Have you ever won a competition?

Happy Face

I won a pub raffle once. Got a 4 foot teddy.

Also part of the winning team in the Whitburn Golf Club Texas Ramble.

Finally won a massive clock at work. That was another raffle.

Never won so much as a pub quiz otherwise.

Are you a bigger success?

Won a weekend break in Évian in a competition on the Guardian website once. Couldn't really be more middle-class.

I thought you'd be swimming in prizes. Second only to Stevie with your TV shows and pub quizzes.

Must be the schooling

;)

:lol: Bought a Chinese takeaway with pub quiz winnings once, does that count? (Although this does illustrate another difference between me and Stevie - he'd call it a chinkies. ;) )

Won £20 the other week on a football domino card, Newcastle Utd was available to take and my daughter was telling me to take them but I chose Liverpool instead. She said why and I said they were a lucky team. I was right! (copyright LeazesMag).

I won a birthday party for me plus 10 friends at Wet & Wild when I was a kid. The food was pretty rotten but it was a canny day. Actually now I think about it, my mam probably entered and won that on my behalf rather than it being anything I'd earned. :lol:

I won an egg decoration competition at school one year for my tweety pie. Prize was probably book tokens or something, I only wanted the glory.

I won a mini football from a can of coke once and an HD video recorder thing from a can of pepsi max.

Edited by Jill

I won a putting competition in the Maldives years ago. The prize was professional lessons from the resident golf pro. I hate golf and only actually entered the competition to try and beat my husband who ended up having the lessons in my place :glare:

Don't think I've mentioned this before but in 1992 at about the time the Telegraph started doing fantasy football one of my mates bought a book called Dream League which was a rival thing where you could have local leagues among a few people and also enter a national competition for a small fee. About 10 of us did it which was an excuse to meet in someones house once a month for an update/auction (involving beer of course).

Anyway we did it in 93/94 as well and due to my retention of Arsenal's defence from the previous year and the acquisition of a certain Mr A. Cole I won the national title :)

The lads who wrote the book/ran the league were a group of IT geeks (surprise surprise) who also liked football and they also did a couple of other sports as well like baseball. The usual prize was a trip to an England away game but this was at the time England were banned so I had to wait a while for my prize. The next available game was a certain game in Dublin in 95 :)

Now the reason watching/travelling with England never appealed to me was the association with the creme de la creme of other teams's scum known as England fans so the events didn't exactly surprise me. There was a group of about 12 of us with 3 organisers I think plus the winners of the cup competitions they ran as well covering two seasons. Thing was I was the only "streetwise" football fan who'd seen bother before so when it all kicked off (we were in the seats) I managed to calm the others down and then chose the exact moment to slink away before the riot coppers arrived upstairs to cart everyone off to be deported so we ended up back in our hotel as just about the only un-nicked "England fans".

Still my only experience of Ireland but overall I enjoyed it (apart from the scum of course).

Megadrive from some games magazine when i was a kid for completing "Zelda: A Link to the Past" in a quick time

Football tournaments/races when i was a runner , sports day medals and shite like that

Hopefully pick this up again next month, title defence coming up for our third year winning on the trot

3 tournaments, 0 goals conceded :D

BL1HzZ7CYAAvPGq.jpg

446speirs.jpg

;)

I've won a Nintendo DSi XL, A 32gb Ipod (it was one of the classic's before the touch's came out), Marvel Alliance 2 for the 360 (I think that was sorted out by Ritchie on here), won tickets through the years, it used to be piss easy to win cd's on Metro Radio when I was a bairn so I won some stuff from them. Never won money or a holiday.

A trip to the World Cup in 1994 thanks to Coca-Cola. Semi Final, 3rd and 4th Place play off and Final.

A Commodore Amiga thanks to John Menzies MetroCentre in 1990.

A box of San Miguel at the local beer festival last year.

3 x win in this post but the top post is the most win :D

3 x win in this post but the top post is the most win :D

Yeah Tom. Bit of a hazy memory now but won it from scratch cards in the multi-packs of Coke. I was drinking gallons of the stuff at the time to keep me going as I was writing a dissertation through the night whilst working full time at Sainsbury's over an Easter break at university. Had to match a goal time with a famous WC winning goal printed in The Mirror. I nearly didn't win it as Coca-Cola kept phoning up and I thought it was a hoax caller as I had completely forgotten that I had entered! Great hospitality at the LAX Hilton, a trip to the LA sights, a trip to Disney and Warner Bros and World Cup closing Party at Universal Studios. Took a great deal of stick for wearing Newcastle top in the final - the mad, half cut Brazilians who we were seated with thought I was a Baggio \ Juventus fan.