Questions of the day

The Fish

Mackems; they're only going to go and survive, aren't they?
Chelsea; they've only gone and handed the title to Man City, haven't they?
Liverpool; Choked or just not good enough?

So, who's going to win? Who's going down?

I still think Sunderland are going down but not as confident as I was before the match yesterday. It all depends on whether Fulham can pull it out of the bag in their final two games. Norwich and Cardiff are as good as gone.

As for the top of the table, I really think Liverpool are going to balls it up. As much as I'd like to see Chelsea win it for my own financial reasons I reckon City are certainly in the driving seat and have the character to see it through.

sorry to see them go but looks like fulham have blown it, despite playing some nice stuff in patches under macgath.

amazing turnaround from poyet. mackems to survive, just.

liverpool to throw away the title. what a tragedy :lol:

The mackems need one win from their last three. They'll get it, no doubt about it, they'll beat WBA and that will be it. That would leave Fulham needing 2 wins from their last two games, not going to happen, while Norwich would need to beat Chelsea and Arsenal, again absolutely no chance. The mackems are 90% certain to stay up now.

City for the title.

Norwich, Cardiff and Fulham to go down. Mackems will survive, mainly because nothing good ever happens to us :lol:

Yeah I think bottom three will disappear, despite Fulham's improvement under Magath.

Still think Liverpool will win.

Yeah I think bottom three will disappear, despite Fulham's improvement under Magath.

Still think Liverpool will win.

I cant see City slipping up now. Everton will be a tricky one but they really miss Mirallas.

Can't see the Mackems going down now. Others have games I cant see them getting points from and I reckon Sunderland will get 4 more points.

As for winning, it's in City's hands like but they can be prone to a slip up, maybe more than Liverpool at the moment. Both sets of fans are insufferable so it's like saying would I prefer my left or right bollock flicked with a hot spoon.

This season's been shite tbh, not just because we're shit but just the standard has seemed low. The media keep acting as if it's been an unbelievable season because of the 3 horse race for the title but they've all had chances to make it their own but just keep slipping up. Ferguson must regret retirement a little as I could easily see him having at least 7 more wins by this point and comfortably be challenging. Meanwhile over half the league is utter dogshit, we're 9th and could very realistically end the season top 10 with 19 or even 20 losses.

Sunderland will stay up, the Everton - Man City game is obviously the key game for the title now, if Man City win I can see them winning their last two and the title unless there is an 11 goal winning margin for Liverpool against us. What a crap season it's been.

I was thinking about the bottom half of the table. Are they all shit? Or just similarly inconsistent? We've all been on good runs but nobody seems to have had the ability to maintain it for any real duration. I also have it in my mind that there've been more managerial changes than normal?

Spurs

Man Utd

Palace

Swansea

West Brom

Sunderland

Norwich

Fulham

Cardiff

I think it's a bit of a mix, some are really shit, some are average but really inconsistent. I just think the teams are a poor standard this year, I'm still shocked we could finish top 10 after losing 19/20 games. The Premiership is normally one of the harder leagues to predict, but this season has been very bizarre, it also feels like the points are spread more evenly than normal as it's only something like 9 points between 20th and 12th (maybe 11th I can't remember). There has been a lot of managerial changes aye, some odd ones too as I don't really feel Swansea, Cardiff and Norwich have gained a great deal from theirs.

Of the Premier League managers below us, who would actually improve our on-field performance (in terms of style of play) with the squad at our disposal?

Of the Premier League managers below us, who would actually improve our on-field performance (in terms of style of play) with the squad at our disposal?

Magath would, hes a total loon though he'd manage about 10 minutes with ashley before he murdered him.

We should hire Magath.

The tide of national opinion seems to be turning against Ashley, most national papers that are running stories about us are laying the blame at his feet. Surely if his name is becoming synonymous with a lack of ambition, he'll want to arrest that link?

Do you think this will encourage him to up sticks? Or is he immune to public criticism?

The tide of national opinion seems to be turning against Ashley, most national papers that are running stories about us are laying the blame at his feet. Surely if his name is becoming synonymous with a lack of ambition, he'll want to arrest that link?

Do you think this will encourage him to up sticks? Or is he immune to public criticism?

'National opinion' is only turning against Ashley as an excuse to stick up for Pardew. If we were just slaughtering the root of the problem, (Ashley), I'm sure national opinion would be saying its Pardew's fault.

I think he'd sack Pardew if he cared. Whether he cares is anyone's guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Right you lot, comprise a Newcastle 18 man squad including 6 players (1/3) from teams Stoke (9th) down, including Championship and below if you should so desire.

Reason for the condition of 9th down is that I cannot see many players from Soton, ManU, Everton or above realistically come to the Toon. And yes I recognise I am ignoring teams outside of the UK - like any good LeazesMag-er.