Fans Forum Minutes

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the stakes are way beyond football and the response should be escalated in the extreme. These people should not be able to sleep at night.

Which fan though, could sleep at night themselves whilst still putting money into that club? That club, for it is certainly no longer ours. There is no precedent to the way I feel after reading what the club has said about the cups. There is no point in supporting this club anymore. Seriously, there isn't. The cups in the contemporary moment exist for clubs who aren't stinking rich to really write their names into history, to take a chance and pull off what every player and supporter have dreamed about since they were kids - to lift a major trophy, to see their club win something notable. What we have at Newcastle United is just emptiness, a lobotomised football club running on auto-pilot. I do not think that Newcastle are the only club whose chairman would be thinking this way, but to say it, so bluntly, so brutally to the fans who pay week in, week out, that they do not even have the cups to hope for, that they have taken away the cups as perhaps the only true '11 vs 11 on the day, anything might happen', is the final stray for me like. Never, never again will I put a penny into this club until every single one of the cunts has fucked off. Never. I feel like I've been duped once again. No one gives a flying fuck about us as supporters, and they never will. We have to take care of ourselves.

Fuck every single one of them who has had a hand in the steady debilitation of Newcastle United over the past few years, and has succeeded in turning the club into something I do not recognise anymore.

Edited by ADP

There has to be a concerted effort to get these out of the club we must be United. Match goers, armchair fans, forums, the media & the City Council. They've drawn the battle lines by issuing those minutes & it's definitely a case of us & them. Look at that picture Mr Fist put up the first thing that catches the eye is the Sports Direct signage then sort of squeezed in the middle is the Newcastle United name.St James Park has become a 52,000 seater catalogue advertising Sports Direct not a football ground. It's like the football side is a pain in the arse he has to put up with for the free advertising. Having said that he made £1.45 billion in the last 12 months I'm sure it's a pain in the arse he can live with.

Is it too strong to say yesterday a board member openly admitted that they will throw games next season?

Clubs have been doing it in practice for well over a decade now but no one has actually come out and put it in such stark terms. If winning the league cup was worth 5million I think the marketing department of Sports Direct (the football club formerly known as Newcastle United) would take it more seriously.

Edited by PaddockLad

If they needed to spend more than 5 million to win the league cup and maintain the status quo in the league, then it wouldn't make any sense to the arseholes in charge

I do wonder about why people would turn out on cold wednesday night to watch our B team get shafted by a League 1 side.

I don't think we're alone in playing our B team in cup matches btw. It's just that ours is dog shit due to the perennial underfunding of the squad.

Aye it's one thing focusing on winning the League or CL at the expense of the League Cup. It's another entirely to consciously build a squad that exists only to maintain a premier league presence.

All they deserve is an empty stadium, relegation and 10 years in Pennywell.

That's not all they deserve, but it's a good start...

I can't really understand why anyone would get a cup ticket next season but I bet that there's plenty who will. This is what makes me certain that there will never be any mass bouycott of games. They've put it in writing that they aren't going to try in the cups at all yet there will still be thousands of people go to the games. Those who go aren't really fans, they could as easily be going to the cinema, theatre or whatever. They are just out for a nights entertainment (although how anyone could consider the shite that we've been serving up for the last few years entertainment is beyond me).

Next season is my last. It's a chore watching us at the best of times, but it's going to be painful turning up every Saturday to support a shithouse Newcastle side managed by that slimy dodgepot knowing that the height of our ambition is midtable. Fuck that.

So I guess that explains the dog shit performances we've seen in the cups under Pardew, the next statement could address how we now get turned over by the mackems everytime, or is that simply just to try and further kick any passion out of the fan base.

dullest billionaire ever.

what a fucking cock end.

Aye, you'd think he'd want some enjoyment out of an asset like a football club, like what other Billionaires do. He simply just sees it as yet another vehicle to make more money, but he's at the point of wealth where it's just money to move up the rich list and not about increasing his standard of living. I'm not saying go round spunking 200m a year like others do, but he may as well hoy in 20-30m a year and watch some decent football, it'll not even dent his wealth.

Good piece from rob lee in the daily mail about the clubs lack of ambition. Spot on imo

The Daily Mail seems to the only national to have picked up on it unless I've missed others?

The Daily Mail seems to the only national to have picked up on it unless I've missed others?

Caulkin in the Times, Edwards in the Telegraph. I'd expect Bird has had his say too.