Do you have a second team?

Andrew

We met a lad when we played PSV in 97 who's a Utrecht fan who follows us as well - went to stay with him a couple of times and he also came over here to see us a couple of times so I tend to keep an eye out for Utrecht but it stops short of support because of the red & white thing.

I had a conversation with some Partisan Belgrade fans the first time we played them and they mentioned they supported/hated a few teams in Europe based on black & white/ red & white rivalries which did strike a chord with me.

On an "anti" second team note I hate all the glory hunter teams in other countries synonomous with Man U/Liverpool - Real Madrid/Bayern and conversely given the colour thing probably Juventus - though their shit fans are a factor as well.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After Arsenal won the cup and people were harping on about their fans deserving it I tweeted the top ten long suffering fans....

Bilbao are the only Spanish club in a top ten dominated by English and German clubs that still support in huge numbers despite winning fuck all.

Bilbao are ironically Spain's 3rd most successful club...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_records_in_Spain#Most_successful_clubs_overall_.28official_titles.2C_1903.E2.80.93present.29

Perth Glory - I must be a sucker for punishment. Dreadful season, at least we saw a manager sacked and replaced by Kenny Lowe

Always good for a laugh though http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVKfH5-vwE8 and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc_JDmZY1rw

Alas .. Perth Glory is my second team too!

What a toss-pot of a season that was ...

The Aussie league is shit unfortunately. And the wellington phoenix which is a kiwi team is one of the shittest sides in the a league. We're playing them on 26 july im going and no doubt the toon will lose

• 8 months later...

Been meaning to find a half-decent lower-league team locally but even that probably means trekking to Dulwich.

Finally made the trek today. £10 in, bring your own booze (or otherwise), songs to the tune of Ini Kamoze and Supergrass, parents with kids called Rufus and Hector, chants of "the referee's a hipster". Pretty much as expected. :D

Finally made the trek today. £10 in, bring your own booze (or otherwise), songs to the tune of Ini Kamoze and Supergrass, parents with kids called Rufus and Hector, chants of "the referee's a hipster". Pretty much as expected. :D

:lol: