#60minwalkout

Happy Face

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect a lot stayed because they were enjoying the panto.

Only 3 of us out of the 7 I go with left.

The other 4 all understood our reasons and couldn't argue the logic of why they should go too... but couldn't get over that psychological barrier of "support the team not the regime".

What? :lol:

You expect to be taken seriously? Come on CT, no ones going to agree with you, particularly because you weren't even there, and that's just how you like it. Agreed?

Make your mind up ffs :lol:

You've just said your not disputing the numbers which is basically all I've mentioned.

Only 3 of us out of the 7 I go with left.

The other 4 all understood our reasons and couldn't argue the logic of why they should go too... but couldn't get over that psychological barrier of "support the team not the regime".

A very tough nut to crack that one.

I would have been torn between an early pint or relentlessly booing Pardew.

Make your mind up ffs :lol:

You've just said your not disputing the numbers which is basically all I've mentioned.

My mind is made up. My mind says its pretty difficult to comment with authority on a game you didn't attend. And thats all I've said too.

My mind is made up. My mind says its pretty difficult to comment with authority on a game you didn't attend. And thats all I've said too.

So if you miss the match and Caulkin and co tell you the score was 3-0........

Mad :lol:

100% of the stadium wouldn't leave would they? I mean the Cardiff fans weren't gonna join in were they?

People who had bought their family tickets for the one game weren't going to throw the money down the drain.

I have no idea how many left because I was one of the first out.

100% of the stadium wouldn't leave would they? I mean the Cardiff fans weren't gonna join in were they?

People who had bought their family tickets for the one game weren't going to throw the money down the drain.

What's your opinion on next season. Do you think the verbal abuse against Pardew should continue in the first home game.

Me & Ketsbaia landed in the pub almost instantaneously after the first walk out but there was probably 600-700 stood outside the Gallowgate corner with loads walking past. It was a constant stream from then on - obviously including the lads who left at 69.

So we just watched out the pub window at everyone walking past but there was easily 4000 + & with the atmosphere it created it certainly wasn't a "damp squib" especially as it gathered media attention all around the world.

The strawberry corner was roaring & the atmosphere was class. A good start whichever way you look at it.

We don't need to listen to the reports of what people thought it was, we can do a count...

Not very scientific, but the best way is to take a photo from the game after the walkout and count the heads and empty spaces.

This one was the best I could find, it even includes a clock...after the walkout, before the early walkers go for their bus.

qr1cm9.jpg

Red dots are heads, black ones where there should be a head.

Count is..

99 Red

27 black

So over 20%

That's 10,000 either didn't turn up in the first place or left on 69 minutes.

A massive success in anyone's book.

outstanding if it was anywhere near 20%. I thought 10% was a result.

and obvious to anyone sensible that the press picking up on it was the whole point.

What's your opinion on next season. Do you think the verbal abuse against Pardew should continue in the first home game.

That's the thing isn't it Pardew will still be here he's going to be chosing the replacements. What kind of quality player will be wanting to come and play under him. I think we'll get a few loanies and a couple of one season mercenaries. I can see us having a financially worthless team if the likes of Ben Arfa, Krul & Debuchy get away. We know Remy's away and probably De Jong who's hardly set the place on fire (but they're not ours anyway) with Shola's & Gosling's contracts up & Steven Taylor likely to be moved on. There's not much left when you break it down like that what was it Mike's mate said about "1 or 2 signings per year" we're going to need about 10 players just to match this squad. Colo said something about "8th" next season unless Ashley's told him he's willing to spend the tv money in the summer I can see it being a bloody awful season and would presume the protests will escalate.

There are more talks going on right now to solve the crisis in Ukraine than there is between a group of football fans and the club they follow.

It’s just daft. For lack of a better word.

It's not really.