what would it take to renew your excitement for next season?

Dr Gloom

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What would it take to get you genuinely excited about next season?

A summer spending spree (unlikely)

Pardew to be sacked (slightly less unlikely but fuck knows who he'd be replaced by, or whether there'd be any money to spend)

Or are you one of those blind optimists that always looks forward to the new season?

I'm at the point where it would probably have to be Ashley selling up. Though an unprecedented summer spending spree would have me eating my words, it's never going to happen.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ashley to sell up. I'd take League Two football I hate him that much. I don't just want him to sell up, I want the rest of his life to be shit. The man is a fat cunt, the worst person in the entire history of the club, and that's a bold statement. 3 billion in the bank and he lets the club drift like it is. Absolute cunt.

I'm usually excited anyway, but given how the 2 nod half of the season has panned out I would probably need to see 2 or 3 significant signings.

Given the 2nd half season and striker situation and Ashleys unpredictableness then I think the summer will no doubt be eventful.

Yeah, it's reached the point where interest has waiyned so badly that there's NO joy left in following the club, something which has massively affected this place too imo.

Ashley has ripped the heart out of the club and the club is the city. He really ought to be pitchforked out of town.

Edited by trophyshy

Very good sentence this and spot on, I've even tweeted it, it's so good.

Yeah, it's reached the point where interest has waiyned so badly that there's NO joy left in following the club.

I'm usually excited anyway, but given how the 2 nod half of the season has panned out I would probably need to see 2 or 3 significant signings.

Given the 2nd half season and striker situation and Ashleys unpredictableness then I think the summer will no doubt be eventful.

He hasn't really been unpredictable though, has he? Unless you count things where even we didn't think he could do something worse.

Ashley thought/thinks the sun shone out the arse's of Allardyce, Kinnear & Pardew (jobs for the boy's) Yet completely undermined Keegan, Shearer & Hughton (who had respect for the club & fans) Unless Ashley sells up he will continue to rip the heart & soul out of the club. He'll continue to exploit the fans until there's nothing left to make money on only then will he go.

There's always an element of excitment at the start of a new season regardless of what is happening at the club (even after relegation it was there to an extent). So I expect to have some of that but a depressing summer of making no signings (I believe this is next to impossible though) would severely test me.

For any chance of some real excitement though, Pardew needs to be sacked and we need to make some strong moves on the transfer front. I have massive doubts that either of these will happen and think it's most likely that we'll be allowed to drift.

The departure of Ashley would really lift everyone though but the only way (other than his death) that I can see that happening in anything like the short term, would be him focussing his attentions on Rangers and there being some FIFA/UEFA/FA reason for not allowing him to control both clubs.

Some ambition/purpose. The club is totally pointless at the moment. A waste of space.

Some trust couldn't hurt either. I think Pardew will be sacked mind. I can't see us getting anything from our last 3.

I think Pardew will be sacked mind. I can't see us getting anything from our last 3.

agree. that and/or a massive spending spree for me. not happening.

I've said Ashley leaving would get me excited, but I know, regardless of everything else, a new season brings a fresh excitement with it

I'm the eternal optimist/fool, but even I can't imagine getting excited next season without some major changes.

at least it's a world cup year. eagerly awaiting fifa fucking that up.

Since January I have had the view that Ashley would see spending then as throwing money away, but spending in the summer as much, much more beneficial.

For that reason, despite despising both Ashley and Pardew, I am confident we will spend as much as Ashley ever has (£20 to £25m). I won'ty be too excited as long as Pardew is working with those players though. No doubt it would give the team a boost and sell a few more tickets initially, but we will have reverted to type by Halloween.

It'd cost £20-25m to replace Cabaye properly, let alone to buy some actual quality up front.

We can buy 3 very good players for that.

We don't buy 28 year old players that have shown they can cut the mustard in the Premier league.

Ashley leaving will bring the only real excitement for me.

Mind Pardew's head and a few decent signings wouldnt be too bad. That has to be the bare minimum for next season, hopefully even the fat idiot can see that.

Since January I have had the view that Ashley would see spending then as throwing money away, but spending in the summer as much, much more beneficial.

For that reason, despite despising both Ashley and Pardew, I am confident we will spend as much as Ashley ever has (£20 to £25m). I won'ty be too excited as long as Pardew is working with those players though. No doubt it would give the team a boost and sell a few more tickets initially, but we will have reverted to type by Halloween.

Wish I shared your confidence. I'm expecting £15m spend.