Do you have a second team?

Andrew

In light of recent board admissions that essentially amount to it being pointless to follow Newcastle united in the hope of any success who has a second team, either lower league, abroad or just another prem team they route for (when not playing against NUFC of course)?

What got you following them?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mainz, from living there (bit of a soft spot for St. Pauli too, same reason). Not exactly easy to zip across for every home game though. Been meaning to find a half-decent lower-league team locally but even that probably means trekking to Dulwich.

See I could always just say Burnley but they're in the premier league now as well.

Get on an Accrington Stanley match now and then which is usually fun though.

Used to watch Blyth Spartans a lot, but they are pony these days and the distance is a pain in the arse.

I'm off to Wembley to see Gateshead in Sunday. If they win I wouldn't mind a season ticket to see some league 2 football next season

Always had a soft spot for Fiorentina, although that is mainly because I liked their purple home strip ;)

Not watched any Italian football for donkeys years, might start again next season as it's got to be better than this dead from the neck down shite we have now.

UK: Carlisle for me, largely because my dad supports them. I know they're a bit too close for comfort, but they've never been a threat to us in any form.

Overseas: Juventus - must be the strip ;)

Barcelona. The manner of their resurgence under Rijkaard. The ridiculous Ronaldinho. And because I dont think there's a better player to watch than this little fellow in full flow :wub:

Andres+Iniesta+FC+Barcelona+v+Real+Zarag

Real - love the Stadium, kit, history, they're always good entertainment one way or another and tend to have at least one player who's great to watch. Was a full kit wanker for a fair few young kickabouts.

Can't wait for them to crush Atletico in the CL.

And hey, if your going to follow Newcastle, a little foreign glory hunting can't hurt.

Darlington as I was born here and lived here most of my life either side of a 10 year stint in Newcastle.

Saw them win a trophy at Wembley, glad I did too as Newcastle have fuck all chance of getting there unless it's for a Playoff Final.

Reading as they're my hometown club.

Don't think I'll ever enjoy two seasons of football as much as the 106 team. Absolutely fantastic squad, that. Shame they all got their heads turned and didn't go on to do very well elsewhere.

Always had a soft spot for Sampdoria as I liked watching Flachi play.

Mainz, from living there (bit of a soft spot for St. Pauli too, same reason). Not exactly easy to zip across for every home game though. Been meaning to find a half-decent lower-league team locally but even that probably means trekking to Dulwich.

EISERN UNION.

Adopted Palace shortly after the Cabaye sale as a second team. If you pieced together our first half of the season and their second, would that be a champions league qualifying team? Europa league I would think at worst.

Dundee United, was my first ever kit cos it was cheap in Mcgurks sports in the town and me dad was a tight arse.

Also follow Roma since my mams fella is Italian and a fan.Hoping they get Liverpool in the CL so we can go to anfield for it in the away end with the ultras.