The DIY thread

Christmas Tree

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Listen dickhead, I've got Amtico too but I didn't open with that because I'm not a COMPLETE bellend. 

You go herringbone first and then you try and shoehorn the Amtico in later, you classless Hyacinth Bucket bastard. 

Wow, being accused of being classless by you is quite the insult.

• 1 month later...

Just thought I’d share my Snap Toggle with you all. :) 

Used them for a couple of years and makes hanging stuff like TV’s etc a piece of piss. 

10 for about £8

You basically put the metal part through your hole, slide the plastic fitting down until it clamps into your hole, snap off the long bits then screw in your M6 bolts

1E449978-B7BE-4A61-AFB1-718756BD8B02.jpeg

Just thought I’d share my “ Screw Driver” with you all. :) 

Used them for a couple of years and makes putting stuff like screws in holes etc a piece of piss. 

1 for about £8 

You basically put the metal part on top of your nail thingy, hold the plastic part in your hand , and turn it to make the screw go in. 
The real magic happens when you turn it the other way, as then, the screw comes OUT of the hole! 

T3274_143952_00?pgw=1&pgwact=1

• Haha 6

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

For that much work get the cheapest one you can find (all much of a muchness at lower prices), but keep the blade new and get some tracks to keep you straight.

You will struggle to go through a sleeper in one pass with a circular saw (blade depth isn’t enough) so will need to mark all the way round and probably do one cut per side, then maybe finish with a hand saw.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

Anyone got any recommendations for a circular saw? 

Just need if for cutting some sleepers and some new decking boards. Then just odd DIY projects after that. 

Check with MF. He's the expert. 

• Haha 1