Remy

Vorm

Mbiwa

Cameron

Delph

Noble

Arnautovic

Carroll

I took it that Remy and De Guzman weren't available since they were only on loan at any of the teams that were being included.

Right, well 1st things 1st, lets list the players that I'd have from those clubs below us;
Premier League
Stoke = No One (Surprised you went for Shawcross as I think he reached his peak and is in decline and isn't any better than Taylor)
Crystal Palace = No One
Swansea = Bony, Michu?
West Ham = Carroll, Diame? No one really. Fat Sam strikes again.
Sunderland = I'd love to cheat and say Borini, but nobody really.
Villa = Benteke, Clark... maybe, Westwood looked integral every time I watched, but I'm not sure, nobody really impressed me.
Hull = Long, Huddlestone might be able to do a job, but I think there's is an example of a side of average players, playing above themselves.
West Brom = Berahino, Maybe Amalfitano or Sessegnon? Nobody really leaps out other than them and the latter two might just be MoTD players.
Norwich = I liked Snodgrass, but that's it.
Fulham = Hangeland? I think Hotlby and Sidwell are better than their performances. Mitroglou is a good striker and it must be attitude that kept him out of the team?

Cardiff = Bellamy (the answer is always Bellamy), maybe Zaha?

Championship

Burnley = Danny Ings

Derby = Hughes

QPR = Austin, Barton
Most of them are Strikers and attacking flair players, probably because we've been lacking in those areas.
Benteke, Bony, Ings. Hughes, Barton... Then it's a toss up between Holtby, Mitroglou, Zaha, Berahino and Snodgrass.

Probably because of the attitudinal issues associated with the first 3, and the number of forwards I've already mentioned I'd have to go Snodgrass?

So

1. Krul
  2. Elliott
  3. Debuchy
  4. Colo
  5. Mbiwa
  6. Williamson
  7. Santon
  8. Haidara
  9. Tiote
  10. Anita
  11. Sissoko
  12. Hughes
  13. Barton
  14. Snodgrass
  15. Ben Arfa
  16. Ings
  17. Benteke
  18. Bony

Krul

Debuchy Colo Mbiwa Santon

Tiote Anita Hughes

Ben Arfa --------------Snodgrass

Bony

Elliott

Haidara

Williamson

Barton

Sissoko

Benteke

Ings

(I agree that we'll be unlikely to sign many if any players from the English leagues, but I was distracting myself from job-hunting)

I took it that Remy and De Guzman weren't available since they were only on loan at any of the teams that were being included.

QPR are below Newcastle?

QPR are below Newcastle?

My attention to detail is obviously not at it's best today as I completely missed you saying championship counted.

I thought of Holtby too but isn't he just on loan from Spurs?

I'm surprised you've put Mbiwa and Colo together. I don't think they can work as a pair at all which is why I would have Shawcross who I think is a very steady defender. I would probably have taken Huth as well if I was working with more than 6 players.

My attention to detail is obviously not at it's best today as I completely missed you saying championship counted.

I thought of Holtby too but isn't he just on loan from Spurs?

I'm surprised you've put Mbiwa and Colo together. I don't think they can work as a pair at all which is why I would have Shawcross who I think is a very steady defender. I would probably have taken Huth as well if I was working with more than 6 players.

I thought his contract had ended. Guess my attention to detail is banjaxed today as well. :lol:

I picked my best two defenders and put them together, I think they can work together, but not under Pardew. I think Shawcross and Huth are cloggers and as likely to cause problems through silly fouls as they are to repel them by being big strong defenders.

The tide of national opinion seems to be turning against Ashley, most national papers that are running stories about us are laying the blame at his feet. Surely if his name is becoming synonymous with a lack of ambition, he'll want to arrest that link?

Do you think this will encourage him to up sticks? Or is he immune to public criticism?

I admire your forethought, and I do wish what you bring up comes to fruition.

But encouragement or no encouragement, tide or no tide, this cath will own the club for a very significant time and nothing will change. Our very own Bill Kenwright.

I thought his contract had ended. Guess my attention to detail is banjaxed today as well. :lol:

I picked my best two defenders and put them together, I think they can work together, but not under Pardew. I think Shawcross and Huth are cloggers and as likely to cause problems through silly fouls as they are to repel them by being big strong defenders.

I think both Colo and Mbiwa need cloggers next to them to play effectively. They are without doubt our best defenders but both have looked poor when played with each other and both have looked good playing with our (imo) worst defender, Williamson (not that I'm rating Saylor as much better mind).

Of course you're right, the Pardew effect will no doubt have harmed both of their games regardless of who they play with.

I agree with that. Shawcross isnt what he was a couple of years back but I'd have him over Taylor or Willo in a heartbeat.

Left out Remy and Ben Arfa because I think its a given they're gone, and Remy should be able to find a top 6 club.

I'd imagine his manager had a few choice words as well :lol: Could easily have gone horribly wrong..!

As for what I'd do... I dunno, it's not like he's injured anyone, he's just a knob. Like Ant said, probably some heavy tackling or an off camera decapitation. Nothing over the top.

Edited by Rayvin