Newcastle United Vs Cardiff City

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think it would make our entire support look like wankers and we'd be the laughing stock for years to come.

That's the spirit young 'un sit there say nowt and the bad men will just go away.

We'll probably end up somehow, winning this 4-0 (Cardiff may actually be worse than us), weakening the protests in the process.

Partly why the protest idea is a bit daft - if we're winning most will stay, if we're drawing I imagine most, even those that were up for it initially, will be caught up in the excitement (as daft as that sounds) and stay to see if there's a winner, and if we're losing it will just be interpreted as a 1000, maybe 2000 if it's by a couple of goals, not that arsed fans out of 50k leaving an end of season nothing game early.

Cardiff takes this easily. They are heavily pressurized and need the win, decent manager, decent players who have heart to battle to the very end. The way we lost last time, I don't see us even taking a point against this lot.

Alan Pardew – press conference today

You either have targets or you don’t have targets, and after all we know that bonuses are paid out – so they must be based on something.

And the news is coming through that Pardew has Ben Arfa training with the Development squad - so there’s definitely a rift, and probably a big rift that seems to have developed between former star player Ben Arfa and the manager – and that’s never good for either party.

And it cannot be doing Ben Arfa’s confidence or mood any good, to be banished to training with the Reserves – and as we said – that’s not good.

This is some of what Alan said in his press conference today:

“I wasn’t set any targets for this season and the only targets are those that we set ourselves.” “Saturday is very important, we have to put in a performance that gets the stadium on our side and gets us a win.”

The good news is there are no new injury problems, and we just have to hope that a mini-miracle happens on Saturday afternoon, and that we can beat the rock bottom team Cardiff City at home, and in front of over 50,000 fans.

Is that asking too much?

That would be very good and would certainly help to lift the morale of the Newcastle fans, although not by too much.

That’s because after the very poor performances this year, a massive rebuilding is required in the summer transfer window, if we are to have a decent side next season.

And the very last thing we want to have is another relegation fight next season.

Cardiff takes this easily. They are heavily pressurized and need the win, decent manager, decent players who have heart to battle to the very end. The way we lost last time, I don't see us even taking a point against this lot.

You're being kind to Cardiff here. The major difference though is that they do have something to play for.

They're not exactly Liverpool.

You're being kind to Cardiff here. The major difference though is that they do have something to play for.

They're not exactly Liverpool.

:lol: Aye they're fucking shite man, the fact that it is even up for debate who will win this one shows how useless Cardiff are.

Alan Pardew has vowed to apologise to Newcastle United fans after the game against Cardiff City.

The under-fire Toon boss is eager to sign off the home campaign with a victory against the relegation-haunted Welsh side.

But he feels that three points will ease the pressure on the club going into what needs to be a busy summer in terms of recruitment.

Pardew said ahead of the big clash: “I want a nice result and be able to look fans in the eye and say ‘Sorry about the last seven games, we haven’t been good enough but I’m glad I won here today’.

“That’s all I want to do. I don’t want to say ‘There’s a win I’m OK now’.

“It’s not about that, it’s about us winning a football match and giving ourselves some creditability and pride before we go to what we know is a tough game at Liverpool.”

But Pardew insisted that he will stay strong no matter what happens at St James’ Park .

The United manager has endured fan protests during the last two away defeats at Arsenal and Stoke City.

However, in the last home game against Swansea City – which Newcastle also lost – the crowd stayed with the team.

Regardless of what atmosphere unfolds at St James’, Pardew is ready to face the music.

He said: “It’s a job you have to be really strong with.

“I know on Saturday the criticism is very much focused on me this time around.

“I have to accept that. I am not going to hide from it.

“And I am not going to hide on the sideline.

“Some might ridicule me, some might be very angry, but I am doing my job.

“I have to show the players that they have to be big enough because they’ve got to play.

“I know this club that this is more important than me, Mike (Ashley), Hatem (Ben Arfa) and Loic Remy.

“We need to show that. We need to show that we are bigger than all of these names.

“We need to get the win for us all to go on holiday in the summer and be able to say to a Newcastle fan: ‘All right mate, how you doing?’”

United manager Pardew is likely to leave Ben Arfa out of his line-up after the player held his own Press conference this week and breached club rules.

The Frenchman has been training with the reserves and faces an uncertain summer with one year left on his contract.

Ben Arfa is also able to buy himself out of his agreement under FIFA rules.

"All right mate how you doing"