Tattoos

Kevin Carr's Gloves

I always used to think of Tattoos as one of three things.

1. A sign of an Alt (sic) character.

2. A sign someone wants to look hard.

3. A girly fashion accessory.

Seeing as they are now not alternative in any way shape or form that now leaves just the two reasons.

Discuss... Or attack or just ignore whatever..

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the sheep mentality that gets me. All the lads with Celtic Bands, Chinese Symbols, Stars, Tribal, Clouds and Angels etc. are going to look horrific in 10/20 years when the fashion has changed. Same goes with the current trend of beards and full body tattoos. It's not like you can wash them off when you decide to follow a new trend. Lasses with full sleeves too, bad decision.

:lol:

I'd agree that you shouldnt follow trends in tattooing. BAD idea. There's so many I cant stand (stars on necks / wrists for example), but as a whole, I like them, or at least ones I consider well done. But like all art, its in the eye of the beholder and all that. Well, unless its completely fucked up and obviously shit :lol: As someone with them though, I often listen to people being judgemental about those with them and think "arse".

It's the sheep mentality that gets me. All the lads with Celtic Bands, Chinese Symbols, Stars, Tribal, Clouds and Angels etc. are going to look horrific in 10/20 years when the fashion has changed. Same goes with the current trend of beards and full body tattoos. It's not like you can wash them off when you decide to follow a new trend. Lasses with full sleeves too, bad decision.

Pretty sure you can shave off a beard like...

Tattoos are for mugs.

What if haircuts were permanent? How many of us thought "curtains" were cool in the nineties?

Similar to email addresses from when you were 12. The amount of times people in their mid / late 20's have to give out their msn id from when they were 12, e.g mentalsteve_2k1@.... !

Maturity is a wonderful thing, thankfully emails are easily changed for a slight inconvenience and we can cut our hair. Tattoos a different story!

Tattoos are for mugs.

What if haircuts were permanent? How many of us thought "curtains" were cool in the nineties?

Similar to email addresses from when you were 12. The amount of times people in their mid / late 20's have to give out their msn id from when they were 12, e.g mentalsteve_2k1@.... !

Maturity is a wonderful thing, thankfully emails are easily changed for a slight inconvenience and we can cut our hair. Tattoos a different story!

Mugs you say. Funny, I tend to find people without tattoos don't judge people without them as easily. Curtains were always shit by the way :lol:

• 9 months later...

Been thinking about a tattoo for the last few years (tasteful, obvs) but reeeeally tempted at the moment. Might be the approaching mid-life crisis that's doing it.

Recommendations for decent places city centre/Gateshead/Washy/South of the river so I can have a bit look at them?

I like neck tattoos. Either a bolt on either side or a dotted line with "cut here".

Or if you're looking for something a bit more mystical, go for "wank spanner" in Sanskrit around the arc where thumb and forefinger meet.