Keegan 30/04/14

trooper

“Don’t ever give up on your club, keep supporting it, its your club and trust me one day you will get your club back and it will be everything you wanted it to be.

“Newcastle United is bigger than anyone. It hurts I know, but just keep going, he is only one man, we are a city, a whole population. Trust me.”

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keegan is far from skint, he just loves getting that tingle in his bollocks from the memories of the heights we scaled at our peak. Also bitter as fuck with the second coming.

Those wankers making excuses for Pardew near the end need to give themselves a shake though.

The difference is that Pardew knew exactly what he was getting into. He's one of them...

One of them, One of them, One of them...

• 4 weeks later...

Was at a dinner in Birmingham yesterday with KK as the speaker. Guy who invited me knew I was a NUFC fan and put me on KKs table. First time I've met him properly so firstly, what a mild mannered, genuine, funny and generally good bloke!

Spoke about all sorts with him and his football talk was excellent. Few things though (from what I can remember) in no real order and not much you havent heard already

- Was pissed off with Tino being so lazy, though brilliant

- Though Rob Lee was his best value signing, Shearer one of the best not just for his scoring, but on the field he would carry out instructions to the T, also highly rated Batty.

- Commented how Ashley, Llambias, Pardew, Kinnear all part of the same gambling circle though didnt go as far to confirm or deny about the Pardew rumour

- Mentioned how in private, Ashley talks to Pardew like a piece of shit

- Had heard that Ashley is going through the process of selling the club and may have interest and will switch his focus to Rangers when done. Not a fact, just what he has heard.

- Would jump back in to the club no bother if the support was there (from the boardroom)

- Argued with John Hall and disagreed but they were always honest, it was the lack of honesty and trust he couldnt live with from the current lot.

- Douglas was the main driver for nufc, more than John Hall, as he wanted to keep pushing to improve and not stop progress made

- Really doesnt like Alex Ferguson or Wenger, only because they are two who never or seldom applaud opposition

- Sold Andy Cole as he was crap in training, the board were scared to come out when KK did to talk to fans and Terry Mac was taking the piss as when KK said "trust me, I wouldnt do this without a plan" TM said "yeah you would" in his ear. (heard that before, funny though). Also jokingly went on to point out how much Andy Cole won after leaving.

- Had to sack budgie for saying Pav was a coward (not coming to punch the ball etc)

-

Must have been quite a night! :thumbup:

That rumour about Ashley selling up is one of the most hopeful things Ive heard in a while!

How refreshing would it be to have genuine, honest fellows at the helm for once.

Edited by aimaad22

Must have been quite a night! :thumbup:

That rumour about Ashley selling up is one of the most hopeful things Ive heard in a while!

How refreshing would it be to have genuine, honest fellows at the helm for once.

That'd be a first ;)

I'd luv to see Keegan back at the club one day, he'd get the best out of the players. I honestly think with Keegan at the club we would attract quality players were at the moment we are getting a 2nd division Spanish kid & a makem reject.

nearly 2000 posts from Trooper and hes still not got a nibble from anyone, mackem twat :D

anyway, am still feeling a bit pissed from last night.... witness my mate Geoff rcounting his hilarious this is your life/younger brother/toilet/"hung like a horse" anecdote to KK @ the Trinity Club in Dorchester last night :good:

10371762_249548095240453_621317019609803

Ah was that where he went? He left us at 4pm in Brum as had to get to his next talk. Was he using his lap top and going through the pictures et ?

Was at a dinner in Birmingham yesterday with KK as the speaker. Guy who invited me knew I was a NUFC fan and put me on KKs table. First time I've met him properly so firstly, what a mild mannered, genuine, funny and generally good bloke!

Spoke about all sorts with him and his football talk was excellent. Few things though (from what I can remember) in no real order and not much you havent heard already

- Was pissed off with Tino being so lazy, though brilliant

- Though Rob Lee was his best value signing, Shearer one of the best not just for his scoring, but on the field he would carry out instructions to the T, also highly rated Batty.

- Commented how Ashley, Llambias, Pardew, Kinnear all part of the same gambling circle though didnt go as far to confirm or deny about the Pardew rumour

- Mentioned how in private, Ashley talks to Pardew like a piece of shit

- Had heard that Ashley is going through the process of selling the club and may have interest and will switch his focus to Rangers when done. Not a fact, just what he has heard.

- Would jump back in to the club no bother if the support was there (from the boardroom)

- Argued with John Hall and disagreed but they were always honest, it was the lack of honesty and trust he couldnt live with from the current lot.

- Douglas was the main driver for nufc, more than John Hall, as he wanted to keep pushing to improve and not stop progress made

- Really doesnt like Alex Ferguson or Wenger, only because they are two who never or seldom applaud opposition

- Sold Andy Cole as he was crap in training, the board were scared to come out when KK did to talk to fans and Terry Mac was taking the piss as when KK said "trust me, I wouldnt do this without a plan" TM said "yeah you would" in his ear. (heard that before, funny though). Also jokingly went on to point out how much Andy Cole won after leaving.

- Had to sack budgie for saying Pav was a coward (not coming to punch the ball etc)

-

I should've tried to go to his talk-in up here. Would love KK to ring one of these daft bastards on the likes of talksport when they try to play down the size/potential of our club.

nearly 2000 posts from Trooper and hes still not got a nibble from anyone, mackem twat :D

anyway, am still feeling a bit pissed from last night.... witness my mate Geoff rcounting his hilarious this is your life/younger brother/toilet/"hung like a horse" anecdote to KK @ the Trinity Club in Dorchester last night :good:

10371762_249548095240453_621317019609803i"

"Dont look now but I think we're being eavesdropped by the late Jocky Wilson on your left, Kev."

;)

Naa..he didnt turn up till 2130 so I expect he didnt have time to set it up...he spoke pretty much off the cuff to 200 people, not what you call a natural at that sort of gig iyam but he was good crack. We suggested if he and Terry Mac put enough money on todays Derby winner he could huy NUFC from Ashley. He laughed at us, not with us :lol:

I don't have a bad word to say about him.I spent many an hour at the training ground in Durham when he was here.A gentleman who gave everyone the time of day who approached him.No moody miserable face when asked for a photo or autograph,the opposite of Tino who was a wanker to the fans.

• 11 months later...

Just heard Keegan on radio 5. He'd be the first name on my list to bring to the club in any capacity if I was rich enough to buy our club back. The presenter obviously asked him first about the most topical and important thing happening today which of course is Stevie Gerrard's last game for Liverpool and the impact Gerrard's had on Liverpool but when they changed tack and asked him about the Toon that's when he comes into his own. Tried to play down Ashley at first but he couldn't help himself, spoke up the club big time (obviously a club minus Ashley), talked about his Dad and Grandad handing down tales of Newcastle United, rattled off Hughie Gallacher stats, goals per game, his height etc. Was spine tingling just hearing him and how an owner should treat the club.

Exactly why I want us to go down today. There is a grim certainty about staying up. At least going down, perversely, opens up the possibility to dream that something might change.

I think we'll stay up though. It's a pretty unique feeling to find that more depressing than relegation.

• 2 weeks later...

I was mega excited for his 2008 return. It ended in a lot of disappointment but I still love the guy. Don't think I'd want to chance it again!

I see where you're coming from but the disappointment in his second stint was down to the owner and the board not him.

I see where you're coming from but the disappointment in his second stint was down to the owner and the board not him.

Undoubtedly.

But you have to wonder whether he'd have been capable of hitting the same heights as first time around, even with a competent chairman backing him. He didn't do brilliantly at Man City despite having a fair bit of cashola to throw around (iirc), and he's been out of the game a while. Even longer if he were ever to return again in the future for us under a different owner.

The romantic in me would like to think he would pick up from where he left off in the mid 90s, but I reckon the game has moved on a bit and his infectious enthusiasm and attacking instinct might not cut it in the modern world of dour football and 4-2-3-1 formations.