Fans Forum Minutes

Existing to exist again then. For the first time ever I'm really wondering why I bothered renewing my ticket!

To be fair bud I think we're all wondering why anyone would renew their tickets anyway (before this announcement), so don't feel too bad as it would seem you're not the only one... god knows why though.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The statement about our ambition from the board is smart management to be fair. It will save Pardew the trouble of having to concede defeat before each game.One blanket statement sorts it out.

Aye, think the renewals are already in now in all. Mike must be annoyed that he can't just petition the FA to let us be 10th for the next decade and not have to bother with the actual football nonsense.

I see this as a direct 'fuck you' to the protesters. Anybody that goes next season, anybody, has no respect from me.

I don't like to think worse of other Toon fans but I'm afraid it's got to the stage now where I agree wholeheartedly with this sentiment, anyone going to match days just don't have the best interests of the club in their hearts.

To be fair bud I think we're all wondering why anyone would renew their tickets anyway (before this announcement), so don't feel too bad as it would seem you're not the only one... god knows why though.

:good:

Fuck this man, what's the point? They're flat out fucking saying it now. By the time we played Cardiff in the 3rd round of the FA cup it was quite clear we weren't going to be going down this season, so why didn't they give it a go? I mean pretty much since that game we had the worst form going anyway so it sort of proved we had very little chance of being relegated. Seriously coming to the point of losing all interest tbh, between Pardew's dull as shit tactics, the complete lack of any ambition/player signings and now them coming out and openly saying there's no point bothering with the cups, there's no point in watching us anymore. I fully understand the lads wanting to have a pint in the pub and watch, if I was still back home I'd definitely still be doing it, but I'm not sure how arsed I can be getting up early (or wasting my saturday morning) to watch this shite (of course saying all this I no doubt will be ffs).

That's it for me like. Can't be fucked with it. Only went to 5 games this season - only paid for two. I'll take free tickets but unless there's a massive change it's not worth the hassle. The football is often total shite, the transfer business is shite, the manager is trying his best to be the shittest we've had, the attitude to the cups makes me throw up, the attitude toward the fans is worse.

Unless there's a massive change I can see a lot of people sacking it off. They've killed the club - massive, massive acheivment.

What a fucking CUNT Pardew is for agreeing to that though. Yeah no bother Mike, I'm a football manager, former player, but if you tell me to get this club knocked out of the cups as soon as possible then I'll fucking right on that, no bother.

I wish only deeply unpleasant things on both of them. It's all we have left to celebrate.

That's it for me like. Can't be fucked with it. Only went to 5 games this season - only paid for two. I'll take free tickets but unless there's a massive change it's not worth the hassle. The football is often total shite, the transfer business is shite, the manager is trying his best to be the shittest we've had, the attitude to the cups makes me throw up, the attitude toward the fans is worse.

Unless there's a massive change I can see a lot of people sacking it off. They've killed the club - massive, massive acheivment.

:aye:

I think the saddest thing is it's not even a case of us being just shite, we've been shite before and people rightly backed the club and the team to try and turn it around, but the ownership and management are now fully set on simply securing Premiership position for the foreseeable future and nothing more or less than that. I'd seriously rather us just be fucking shite and at least have the desire or ambition to want to turn the club around.

The fucking RESEARCH DEPARTMENT have decided that Newcastle United will no longer challenge for the domestic cups man. And you can fucking guarantee they've come up with the same answer on European qualification. And good old Alan puts this plan into action. Of course they won't sack him, and by the way, anyone who wants the job under those conditions should automatically be precluded from having it on the grounds that they're as big a cunt as Pardew.

:aye:

I think the saddest thing is it's not even a case of us being just shite, we've been shite before and people rightly backed the club and the team to try and turn it around, but the ownership and management are now fully set on simply securing Premiership position for the foreseeable future and nothing more or less than that. I'd seriously rather us just be fucking shite and at least have the desire or ambition to want to turn the club around.

That's what I've been feeling like for a while. The entire point of sport - from the very lowest level - to Shola is to try your best to achieve the best you can - it's the very basics & one of the biggest football clubs in England is conciously avoiding it to tread water.

Fuck them.

That's what I've been feeling like for a while. The entire point of sport - from the very lowest level - to Shola is to try your best to achieve the best you can - it's the very basics & one of the biggest football clubs in England is conciously avoiding it to tread water.

Fuck them.

Yup, they've turned us into the most uninteresting thing in an industry that is meant to be entertaining. We discuss budgets and balance sheets more than any other fanbase (maybe apart from clubs that are going through administration), I understand it's very important but it's still depressing how much it is forced down our throats by the club, like Gemmill pointed out our cup runs are now decided by fucking research teams who weigh up whether it's worth bothering. Even League two teams give the cups a go man.

I know man.

What was their excuse last year?

We had 33 points in January - 12 less than Arsenal and 10 more than Hull - the finalists. Why not even try?

Cunts man.

I genuinely can't believe that they've confirmed it in writing.

It's mental, and yes if you keep giving them your money in these circumstances, you too are a great big silly cunt.

In the last six seasons 11 teams from outside of the 'traditional' top 6 have reaches the finals of either the League or FA cups and only two have been relegated in the same season. Their logic makes absolutely no sense.

I know man.

What was their excuse last year?

We had 33 points in January - 12 less than Arsenal and 10 more than Hull - the finalists. Why not even try?

Cunts man.

:lol: Especially considering 33 points and our GD would have kept us up! It's disgraceful how they can say that and expect people to go "aye fair point, look at Wigan and Birmingham" They're shite, and were shite, the fact that teams as bad as them have gotten to cup finals is evidence against their argument of not bothering. If the winner got 10m and Semi-Finalists got 5m I'm sure we'd be trying, but as it stands there's not enough money in it for them, they've owned up that they're not interested in the cups they may as well of come out and said it's down to money and not some shite research about how Wigan Athletic got relegated when they won it.

It's their job to ensure that the squad is of adequate size and quality to be able to challenge for cups and not get relegated anyway. Not rule the cups out just to be on the safe side. Arsewipes.