Newcastle United 2014

trooper

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Zero fight, apart from when Cabaye wasn't sold to Arsenal. Every teams players are available at the right price when a "richer fish" comes along.

What fucking pleasure is there left in modern football, other than maybe watching a game at a weekend, the "big picture" is dead and it's just a self fulfilling prophesy of the rich getting richer, see today's other news from the FA for further proof (if any was needed) of that.

Everyone hates Ashley, I get that. Pardew has been shown up big time but no amount of demonstration/protest/rebellion short of it drumming up £270 Mill to buy the club is going to change the first bit, and even then the "big picture" is not going to change (absent a Sheik and dodgy sponsorship deals). Turning SJP into a cauldron against Pardew may change the latter, diluting that with the anti regime stuff is counter productive. The FCB is not "getting out of our club" anytime soon.

And knowing this, in fact actually playing a part in it by hanging out the players for sale, we still have no replacements lined up when someone key leaves? Carrol, Ba, Cabaye? Aye fantastic transfer policy :lol:

You can learn to live with, or even be happy with mediocrity. Its just a difference of attitude. For me, this club should be winning things, or at least trying. Im not daft enough to suggest we should be competing with City and Chelsea every year. But look at the likes of Swansea and Wigan have done recently. Birmingham, even the bloody mackems have managed a cup final. Yet we are supposed to sit back and accept we are not in a position to compete with the likes of Southampton? Are we supposed to accept defeat even before the game has started? People bringing about this type of mindset should be shot, let alone booed.

The bit at the start about what a yes man is. :lol: Whoa Bob, let's leave the comedy to somebody else eh.

:lol: I'm impressed he hasn't been asked to make a decision in 26 years, not even a simple "fancy some tea Bob?".

He's admitted he's the type of bloke not to stand up and say when something is wrong, the very definition of what he has said he isn't.

You shoot who you want Aimaad, and feel comfortable knowing that whether he agrees with you or not Bob Moncur wont say a word as that's the type of bloke he is.

Bob Moncur

Now as far the “Pardew out” campaign I think it has been a bit too strong.

He still after all is the manager of Newcastle United. As I said previously we should always support the man in that position.

He is manager of Newcastle and the abuse he’s been getting is way, way over the top.

It was very, very sad to see on Saturday.

And I think the reaction in this paper was too strong in my humble opinion with the pictures of fans saying “Pardew out” from all over the world.

There’s no doubt that there has been a downward slide at the club but we are going to finish no worse than 10th.

Who should Newcastle have finished ahead of this season?

Man City? Liverpool? Man United? Arsenal? Chelsea?

Given the billions these clubs have spent, I can’t see it.

Then who?

Tottenham? They spent over £100million.

Everton? Maybe.

So overall ninth after 37 games that is not all that bad.

I think that is certainly something to carry into next season and build from there. Quite clearly there has got to be a lot of work done before the start of next season.

Claims he's a Newcastle fan but he shows with this bit that he hasn't got a fucking clue about what the rest of us are thinking. No one is protesting about finishing 9th or 10th, it's the complete lack of ambition shown by those in charge. No effort at all in the cups and settling to be an also ran simply isn't good enough. Clubs with far less resources than us still try and win the competitions that they enter. Championship clubs start the season trying to get promotion. Yes when they go up they know their resources mean they are not going to win the Premier League but they give everything they can to do as well as they can. With our resources we should be looking to compete. Yes we will expect that over a season the bigger resources of the likes of Citeh and Chelski will mean that they will no doubt overcome us but just give it a go ffs.

Also the bit about always supporting the manager because he's the manager makes no sense at all. So because someone has a position we should always just blindly accept them in that position no matter how badly they do in it? Utter nonsense.

You shoot who you want Aimaad, and feel comfortable knowing that whether he agrees with you or not Bob Moncur wont say a word as that's the type of bloke he is.

We could hand him the gun and ask him to make his first decision :up:

We could hand him the gun and ask him to make his first decision :up:

:lol: He's no yes man though, so it'll prove to be a major dilemma.

Also the bit about always supporting the manager because he's the manager makes no sense at all. So because someone has a position we should always just blindly accept them in that position no matter how badly they do in it? Utter nonsense.

Aye that bit really stood out (which is impressive considering how bizarre the whole piece is), I also don't understand how people like him expect fans to let their opinions be heard if all we're supposed to do is sit there and clap everyone? would sitting there in silence be adequate for Bob? or would he then accuse people of not getting behind the team?

How the editor didn't say "um, Bob, this piece is exactly what being a "yes man" means. So this will be a bit embarrassing for you..."

Too busy being a yes man himself, "so the piece is good?" "Yes Bob", "really shows I'm not a yes man and that I'm willing to speak against things I see as wrong" "ermm aye Bob".

Bottom line is we dont expect to win the premiership, we dont expect to be in the CL. But what we do expect is a decent cup run (even try and win one) & a bit of team spirit on the pitch something that's been sadly lacking for months now.

He did have a go at the chronicle for having a go at Pardew though so clearly they all thought that was enough for him not to look like a yes man and for the chronicle not to look like they're censoring him.

Obviously censoring was exactly what the old fool needed.

Bob Moncur

Who should Newcastle have finished ahead of this season?

Man City? Liverpool? Man United? Arsenal? Chelsea?

Given the billions these clubs have spent, I can’t see it.

Then who?

Tottenham? They spent over £100million.

Everton? Maybe.

So overall ninth after 37 games that is not all that bad.

:lol: This is the interview that just keeps on giving, so Bob thinks we can't expect to finish above Tottenham and Manchester United yet thinks we maybe could expect to finish above Everton who as it turns out will finish above Tottenham and Manchester United. Way to smash your own point there Bob, maybe you should extend the keeping your mouth shut policy to stuff you agree with as well.

To be fair, both statements stand up:

His transfer policy IS a fucking joke, but we do have some good players.

What I don't get at the minute is that there's something very obviously wrong at the club, and yet when people try to do something about it, the likes of you and CT are lining up to poke holes in it. What's that all about?

That's not the policy, that's the lack of application of the policy.

The dinosaurs practicing their 60 minute walk out!

e3apysa6.jpg

Damp squib

Is this board now a self-parody? Can someone delete my account?

in-houston-s-mission-control-center.jpg

"Rrrrroger that, BigWalrus, This is Admin, you are clear to flounce off in T-minus 10....9....8.....7......6......5.....4......3......2......1.......Flounce off!!!!"

saturn5takeoff.jpg

C274BFB7-B042-4D79-8142-71AC91B9B127_mw1

"That's one small click for Admin, one giant leap for a large Walrus."

Transfer policy is NOT a joke, it's quite sensible, the application of aforesaid policy is a little more sporadic than it should be but the underlying policy is what brought us those good players.

For every Wullie (doom-monger and naysayer extraordinaire) there's folks like my mates and family, who go every week and NEVER talk about Ashley, the regime etc. Most agree Pardew needs to go, as I do now, but none of them would want us to lose, ever. It's only about watching a game at a weekend, as it should be, to many.

haha deary me. Nee wonder SJP is like a library these days. 'It's only about watching a game at a weekend,' What an attitude.

Worryingly you are not alone, there's a canny few others who sit there and silently lap up the bullshit and go home. Where's the passion?