#60minwalkout

Happy Face

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went v the mackems and on boxing day. That was it. Went to a fair few aways, last one was Southampton. Cant see me going to many next season if Pardew is still in charge...but this is early May, and come early August I may well be feeling different, because I'm as fickle as fuck :D

I can't imagine anyone renewing in order to continue their protests. So I think come day 1 next season, it'll probably be as it was for most of this season.

As had been said, it's a shame this didn't all happen 10 games ago which would have allowed the pressure to really build. There'll be a feeling of "well that's that over with" from Pardew and Ashley this morning, I imagine.

Stan Collywobble thinks we have 'delusions of grandeur'. Thinks Pardew is a cushty manager and seems to think yesterday was all about our manager. Words fail me. :jesuswept:

Should stick to dogging and drilling holes in his bedroom ceiling so he can watch his mates cop off with their lasses, the dirty Brummie perv. Reckon it was him wearing the owl mask in that dogging documentary too.

6405dfe55081b93a5baff2c1241881e5d0699919

Perspective from someone watching from Australia here;

Watched the game with keen interest purely for this 60-69. The frenzy prior to the first walkout by the crowd was very audible as opposed to the eery quiet from the crowd in the first half. It was very noticable and the commentators alluded to it. Anti Pardew and Ashley chants were very noticeable and frankly quite clear for all to hear. Cameras panned to the banners around the ground, unfortunately for the most part when they did they weren't unfulred properly, but at least there were no spelling errors on any of them. Unfortunately it looked as though people were heading to the toilet for the first walkout, but the 69th minute walkout drew quite a serious alert to and response.

Not sure Ashley would even bat an eyelid to it, I suspect not, but at least it has gained attention to the broader media (outside of Newcastle).

I'd probably say both walkouts were about even judging by the footage & crowds walking out afterwards - I was in a pub 100 metres from the ground so it was a constant flow.

I suppose they may have missed the first wave as the NUST hijacked the protest & changed the time. Idiots.

Definitely diluted the the effect it had tbh. Maybe didn't change the numbers who left, but combining those who left at 60 and those who left at 69 would have made a bigger visual statement.

Really can't see past it being an ego thing. They could take the credit for 69 (all the media coverage etc) that they couldn't for 60, as 60 already existed and they'd have been heavily criticised for hijacking that number and making it out to be their idea.

True Faith editor claiming it wouldn't have happened to the extent it did without nust press release on.the Friday. Probably true, but he's spent a lot of time defending nust, tf and the mag this morning against the ego accusation. Sounds like a nerve has been touched. See also the failure of nust in general to be a uniting force for nufc supporters. Too many egos.

True Faith editor claiming it wouldn't have happened to the extent it did without nust press release on.the Friday. Probably true, but he's spent a lot of time defending nust, tf and the mag this morning against the ego accusation. Sounds like a nerve has been touched. See also the failure of nust in general to be a uniting force for nufc supporters. Too many egos.

All together now......

If only they'd opened a pub ;)