what would it take to renew your excitement for next season?

Dr Gloom

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Branson buying us, re-hiring Keegan as manager and letting him loose with £250m, adidas re-making our kit, me designing it, Fender sponsoring us and AC/DC doing a little warm up set with Malcolm just before kick off on the day of the first match. . :wank: :wank:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish I shared your confidence. I'm expecting £15m spend.

That's been our average spend every season since he bought us. I'm expecting at least some of the extra TV money to be added to what we normally spend.

He's going to do a little to encourage back some of those supporters that haven't renewed.

Branson buying us, re-hiring Keegan as manager and letting him loose with £250m, adidas re-making our kit, me designing it, Fender sponsoring us and AC/DC doing a little warm up set with Malcolm just before kick off on the day of the first match. . :wank: :wank:

:lol:And free beer.

That's been our average spend every season since he bought us. I'm expecting at least some of the extra TV money to be added to what we normally spend.

He's going to do a little to encourage back some of those supporters that haven't renewed.

Didnt we say that about the TV money last summer?

Even 20M wouldnt be that impressive considering the TV money and what we got for Cabaye ffs. But yeah considering our recent record I'd happily take it. Along with Pards' head hopefully :pray:

Edited by aimaad22

I guess that's why I'm expecting it.I don't believe he'll ramp up his spend until either crowds dwindle, or league status is at risk come Christmas.

Obviously Ashley selling up would boost my excitement again. But failing that Pardew has to go, even if we spend £20-30m I can't get excited with that utter tosser in charge. He basically insults or undermines the fans/city/club in some way most weeks, and tactically he's clueless. Him going is the absolute minimum I expect, if neither leave I cant see myself being excited at all.

That moment when you click back onto Toontastic, forgetting which thread you were reading and see "Mike Ashley Selling Up" first and foremost on the page. :sweat:

a £50m net spend on 5 or 6 new players would wet my appetite.

it's just never going to happen though is it.

Even if it did, Pardocchio would have them ruined in 4 months.

Ashley to sell up. I'd take League Two football I hate him that much. I don't just want him to sell up, I want the rest of his life to be shit. The man is a fat cunt, the worst person in the entire history of the club, and that's a bold statement. 3 billion in the bank and he lets the club drift like it is. Absolute cunt.

You giving your season ticket up? I can't stomach making a billionaire even richer I'm afraid

Probably unrealistic but a new owner with ambition for the club oh and Keegan as manager & Shearer his assistant. When Keegan has enough move him upstairs give Shearer the managers job. It may not work but it'd be a damn sight more fun than it is now.

Just write them a letter telling them you don't intend to renew your ticket, and that you will be canceling your direct debit. Ask them to contact you immediately if there are any issues with this, and if you do get any shit off them either stand your ground or go to a solicitor. Give them a date by which you require a written response - say 2 weeks - and if you don't hear from them by then, you'll consider the matter closed.

At the end of the day, you've paid for the games that you've been to, you're not trying to get anything for free. I'm sure the contract is unenforceable from their side anyway - they can't make you continue to buy a ticket for ten years.

Edited by Gemmill

I would imagine Keegan is a busted flush at this stage like - he's 63 and would be in football now if he really wanted to be. People living in the past wanting him back - it's getting on for 20 years now! Shearer is an uninspiring ringpiece too.

Edited by Gemmill

I would imagine Keegan is a busted flush at this stage like - he's 63 and would be in football now if he really wanted to be. People living in the past wanting him back - it's getting on for 20 years now! Shearer is an uninspiring ringpiece too.

:lol:

Even now Keegan would wipe the fucking floor with Pardew, man!

Anyway, pointless debate, we're stuck with Jabba the cunt and any sap desperate enough to work for him.