Newcastle United vs. Swansea City

Rayvin

Can actually get to see this today since my season finished, and i truly couldn't give the smallest of fucks about watching it.

completely fed up and disinterested with how we do now, used to bother me who beat us/how we did, sit and scream at people making mistakes/shola etc, but i honestly couldn't give a flying fuck anymore about any of it, sunderland beating us twice this season, all of it, couldn't care less.

We competed for nothing, we've no ambition so there's absolutely no point to giving a toss

do enough not to get relegated and that'll do it, yey

I miss counting down the hours to kick off, waiting for the line ups, watching the pre match shows etc, all the things leading up to the game days before it. Desperately searching for a channel thats broadcasting the match, making sure I dont have anything else planned for during the game. And if I did miss it somehow the struggle to get the score from somewhere asap. Then the tension on match day itself, how every misplaced pass or missed chance drew a moan, how every goal made me jump and run around the house. The euphoria after a good victory, how I couldnt get over a defeat for days after.

I dont even know our kick off times mostly now, cant bother with checking what our starting line up is, or whether Im able to watch the match or not, and sometimes not even checking the score for hours afterwards. If I do watch the match its mostly like a zombie. If we win great, if not what does it matter? There's hardly any feeling left.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss counting down the hours to kick off, waiting for the line ups, watching the pre match shows etc, all the things leading up to the game days before it. Desperately searching for a channel thats broadcasting the match, making sure I dont have anything else planned for during the game. And if I did miss it somehow the struggle to get the score from somewhere asap. Then the tension on match day itself, how every misplaced pass or missed chance drew a moan, how every goal made me jump and run around the house. The euphoria after a good victory, how I couldnt get over a defeat for days after. 

I dont even know our kick off times mostly now, cant bother with checking what our starting line up is, or whether Im able to watch the match or not, and sometimes not even checking the score for hours afterwards. If I do watch the match its mostly like a zombie. If we win great, if not what does it matter? There's hardly any feeling left.

Yet enough time to come on a Newcastle forum , matchday, a few hours before kick off and share your woes ;)

Yet enough time to come on a Newcastle forum , matchday, a few hours before kick off and share your woes ;)

"I'm more not arsed than you"

"Are you fuck, I sooperdooperfabuloso not arsed"

And where the fuck have you been young man? :angry2:

Think I'm going through a bumpy patch with Toontastic. Not yet divorce but definitely sleeping in separate beds.

It's all got a bit serious and angry in the last few months and all the daft fun seems to be getting squeezed out of the place.

Definitely a better place before folk started getting banned. All gone a bit heavy.

Still reading though :)

Can someone fill me in on the salient differences between a 4-2-4 and a 4-4-2?....

Krul

Debuchy Colo Mbiwa Santon

Sissoko Tiote Anita HBA

Remy Cisse

Krul

Tiote Anita

HBA De Jong Cisse Remy

Think I'm going through a bumpy patch with Toontastic. Not yet divorce but definitely sleeping in separate beds.

It's all got a bit serious and angry in the last few months and all the daft fun seems to be getting squeezed out of the place.

Definitely a better place before folk started getting banned. All gone a bit heavy.

Still reading though :)

I've not noticed it getting any angrier. Are you sure it's not just getting harder to type your password because of your increasingly Sausagey fingers? ;)

(fwiw I think it's pretty obvious why things are a little more strained on a Newcastle United message board, isn't it?)

Edited by The Fish

Krul

Sissoko Tiote Anita HBA

Remy Cisse

Krul

Tiote Anita

HBA De Jong Cisse Remy

So you think its a difference due to players available/selected?... I always thought they were much the same, just the wide (and a midfileder; the fabled "box to boxer") players push on when attacking, making a 4/5...

Didn't you only start supporting us a couple of years ago?

No.

I know. Like I said I miss it. Like many others on here. We obviously still care. I dont think I will ever get completely detached. But a lot of the passion has gone out.

Once we get a decent owner and some direction again Im sure it will come back flooding in :nufc:

Please, did you miss the blah blah treatment Aeris got? :lol:

So you think its a difference due to players available/selected?... I always thought they were much the same, just the wide (and a midfileder; the fabled "box to boxer") players push on when attacking, making a 4/5...

Nah, it's a different formation, different tactics, different balance etc. It's not just a 4-4-2 with the wingers pushed further up, it's the two widest players in a 4-2-4 acting as Inside Forwards, cutting inside, not delivering crosses from the wing. The two midfielders basically by passed by direct balls from the defenders up to the 4 strikers.

A 4-4-2 relies on triangles of passing opportunities, the wide midfielders keep chalk on their boots as they're delivering crosses to the two centre forwards, traditionally one midfielder given a defensive responsibility, one more creative freedom.

That's my take on it anyway, others might argue otherwise.

He's been checking out unsigned bands at Cleadon Working and Unwaged Person's Cooperative

88txg.jpg

(Although I think he's taken the "Hipster" part literally)

what a load of fucking balls you, the only people who are currently banned in the entire history of toontastic are Leazes, thompers, Aeris/LBT and lately Tutu

none of which anyone had issue with and none of which had fuck all to do with me.

it's strained and bitey because of the football related issues which you won't get because you're a wum with no sense of football or frankly interest in it other than to say to people "oh yeah i support TeamX"

feel free to take the digs and jog on if ya don't like it, where to i'm not sure since N-O is the only other newcastle forum really and we all know you're not getting on there again,

that's not the first time you've trotted out that line about how great it was before i was involved (which is what you're aiming at), but it's the last.

(btw you do this every year at certain points in the season it's old news, tenner says you're on a holiday of some description)

2641898.jpg