#60minwalkout

Happy Face

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't need to listen to the reports of what people thought it was, we can do a count...

Not very scientific, but the best way is to take a photo from the game after the walkout and count the heads and empty spaces.

This one was the best I could find, it even includes a clock...after the walkout, before the early walkers go for their bus.

qr1cm9.jpg

Red dots are heads, black ones where there should be a head.

Count is..

99 Red

27 black

So over 20%

That's 10,000 either didn't turn up in the first place or left on 69 minutes.

A massive success in anyone's book.

CT pretending this post didn't happen :lol:

The walkout can be considered a success by the following measures:

1. It actually happened, and a significant number of fans participated.

2. It attracted some media attention.

Now the screw is turning, there are more journalists taking a less sympathetic line towards Pardew's failings, and the anti-Pard factions will be encouraged by the knowledge that many fans will take an active part in protests. The scale of protests is likely to grow, should they continue.

I think CT hides the fact that he is too obese to take part in a protest that involves walking by maintaining that Pardew is a capable manager, in the face of a great mass of evidence to the contrary. CT would be more effective in a violent protest where he can be used as a human wrecking ball in this sort of fashion

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wi-UOV0HKbY

From watching on a stream it looked like more left at #69 but it doesn't matter it was a great reaction. The only problem is it's come to late to carry the momentum this season. But having said that I would expect this to carry on from the first game of the new season if Pardew's still here regardless of the signings. Because even if we do get some decent players (a long shot I know) Pardew will have them ruined before Xmas.

Now the screw is turning, there are more journalists taking a less sympathetic line towards Pardew's failings, and the anti-Pard factions will be encouraged by the knowledge that many fans will take an active part in protests. The scale of protests is likely to grow, should they continue.

I think CT hides the fact that he is too obese to take part in a protest that involves walking by maintaining that Pardew is a capable manager, in the face of a great mass of evidence to the contrary. CT would be more effective in a violent protest where he can be used as a human wrecking ball in this sort of fashion

:D

CT pretending this post didn't happen :lol:

CT Gave up tbf :lol:

Simple mathmatics cant really be disputed no matter how much of a good time the walkers had or whether HF plays spot the fan on a chosen section of the ground. The guy from the chronicle reckoned 1000 walked.

The bottom line is 95% stayed put. :lol:

If you ask 100 of your mates to your wedding and only 5 turn up, its a damp squib. :lol:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wi-UOV0HKbY

:lol: Dear me, lets ignore the fact that I wanted Pardew gone when the majority of you wanted him to stay. ;)

My view hasnt changed. If we can get a better manager great.

But what I find amusing is the double standards or lack of intelligence shown by some.

1. Pardew had a drunken Kinnear appointed over his head at the start of the season.

2. Pardew wasnt given the reinforcements he asked for.

3. Pardew had to start the season with the clubs best player on strike.

4. Pardew has had to work with so called purple players who are seriously out of form (Cisse, Hatem etc)

5. Pardew has had to work with a captain who was trying to leave and whose head was fucked.

Thats just off the top of my head. :lol:

Given all that he still somehow had us 6 points off first placed liverpool after 18 games. (18). We were in and around the champions league spots.

He then has his best player sold.

Sure, that doesnt excuse everything else about Pardew but a bit of common sense would be nice to see rather than just the shouts of the pitchfork mob.

Why are you such a fucking wanker? The glee with which you report the fact that the walkout was a failure - whether it was or wasn't it's such a weird thing for someone that purports to support the club to actually derive pleasure from.

Why are you such a fucking wanker? The glee with which you report the fact that the walkout was a failure - whether it was or wasn't it's such a weird thing for someone that purports to support the club to actually derive pleasure from.

Glee :lol: you tit.

CT Gave up tbf :lol:

Simple mathmatics cant really be disputed no matter how much of a good time the walkers had or whether HF plays spot the fan on a chosen section of the ground. The guy from the chronicle reckoned 1000 walked.

The bottom line is 95% stayed put. :lol:

If you ask 100 of your mates to your wedding and only 5 turn up, its a damp squib. :lol:

So 5% of our crowd equals 1000? :unsure:

You've been slagging off people going to the match for the last 5 years man. :lol:

You're "look at me, I dont give a fuck anymore" attitude is legendary.

Let's assume that that's true. What's the relevance to what we're currently talking about, you thick cretin.

Let's assume that that's true. What's the relevance to what we're currently talking about, you thick cretin.

One of us showing glee at fellow fans, one of us not.

My whole point from the start of this is that IMO if you call for a mass walk out and 95% stay put then thats a damp squib.

Thats not glee, thats statistics.

Arnt you a bean counter.

Surely its classification as a failure depends entirely on what was expected prior to it happening? I don't think anyone was expecting anything more than what happened tbh, a few thousand left and the media got hold of it, a good start by any measure (other than CTs).

There's a few things we can reasonably expect of a manager: that he's able to motivate the team to compete, and prevent a slide into relegation form; and also, that he doesn't disgrace himself and the team in public, whether it be through headbutts, lies to the fans, or his single-minded destruction of the English language. Pardew fails on all counts. You'd struggle to think of a worse leader and spokesperson for the club, if it weren't for the existence of Joe Kinnear. In his press conferences he frequently writes games off, and his defeatism has found its way onto the pitch, as we've seen in the run of unacceptable performances and defeats. The sale of one key player does not absolve Pardew of responsibility for our relegation form.