Keegan 30/04/14

trooper

Last night Kevin Keegan was at Hedworth Hall for a football talk-in sounds like the evening was a fairly casual affair from what ive been reading over on NO. Apparently there were questions from the crowd "and the last one was in the middle of the sentence and got to Kevin if we got new owners..... To which Keegan interupted the answer is yes"

Look's like he'd be up for it what do you think ? I'd love it got to get rid of these clowns first to stand a chance. (He's back up here again next week on 9th May at the Lancastrian suite).

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'd be a bit hypocritical of him to accept that role, wouldn't it? :dunno:

Not really, his complaint was that he wasn't told of the plans to bring in a DoF and how Wise encroached on his role.

It's what the club needs, the fans, the ground, the city would be buzzing if he came back. The word needs spreading now Keegan's interested under new ownership. Also to those that say he's probably to old, you don't think he'd take anything on if he knew he couldn't give 100% do you ?

Nah, I'm not against him coming back, but he's been out of the game too long. It's changed so much and while the passion may come back, he'd bring the passion back in any role. Hell, I'd have him as the figurehead for a bid from "A consortium of local businessmen".

Nah, I'm not against him coming back, but he's been out of the game too long. It's changed so much and while the passion may come back, he'd bring the passion back in any role. Hell, I'd have him as the figurehead for a bid from "A consortium of local businessmen".

It's never going to happen but if it was then he'd need a brand new coaching team with him. Terry Mac doesn't cut it in modern day professional football.

It's never going to happen but if it was then he'd need a brand new coaching team with him. Terry Mac doesn't cut it in modern day professional football.

Those bets cones don't put themselves on out y'know

Let sleeping dogs lie for che

Keegan's interest has absolutely no bearing on Ashley's ability to find a buyer unfortunately. Which means this will never happen.

Which renders this thread an absolute waste of time.

Chill out man. To be fair, you're talking about this as if spreading the news will make a difference. It won't, you'll just have more people thinking how nice it would be.

It is what it is take it for what it's worth to some people it probably means nothing. To me it showed that Keegan would come back here under different ownership in a heartbeat it seems like he didn't have to think about it. He could have side stepped the question but he didn't he gave a straight positive answer, nothing will probably come of it but it brightened my day up a little.

Anything potentially good happening to this club is invariably dependant on the Fat One leaving first.

So there's little point in getting excited about anything before that happens.

Keegan as a figurehead deciding the football policy of the club would be fabulous. Sadly without some folk willing to throw the thick end of 300million at the club just to prise it from Ashleys hands it's highly unlikely to happen.

It is what it is take it for what it's worth to some people it probably means nothing. To me it showed that Keegan would come back here under different ownership in a heartbeat it seems like he didn't have to think about it. He could have side stepped the question but he didn't he gave a straight positive answer, nothing will probably come of it but it brightened my day up a little.

Was that ever in doubt though?