#60minwalkout

Happy Face

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a new poster this thread is completely lost on me... I don't get the angle CT is coming from or what he is actually trying to prove.

I'm not sure what is so complicated. I'll explain again and perhaps you could tell me which bit you don't understand.

NUST call for all fans to walk on 69 minutes. In the end, the vast majority 90% to 95% ignored that request.

A poster who was away asked how it went.

In my opinion if you as for all fans to leave and such a big majority ignore that request then it's not great.

I'm not sure what is so complicated. I'll explain again and perhaps you could tell me which bit you don't understand.

NUST call for all fans to walk on 69 minutes. In the end, the vast majority 90% to 95% ignored that request.

In my opinion if you as for all fans to leave and such a big majority ignore that request then it's not great.

Because you're looking at it as a single action, and not the start of what it could lead to. That is why you see it as a "damp squib" and others see it as a success

Because you're looking at it as a single action, and not the start of what it could lead to. That is why you see it as a "damp squib" and others see it as a success

The question was how the walk out went, not whether it may lead to something.

It did go well compared to what people thought would happen, as the posts on the previous few pages point out. Compared to the entire crowd walking out yes it was a failure, compared to half the crowd walking out, yes it was a failure but who was saying any of that would happen? That's like winning a high jumping competition in your county then having a bloke come up to you and say, "well that was a failure, I mean if you look at how high those Olympic athletes are jumping you're nowhere near them". It was far bigger than what anyone thought it would be, of course they asked for the whole stadium to walk out, they were hardly going to say "we hope to have 2-3,000 walk out" but I'm sure the people that come up with the idea have been pleased with the result.

Its the CT mindset, its why his new hobbies never stick or live up to his expectations, nothing can.

Calling for 100% of people to do something does not mean that 100% are expected to do it by the caller, look at voter turnout for instance. 100% of registered voters in this country turning out to vote has never happened postwar, should the elections be labelled damp squibs and the results ignored? Of course fucking not, that is how the world works.

Erm. Yeah. Cheers for clearing that up... What I don't understand is how you dismiss everyone else's reply by bringing up the same reply each time. Then chose to ignore the replies that completely defeat what you say. Just something I have noticed reading here the past few weeks/days.

Erm. Yeah. Cheers for clearing that up... What I don't understand is how you dismiss everyone else's reply by bringing up the same reply each time. Then chose to ignore the replies that completely defeat what you say. Just something I have noticed reading here the past few weeks/days.

Because I'm quoting a factual statement, others are quoting after the event feel good remarks.

Surely you understand the original facts I quoted and have reported are sound?

95%!!!!

Because I'm quoting a factual statement, others are quoting after the event feel good remarks.

Surely you understand the original facts I quoted and have reported are sound?

Show me one of these facts that you have quoted.