Mehdi Abeid

EverGreen

Can't help but think Bigirimana is another one whose development has been stifled.

Definitely, he looked impressive at first glance, but more importantly he came with a reputation for being an old head on young shoulders, so it's not even like his attitude off the pitch has stymied his progress, surely?

Similar to Vuckic, but perhaps his issue is the injuries he's been plagued with?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vuckic is no surprise, since his injuries he's just never looked up to the job when he's been given a chance. He has a good left foot but he always looks like he wants too long on the ball.

Bigi is just baffling. He played a good few games his first season and showed some genuine potential especially when you consider he was playing in a team that was struggling. I can only assume that there has been something gone on behind the scenes to drop him so far back.

Had another good game after a slow start. Think he has more potential and he can develop his game even more this season. I like his awareness, gets his head up and has a decent touch. Seems like a nice lad, very pleased for him.

I wouldn't put tiote back in, Pardews stumbled on a winning team and any changes would be daft. Looks like santon, tiote, gouffran, cisse and willo can warm the bench, which is a good position to be in imo. I can't believe I'm saying this but Dummett deserves a run in the team, some good play in the last few games.

Surprised more people aren't putting the spotlight on Sammy, I think he's looking hard to handle and has some nice tricks up his sleeve.

Edited by scoobos

Yeah, Abeid's looked tidy, clever and committed in the centre. I'd keep him in, at least until Tiote is fully match fit. Good options in the centre with Abeid, Colback, Sissoko, Anita and Tiote all vying for 2 or 3 positions.

Disagree with you about Sammy though. He gave the ball away cheaply quite a lot today, He unnerves the full back, but there isn't enough end product regardless of whether he has time on the ball or not. With Cabella, I'm convinced there' quality there if he can just adjust to the pace of the Premier League.

Heh, I swear we're destined to have opposing views on some stuff. I thought Sammy did alright today I really did, it's his drive and enthusiasm, I reckon it gees on other players. After months of a team of water carriers we have someone who will run at the defence and look for interplay, but yes today he wasnt quite as strong.

Totally agree with Cabella though, I remember hating Cabaye after his falling over, throwing his gloves off etc, but he soon hardened up, from the videos on the web Cabella seems to need players looking for quick passes and interplay again, shame him and Sammy have been on opposite flanks.

Oh, happy to see sissoko get the armband when colo went off too

Another solid game from Abeid. Defensively he's making the absence of Tiote pretty well unnoticeable. He's got a shitload more about him going forward too.

He seems to forget about getting unnecessary yellow cards, though. He will never truly replace Tiote

I think we've got our Tiote replacement tied up nicely here, wouldn't really mind seeing him as first choice, in fact I would be angered if not. I know we haven't seen Abeid much but he's given a solid first impression, I just feel I can trust him in that role, and I never felt that kind of trust with Tiote.