this has resulted in speculation about my future.

"Real Madrid contacted my advisers over the weekend and explained that they wanted me to stay but that they would not stand in my way if the right opportunity arose for me to return to the Premiership."

The arrivals of Robinho and Baptista to supplement the incumbent attacking options of Raul and Ronaldo mean Owen could begin the season fifth in the pecking order for a starting place up front.

Newcastle manager Graeme Souness is desperately in need of a new striker and would relish the chance of bringing Owen to Tyneside.

However, it has been widely reported that Owen would not leave Real for a club that had not qualified for the Champions League.

With Arsenal, Chelsea and his former club Liverpool ruling themselves out of the running, that appeared to leave Manchester United in pole position for the £11m-rated goal poacher.

Despite fervoured speculation, Owen is in no rush to leave Real after just one season in the Spanish capital following his £8m move from Anfield last summer.

"I am off to Austria with the rest of the squad to undertake an important 14-day pre-season fitness programme and I do not envisage anything happening during this time," he added.

"When I joined Real Madrid, I was considered by most people to be fourth-choice striker and yet I still managed to start 26 games and score 16 goals.

"I am confident that the Real Madrid president, Senor (Florentino) Perez, will have my best interests at heart whatever happens.

"In the meantime, I am preparing myself physically and mentally for the coming season and hopefully the World Cup which follows it."

6997[/snapback]

7000[/snapback]

Weren't you the one who disagreed about 3 posts ago? :lol:

7001[/snapback]

:lol:

I read both wrong, what a mackem.

:lol:

I feel it in my bones that he'll be a Man United player by the 20th August, and Saha will be on his way.

7015[/snapback]

I just cant see why he would join us at the moment with so much "stuff" happening at the club. Its going to take a few season to get rid of the tag we have got.

Although the one saving grace is Wor Al, im sure he has spoke to him already about it, all Al can do is plug the club and talk bull to him.