#60minwalkout

Happy Face

Surely its classification as a failure depends entirely on what was expected prior to it happening? I don't think anyone was expecting anything more than what happened tbh, a few thousand left and the media got hold of it, a good start by any measure (other than CTs).

Have a read of the first few pages, people were hoping for 20,000

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What impresses me CT is the blind faith you consistently have in the newspapers. Do you believe everything you read in the local press, from protest statistics to transfer rumours?

The 20,000 was only used as a discussion point in the leaving early/not turning up altogether debate. Ant's post on the first page is one of the only actual estimates and he said he'd be shocked if 1,000 did it, so by that 2,000-3,000 isn't bad at all.

If the protest achieved its objectives, namely to highlight the fans anger at the regimes running of the club, the surely it was a success regardless of the actual number that walked out?

There's a few things we can reasonably expect of a manager: that he's able to motivate the team to compete, and prevent a slide into relegation form; and also, that he doesn't disgrace himself and the team in public, whether it be through headbutts, lies to the fans, or his single-minded destruction of the English language. Pardew fails on all counts.

You'd struggle to think of a worse leader and spokesperson for the club, if it weren't for the existence of Joe Kinnear. In his press conferences he frequently writes games off, and his defeatism has found its way onto the pitch, as we've seen in the run of unacceptable performances and defeats. The sale of one key player does not absolve Pardew of responsibility for our relegation form.

1196.gif

Edited by trophyshy

If the protest achieved its objectives, namely to highlight the fans anger at the regimes running of the club, the surely it was a success regardless of the actual number that walked out?

Agreed, if you go back and read the first few pages like CT told people to do thinking it would highlight his point it's clear most (if not all) thought there'd be a few hundred walk out and most not know about it. In actual fact there were a few thousand walked out, the whole stadium booming with anti-Pardew and anti-Ashley chants as well as international coverage of "Newcastle fans engaging in an organized walk out" numbers weren't mentioned much and the media wasn't calling it embarrassing or a failure, by the original feeling towards it and what it ended up being it's a success.

Of course if people HAD been expecting 20,000 and international media coverage (which no one did) and there was only a few thousand walk out, then that would be seen as a failure.

Even if 2000-3000 walked out its a success considering what was being asked. And then there's something that someone who was at the game pointed out, that even those who stayed made their feelings towards the regime clear. The media picked up on it, the message has been given. Mission accomplished as far as Im concerned.

If things dont get better next season, these numbers and the hostility in the stadium will grow very quickly. Pardew's days will be numbered.

If we can get a better manager great.

You agree with EVERYONE then :lol:

Christmas Tree , on 07 May 2014 - 8:05 PM, said:

1. Pardew had a drunken Kinnear appointed over his head at the start of the season. - Because he almost got us relegated last year

2. Pardew wasnt given the reinforcements he asked for. This is an assumption. He has dedicated wins to the man responsible for supplying them so what reasoin do you have to think he's not got all he's asked for?

3. Pardew had to start the season with the clubs best player on strike. The player we no longer have, so if he can't live without him, then he can't do the job.

4. Pardew has had to work with so called purple players who are seriously out of form (Cisse, Hatem etc) - Bad form...for 2 seasons...Because he's fucked them

5. Pardew has had to work with a captain who was trying to leave and whose head was fucked. He's staying though, so again, Pardew's fucked if he's incapable of motivating the lad eh?

No they weren't :lol: though if thats how you read it then you might as well stop because you are not up to this debate.

Thought it was a massive success by the standards of our recent so-called protests i.e. coffin march, feeble (and quite possibly self-serving) dissent from NUST, etc. This was a protest that actually happened, that fans supported even if they did not walk out themselves, that coincided with the fiercest dissent from home fans in years and with complimentary coverage from local and national press.

The message has been sent, not by patchy groups of our fans, but by all of them (barring the contrary cunt on here who would argue up was down if the majority gave the opposite opinion.) Pretty sure Pardew got the message loud and clear. Ashley did as well - what he's going to do about it remains the question. I'd say probably nothing, which would then prompt some to question what the point of protesting is if it's unlikely to change anything. I don't know, but it's better than paying good money to see the utter garbage we've been served up this season, and the idea of our fans getting organised against him might actually cause the fat one a little distress, if he starts thinking about ST renewals. We'll wait and see.

Being a new poster this thread is completely lost on me... I don't get the angle CT is coming from or what he is actually trying to prove.

Dont worry, you could be here ten years and still not get that. :aye:

He's just contrary all the time, he goes from Pardew for England to how he never rated him etc.

Whatever is opposite to the majority hell be there

The Pardew for England thing was a joke, he posted a winky face one time that he said it which was his get out clause for later.

Being a new poster this thread is completely lost on me... I don't get the angle CT is coming from or what he is actually trying to prove.

Whatever the most popular opinion is on this board, CT will always go against it, no matter what it is and even if he was defending that same opinion only a few month before that.

Whatever the most popular opinion is on this board, CT will always go against it, no matter what it is and even if he was defending that same opinion only a few month before that.

aye, they broke the mould with CT :lol:

I have been harbouring a suspicion, the truth of which I'm now utterly convinced about, that CT is actually his dotty Owld Mam, slowly descending into madness as she pretends to be the rotund,ginger disappointment that she spawned- a kind of reverse Norman Bates.

Once you accept that he/she is a doddery old bat, everything-the contrariness, the working class Toryism ,the inability to grasp simple concepts, the fascination with crap food, makes perfect sense.

:lol:

This is what it looks like in CT's head about every single topic, he's of all three opinions (even the impartial bloke):