Mehdi Abeid

EverGreen

Hello Magpies!!!

Mehdi Abeid just helped Panathinaikos win the Greek Cup (well he gave away a silly penaty in the Final but we still beat PAOK Salonica 4-1! :)

Here's a video- dedication I made for Mehdi which I would like to share with you.

Feel free to ask any questions in regards to Mehdi!!

Greetings from Gate 13!!!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think he's good enough to play in the premier league?

is he better than dan gosling?

Well, If we assume that the Greek Football Superleague is of Championship quality bar a couple teams (Olympiakos, PAOK) + Atromitos and Asteras Tripolis who are half decent then according to how he's progressed as the season has gone I would say he needs another season at Panathinaikos under the tutelage of our excellent coach Yannis Anastasiou. We will play depending on the outcome of the Greek playoffs in either the Champions League qualifiers or in the Group stages of the Europa Cup.

I think Mehdi needs to be tested at international level before I can say he will be able to hack the VERY demanding Premiership for a club that has European aspirations, like NFC.

I've never seen Dan Gosling play so I can't comment if Mehdi is better or not.

Edited by EverGreen

looks like the copyright people have removed the video :(

seems to have done well for you though, scored 7 in the league in less than 30games, better than any of our lot :lol:

What idiots..I've composed the video from videos I've taken from youtube!!!

Anyway, fear not pet!!! I will upload the video in vimeo in private with the password being "mehdi".

Patience! :)

Can he pass a ball more than 5 yards without falling over? He is better than Dan fucking Gosling if he can.

Now, in all seriousness Darren Ambrose mustered 6 goals in 11 games in the Greek Superleague this season and I wouldn't consider him a Premier League standard player. Have you seen much of Ambrose? How highly would you rate him? How does he compare to Abeid? Would you say that you've over-rated the quality of your league?

Can he pass a ball more than 5 yards without falling over? He is better than Dan fucking Gosling if he can.

Now, in all seriousness Darren Ambrose mustered 6 goals in 11 games in the Greek Superleague this season and I wouldn't consider him a Premier League standard player. Have you seen much of Ambrose? How highly would you rate him? How does he compare to Abeid? Would you say that you've over-rated the quality of your league?

Well maybe and maybe not. Let's not forget it's the same league that Kecpaia and Dabizas came from.

Anyway, in regards to Mehdi, he copped a lot of stick in the begining of the season for ball-hogging, being caught in possesion and not squaring when he should have. He got benched for that and came back stronger.

Overall, he's very good tactically and he has good positioning in the opposition goal mouth. His main position has being either as defensive midfield or playmaker (The point of the 4-3-3 system). He's strong on the ball but lacks pace. He also has a tendancy to give away silly fouls.

Darrem Ambrose is a Championship striker who's happened to be unlucky in his career with injuries. He did well for Laurie Sanchez' Apollo Athens only to be outdone by match-fixing in the League.

A fairish comparisment of the qualiy of the teams in the Greek League (Oympiakos, PAOK, Panathinaikos could stand in the Premiership, another 3-4 teams in the Championship and the rest would probably be League 1 teams)

Edited by EverGreen

Nice of you to post, evergreen and give us your opinion on Abeid and congratulations on winning the cup!

Don't know who this 'NFC' is you talk about though as they call us Newcastle United FC. :good:

Nice of you to post, evergreen and give us your opinion on Abeid and congratulations on winning the cup!

Don't know who this 'NFC' is you talk about though as they call us Newcastle United FC. :good:

My bad typo! NUFC, ofcourse.

Cheers Evergreen, A lot of those goals seemed to benefit from some bad defending. Is that the case, or is Mehdi quite mobile and therefore harder to pick up?

Cheers Evergreen, A lot of those goals seemed to benefit from some bad defending. Is that the case, or is Mehdi quite mobile and therefore harder to pick up?

Well it's probably a combination of both but he's very good at following the play and positioning himself in the right areas. He can basically sniff out goal situations.

I'd have him back. Good cover for the first team. Probably better for him if he's sold though so he can keep playing more games and stay the fuck away from Pardouche.

• 5 months later...

How has it took this lad so long to get a game? Three years!

Looks strong, quick, commitment, intelligent on the ball. Come on lad.

Just another one who has not been given a chance to cement a spot. Hopefully now that he's got a look in he can do enough to stay in the side because I've wanted to see him get a decent go for awhile.

You have to wonder why the fuck he hasn't had a chance before now on yesterday's evidence

Couldn't it be that yesterday is the product of his loan spells?