Mehdi Abeid

EverGreen

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pardew played him at Anfield a couple of years ago and he looked lost. Two loans later he's ready, but Pardews reverted to the 433 that got him 5th place only for a fortnight out if the last 2 seasons. He's played Abeid in cup games that he's been instructed to get beaten and we shouldn't lose sight of that. Obertan couldn't find a club in the summer after Pardew told him to find one, yet we're now told rehabilitating him is a Pardew master stroke. That sounds suspiciously like the praise he got for "sorting out Ben Arfa".....how did that turn out again?...

This seasons plan a was Siem de Jong playing in Cisse, it's taken Pardew four months since de Jong's injury to stumble across a plan b that might save us from relegation. Pardew has made some decent substitutions in the last fortnight but that's it for me.

Then why has he waited this long to play him?

Because in front of him was Cheik Tiote and Vurnon Anita.

Injuries and loss of faith have provided Abeid with his opportunity, rather than Pardw cannily spotting Abeid's readiness for the 1st team, he was forced into it & then Abeid grabbed that opportunity with both hands.

Because in front of him was Cheik Tiote and Vurnon Anita.

Injuries and loss of faith have provided Abeid with his opportunity, rather than Pardw cannily spotting Abeid's readiness for the 1st team, he was forced into it & then Abeid grabbed that opportunity with both hands.

Agree he should've played Abeid much sooner, Colback should've been rotated with this strong modern young footballer. Instead Colback has been playing every game, and I don't even what he is trying to do out there...

Pardew played him at Anfield a couple of years ago and he looked lost. Two loans later he's ready, but Pardews reverted to the 433 that got him 5th place only for a fortnight out if the last 2 seasons. He's played Abeid in cup games that he's been instructed to get beaten and we shouldn't lose sight of that. Obertan couldn't find a club in the summer after Pardew told him to find one, yet we're now told rehabilitating him is a Pardew master stroke. That sounds suspiciously like the praise he got for "sorting out Ben Arfa".....how did that turn out again?...

This seasons plan a was Siem de Jong playing in Cisse, it's taken Pardew four months since de Jong's injury to stumble across a plan b that might save us from relegation. Pardew has made some decent substitutions in the last fortnight but that's it for me.

That was Vukic that played at Anfield.

Spot on

Abeid's looked good these past two games against two of last seasons top four. I must admit that I'd written him off as he never seemed to do much at all in the few chances that he has had previously but obviously going to Greece on loan has been a really good move for him. I don't really think he was ever loaned out with the expectation that he would come back and be able to make a name for himself here though. For me it was an attempt to put him in the shop window to sell him. Those plans were obviously scuppered by the lack of money available in Greece so we've been left with him. Fair play to him for getting his head down and playing himself into contention though. He looks more suitable to play here than Anita does if I'm honest.

But it's certainly no master stroke by Pardew any more than bringing Taylor, Obertan and Sammy back into the team has been. Had it not been for injuries there's a fair chance none of them would have played in the league this season.

He's looked solid, with lots of energy and a good reading of the game. But is there any more to his game than that? I've heard he's good at set pieces but havent really seen much of him apart from Saturday.

7 goals in 28 from midfield where he wasn't an out & out attacking player is pretty good. Yes it's Greece, but still 1 in 4 from midfield isn't bad (5 assists too).

They're pretty good numbers for someone who, like you say, isn't bombing forward at every opportunity. The biggest test though for me will come when, if given the opportunity, that mackem cunt declares him to be 'shit'. The mark of a good player around the club these days.

They're pretty good numbers for someone who, like you say, isn't bombing forward at every opportunity. The biggest test though for me will come when, if given the opportunity, that mackem cunt declares him to be 'shit'. The mark of a good player around the club these days.

:lol: being declared "shit" has become a hallmark of quality

Edited by Kitman