Fans Forum Minutes

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a fucking CUNT Pardew is for agreeing to that though. Yeah no bother Mike, I'm a football manager, former player, but if you tell me to get this club knocked out of the cups as soon as possible then I'll fucking right on that, no bother.

I wish only deeply unpleasant things on both of them. It's all we have left to celebrate.

He's been in on it since day one. Speaks volumes about the levels of self respect this guy has when he agrees to basically being shite on purpose. Cant believe I had sympathy for him once.

Pardew is staying, Ashley isn't selling and we are not giving the cups a go, trying to get into europe or challenging the top 6 in the league as it costs money and might get us relegated.

What's the fucking point then?

Sick of the media and club just linking the reason we want Pardew out is because we had a shit 2nd half of the season. It's everything he stands for is why we want him out, him taking fans for mugs, his shit tactics, reducing players to cloggers, praising Mike, saying we're a small club I could go on. It's not cos he nutted some cunt and we lost a few games ffs!

Well, I for one am absolutely flabbergasted at the lack of ambition shown by the club. I thought we really might've been going places this summer. Truly stunned.

...za-fuckin-za. :glare:

It's the bare faced brazenness that gets me. We have absolutely no intention of competing for anything, and fuck anyone who doesn't want shell out a fortune for shit football served up by our reginald prior like manager. They have such contempt for the fans.

Institutionalised mediocrity and a cash cow. I hoped for more tbh.

Ah well lads, at least there's a summer of World Cup football to look forward to, and the cricket. Who knows, with a bit of luck Ashley might die from a freak heart attack and leave the club to his fiscally irresponsible nephew.

Well its all laid out there now their future plans for the club as we suspected mid table mediocrity beckons for the future. Also forget about cups and Europe as well oh and the local papers are frozen out & that dickhead's still the manager. Any player reading any of these so called future plans wouldn't touch the club with a barge pole if they had any sense. Shirley even the most die hard fan can see what's going on regarding the club I.e. it being used as nothing more than a platform for selling the Sports Direct brand. I would imagine any decision by the players thinking of leaving has been made easier after reading the minutes and who can blame them. You'd like to think there's someone out there with the money who would make him an offer just to sell up. It doesn't have to be like Man City ( although I wouldn't complain ) just someone to come in and buy it and run it for what it is, a football club. All we want is our club back and to see a good honest game of football played at St James Park we dont have to win every week we dont expect to be in Europe every year. The football club is dying on it's feet it needs help from the fans, the local media, local businesses & even the City Council. We need the club back before it's to late I'm not sure what can be done but something has to be done it's OUR club not his.

Edited by trooper

Absolutely staggering they've come out with that statement, they've fucking RESEARCHED the teams in the cups to see who gets relegated and decided that we're out. Staggering. Can the club be charged for bring the game into disrepute because that's what they've done? Shame, absolute shame on them. McKeag was fucking hounded for not one hundreth of what this fucking slug has brought to our club. Need to step up fellow supporters, seriously need to step up. This is your club, and fatty has walked in, not only spilled your pint and laughed but is now calling your lass a slag.

I think the stakes are way beyond football and the response should be escalated in the extreme. These people should not be able to sleep at night.

Absolutely staggering they've come out with that statement, they've fucking RESEARCHED the teams in the cups to see who gets relegated and decided that we're out. Staggering. Can the club be charged for bring the game into disrepute because that's what they've done? Shame, absolute shame on them. McKeag was fucking hounded for not one hundreth of what this fucking slug has brought to our club. Need to step up fellow supporters, seriously need to step up. This is your club, and fatty has walked in, not only spilled your pint and laughed but is now calling your lass a slag.

You only have to look at the performances and drastic change in tactics by Pardew to think 'hold on a minute here'. Playing to not get further in the cups or the Europa league should really be looked into here.

Edited by @yourservice

Will be interesting to see the response from the terraces next season. I cant help but think if we spend 25M and get 3-4 new players, which Ashley will likely sanction in order to fight off the threat of relegation, most people will become optimistic again forgetting everything's that happened and that such an amount would only be a fraction of the needed investment considering our net spend in previous years and the TV money.

Add to that that its the job of the board to ensure that the team is capable of competing on all fronts. If its not, they've failed. So they're basically saying we're not even going to try and perform one of our basic most important tasks. The bastards should be taken to court for breach of fiduciary duty or something like that.

I still can't believe the club has gone on record with this. The only news lines the national press have picked from the minutes as far as I can see is Pardew staying in his job and no guarantee of spending unless it's the 'right player at the right price' after two windows without a permanent signing,

Nothing about not trying in the cups at all.

I think their philosopy makes sense if you bear in mind their aim is to spend as little on players as possible and make as much money as they can for the minimum outlay.

The cups and europa dont earn enough by way of revenue unless you get to the final stages and you risk your players getting injured along the way. You cant afford injury because you've invested less than the bare minimum to get through the season, winning just enough games to stay clear of relegation. Which is the objective cos its where the TV money and audience for mikes SD advertising are.

So theres no point competing for cups when youre not prepared to invest the money in a deep enough squad to carry you through the extra games. Thats only for clubs owned by sovereign states apparently. Or clubs that care about their fans hopes and dreams.

We're basically acting like a cash strapped small town club, when plainly we have the resources to buy the players needed. Its a deliberate business decision not a footballing one.....but then we're not a football club, we're just one of mikes businesses. Any sort of success isn't worth the cost....when they say it has to wipe its nose, I think they mean make lots of money for mike

I think their philosopy makes sense if you bear in mind their aim is to spend as little on players as possible and make as much money as they can for the minimum outlay.

The cups and europa dont earn enough by way of revenue unless you get to the final stages and you risk your players getting injured along the way. You cant afford injury because you've invested less than the bare minimum to get through the season, winning just enough games to stay clear of relegation. Which is the objective cos its where the TV money and audience for mikes SD advertising are.

So theres no point competing for cups when youre not prepared to invest the money in a deep enough squad to carry you through the extra games. Thats only for clubs owned by sovereign states apparently. Or clubs that care about their fans hopes and dreams.

We're basically acting like a cash strapped small town club, when plainly we have the resources to buy the players needed. Its a deliberate business decision not a footballing one.....but then we're not a football club, we're just one of mikes businesses. Any sort of success isn't worth the cost....when they say it has to wipe its nose, I think they mean make lots of money for mike

I agree with all of that.

We're currently sitting in limbo. I think that Ashley would get rid of us in a shot if he were offered the money he has put into us. He isn't doing it for the advertising, that's just a useful bi-product of his ownership. He certainly isn't doing it for the love of football or for the club. He views the club as an asset that he wants to remain stable until someone will come along and give him at least £250m for it. He hasn't put it up for sale as that will disadvantage his bargaining position and is happy enough for it to continue to run as long as it doesn't cost him any further money.

So unfortunately, for the time being, we're stuck with a club that leaves us feeling numb, with no ambition other than to survive.

I still can't believe the club has gone on record with this. The only news lines the national press have picked from the minutes as far as I can see is Pardew staying in his job and no guarantee of spending unless it's the 'right player at the right price' after two windows without a permanent signing,

Nothing about not trying in the cups at all.

We don't live in a country where the media report on the game nationally, no, if this comment about the cups came out of White Hart Lane, The Etihad, Stamford Bridge, The Emirates or heaven forbid, Old Trafford and Anfield you'd never hear the end of it. Very strange in a way as it's an easy story to cover with no digging around required on their part. The media needs to up it's game too.

Edited by Howmanheyman

one of the national reporters based in the region like caulkin or edwards will probably pick it up.

i'd like to a back page splash from one of the senior sports correspondents like winter, or a big feature by david bond at the beeb. it's a huge story and raises all kinds of ethical questions.