Happy Easter

Christmas Tree

What's everyone upto today?

No shops open for a start.

Early morning trip to Chester le street car boot sale for me, (saw a dear on the verge of the A1m).

Home for a decent breakfast.

Posted Image

Next a family outing to Grandma Trees before some grass cutting and general laziness.

Been in work since 7, was due in at 6, but Rail replacement buses don't serve their purpose.

And the Starbucks serve gave me one of the massively chocolatey muffins, when I'd asked for the lemon one, honestly, FML

Been in work since 7, was due in at 6, but Rail replacement buses don't serve their purpose.

And the Starbucks serve gave me one of the massively chocolatey muffins, when I'd asked for the lemon one, honestly, FML

New job yet?

New job yet?

Nah, not really been looking either.

One idea is to do a normal 9-5er for an office that requires my high level of clearance, do a couple of writing night classes and then get on the BBC Journalism Trainee scheme next May.

I figure worst comes to the worst, and after a years prep I don't get on the scheme, I've got a job and have improved something I enjoy (writing), if I get on the scheme but don't get a job at the end of the year long placement I'll have some cracking experience to take into future roles and if everything goes brilliantly I'll be banned from St James' Park press rooms before 2017 ;)

Nah, not really been looking either.

One idea is to do a normal 9-5er for an office that requires my high level of clearance, do a couple of writing night classes and then get on the BBC Journalism Trainee scheme next May.

I figure worst comes to the worst, and after a years prep I don't get on the scheme, I've got a job and have improved something I enjoy (writing), if I get on the scheme but don't get a job at the end of the year long placement I'll have some cracking experience to take into future roles and if everything goes brilliantly I'll be banned from St James' Park press rooms before 2017 ;)

Sounds like a plan.

Have you thought this through to an ultimate end?

Are you the one in the field reporting a two minute filler on spring lambs, the brave, life on the line mad fucker dodging bullets in somewhere ending in stan or the smooth anchor, back in the studio with the knowing look and razor wit?

Probably need a hair piece though for Telly.

Sounds like a plan.

Have you thought this through to an ultimate end?

Are you the one in the field reporting a two minute filler on spring lambs, the brave, life on the line mad fucker dodging bullets in somewhere ending in stan or the smooth anchor, back in the studio with the knowing look and razor wit?

Probably need a hair piece though for Telly.

I'm nowhere near that yet, I'll be delighted if I get on the scheme in the first place.

Certainly wouldn't be putting myself forward for a stint embedded with the Paras in the Helmand province (or wherever the oil is next). Lambs is more my speed. Probably best if I make a career out of reporting on angry local people, angrily pointing at the things which have made them angry.

Edited by The Fish

Old boy, you can't seriously be telling me the mushroom council don't know their mushrooms !!!

Nah, I'm actually saying you're inventively lazy.

The Mushroom council don't say that you should microwave them, they say that you can. Which is as likely a way to get people like you to eat mushrooms. Put it this way, after a brief google of mushroom recipes from your usual band of culinary luminaries shows that not a single one of them recommend microwaving mushrooms and they all say that as mushrooms have a lot of moisture within, taking your time is important.

You just don't want to do that because you're lazy, so you searched for a page which said from a reputable enough source saying that they could be microwaved.

Find me a top chef advocating Microwaving the mushrooms over another method and I'll apologise.

Nah, I'm actually saying you're inventively lazy.

The Mushroom council don't say that you should microwave them, they say that you can. Which is as likely a way to get people like you to eat mushrooms. Put it this way, after a brief google of mushroom recipes from your usual band of culinary luminaries shows that not a single one of them recommend microwaving mushrooms and they all say that as mushrooms have a lot of moisture within, taking your time is important.

You just don't want to do that because you're lazy, so you searched for a page which said from a reputable enough source saying that they could be microwaved.

Find me a top chef advocating Microwaving the mushrooms over another method and I'll apologise.

No apology needed dear fellow. This is all you need to know.

"While sautéing mushrooms is often considered the most popular way to prepare nature’s hidden treasure, microwaving mushrooms shouldn’t be overlooked. If done properly, you can save time and calories without compromising on taste or texture. When you cook mushrooms in the microwave, they don’t need butter or oil, which is great if you’re looking to cook without adding any fat".

In particular dwell on this bit.... "you can save time and calories without compromising on taste or texture".

Stop being contrary Dave :)

No apology needed dear fellow. This is all you need to know.

"While sautéing mushrooms is often considered the most popular way to prepare nature’s hidden treasure, microwaving mushrooms shouldn’t be overlooked. If done properly, you can save time and calories without compromising on taste or texture. When you cook mushrooms in the microwave, they don’t need butter or oil, which is great if you’re looking to cook without adding any fat".

In particular dwell on this bit.... "you can save time and calories without compromising on taste or texture".

Stop being contrary Dave :)

:spit:

I said "a top chef", not mushroominfo.com who, like the mushroom council, are just trying to get wasters like you to eat mushrooms.

Find me a top chef advocating microwaving microwaving mushrooms ahead of other methods and I'll apologise, until then, you're just being lazy.