Do you have a second team?

Andrew

Real - love the Stadium, kit, history, they're always good entertainment one way or another and tend to have at least one player who's great to watch. Was a full kit wanker for a fair few young kickabouts.

Can't wait for them to crush Atletico in the CL.

And hey, if your going to follow Newcastle, a little foreign glory hunting can't hurt.

You love their history of being the club of a fascist regime that used that influence to intimidate opposite players?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic shows in my browser bar as "Do you have a second tea...", a question that would elicit a very different response from CT.

:lol:

I had a slight soft spot for Hearts brought on the year they lost the title on the last day by getting beat and Celtic winning well to pip them then losing the cup final a week later. You could tell their fans knew it was their one chance of glory and they'd fucked it up. In reality though, my answer is no second team.

You love their history of being the club of a fascist regime that used that influence to intimidate opposite players?

All part of a rich tapestry that makes up such an interesting behemoth of a club, which keeps so many around the world enthralled, rather than the hipster magnet jokers down the road.

No real second club as such....clubs I look out for on final score ...Berwick, Bournemouth, Poole Town, Hibs, and Mrs PLs favourites "Patrick Fissles" :D

Am reading "Pirates Punks and Politics" so considering the clusterfuck that nufc have become a visit to Hamburg may be on the cards to see St Pauli :good::

Never really understood the concept of a second team if I'm honest. If I'm a neutral watching games (especially foreign ones), I usually just want the team playing the better football or with the best kit to win tbh. Domestic clubs can be iffy and some of them get right on my tits so that's a non-starter. I suppose I always look out for Gateshead's results but that could become a second team starting next season, even if they don't get promoted. I don't feel any connection with anyone else in the way I do us.

Used to enjoy watching AFC Wimbledon, but got out of the habit and it was only ever an excuse to watch live football.

As with AH there isn't a 2nd team as such, just enjoy watching a good game.

I've always been a bit interested in Milan from the days of Baresi, Maldini etc and Real are good to watch but really I coudln't give much of a fuck how they're doing. There's only one team that matters and I'm worried that they matter less and less as each week goes by.

I go to watch the Heed and my Grandad is a lapsed Dundee fan, so those two I suppose. I keep an eye on St. Pauli's results but that's because I'm a football hipster and therefore a terrible, terrible arsehole.

Never really understood the concept of a second team if I'm honest. If I'm a neutral watching games (especially foreign ones), I usually just want the team playing the better football or with the best kit to win tbh.

:lol: fair play.

Supporting a football team is like loving someone IMO, you can only really have one love. Otherwise it would be pointless, as your not fully committed it.

I take the sailor's approach, one in every country is fine.

I take the sailor's approach, one in every country is fine.

I have a habit of killing off clubs I start to follow abroad.

I wish I could have one, I occasionally go through spells of wanting a team to do well if they're good to watch (like the Dortmund team recently) but I still don't get any excitement from them scoring. It's what I've always wondered about glory hunters, do they really get any enjoyment out of watching? Like I've known lads grow up toon fans then at 12/13 suddenly announce they were Liverpool fans and when Liverpool score they do the most pathetic showing of fake emotion I've seen. The saddest part is I felt nowt when Shola scored against Cardiff in the final game, I hope that doesn't continue into next season, if it does I'd like to thank Ashley for totally fucking destroying my interest in the game.

I wish I could have one, I occasionally go through spells of wanting a team to do well if they're good to watch (like the Dortmund team recently) but I still don't get any excitement from them scoring. It's what I've always wondered about glory hunters, do they really get any enjoyment out of watching? Like I've known lads grow up toon fans then at 12/13 suddenly announce they were Liverpool fans and when Liverpool score they do the most pathetic showing of fake emotion I've seen. The saddest part is I felt nowt when Shola scored against Cardiff in the final game, I hope that doesn't continue into next season, if it does I'd like to thank Ashley for totally fucking destroying my interest in the game.

I was the same the last game (I'd gone by the time the last two went in but I assume I would have felt even less). If that continues next season, that will be the thing that finally makes me give it up. Edited by David Kelly

Haven't really got a second team where I'm gutted if they lose, but the Bilbao people are different class. I'd love to see them do something good because there's no glory hunters and you have to respect their principles. Went to San Memes in 1994 and will never forget the reception we got.

In England I like to see Carlisle doing well, and of the so called big teams I hate Man Utd the least.

Haven't really got a second team where I'm gutted if they lose, but the Bilbao people are different class. I'd love to see them do something good because there's no glory hunters and you have to respect their principles. Went to San Memes in 1994 and will never forget the reception we got.

In England I like to see Carlisle doing well, and of the so called big teams I hate Man Utd the least.

After Arsenal won the cup and people were harping on about their fans deserving it I tweeted the top ten long suffering fans....

Bilbao are the only Spanish club in a top ten dominated by English and German clubs that still support in huge numbers despite winning fuck all.

those poor mainz fuckers - haven't even got any stories of glory to aspire to handed down from parents or grandparents and yet still attract 30k each game. fair play!