What can we actually do?

The Fish

The fact that the increase in the TV money would offset the drop in match revenue if people stopped going doesn't mean that people shouldn't stop going. He thinks he's banked the increase in TV money, cos he's sure everyone is gonna turn up next year. It's up to the fans to disappoint him by not renewing. By buying a ticket you've given him everything he could ask for from you, and anything you do beyond that point is an irrelevance.

A walkout makes sense at the end of a season when you've paid for your ticket and you've had enough. Buying a new ticket in order to walk out again is borderline retarded. You've given him your money, he couldn't give a fuck.

It is genuinely mind-blowing that there are people still giving this bloke their money. He's told you his plans for this club, made it perfectly clear that you are irrelevant other than as an income stream and yet you continue to enter into this contract. Unbelievable.

My news feed on social sites is full of people, nufc fans supposedly, being content with Pardew and his master. Reasons cited such as stability, and its not 'Mike's fault but the people he employs' and the usual' there's no one better' argument. I hope the opinion on the streets is a bit more sensible.

Its doing my head in, when will people decide enough is enough? What more could these pricks possibly do?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I missing something in all this money talk? Don't we get TV money and 10th place money?

This amounts to a tidy sum so why worry about Ashley dipping into his own pocket. My concern is that Ashley won't spend that bonus money on player recruitment, at least not all of it. Look at what happened to the 35 million for Carroll and the 19 million for Cabaye. I didn't see any benefit from that income, and it didn't come out of Ashley's purse.

What more could these pricks possibly do?

If they could get away with it call the club Sports Direct United they've tried to change the name of the ground they've renamed Shearer's bar. Undermined Keegan got rid of Hughton, they have a blatant disregard for the fans no interest in football. They're a set of bastards Ashley, Pardew, Charnley & co you can guarantee just when you think they can't get any lower they'll always hold something back. I used to work at Lonrho Textiles which was owned by Tiny Rowland who was described as the unacceptable face of capitalism. I support Newcastle United owned by Mike Ashley who I now name as the unacceptable face of football.

Yes but, he does appear to be attempting to recoup his losses on the initial purchase. Over time, him spending money we gain by finishing 10th etc will pay off his loan, thus expediting his departure as (in theory) the sale price falls.

That has to be the only reason he's even still bothering paying any attention to us at all.

Edited by Rayvin

When you start talking about him putting his own money in, then you lose the argument a bit imo, (because why should he) . I don't think there should be a requirement on him to put his own money in, he just needs to have genuine arms length commercial deals with his other business, and spend some of the money generated by the club on players.

Why shouldn't he? He's fucking minted. Why buy a football club and not want to improve it investing some of his vast personal fortune. The amount needed to turn us into top 4 contenders would be a drop in the ocean to him.

But you're right, no ones putting a gun to his head to make him spend his precious savings. At the very least the club should reinvest the money it makes on the playing staff. No evidence that we're even investing the bare minimum under the fat cunt.

Because you don't buy a business to have to continually inject capital into it. When he bought the club, he had nothing like the net worth to allow him to fund the sort of investment that would guarantee us to be a contender. So just because he's accrued that level of wealth now* it doesn't suddenly become reasonable for us to expect him to plough it into NUFC. Particularly given the water that's passed under the bridge since he bought the club.

*Given the level of investment that Man City have made to get where they are, it's questionable whether he has anything like the level of wealth required to guarantee us to be contenders anyway. And unless you a) have it to literally throw away and B) have enough to genuinely guarantee it, then you can't afford/are wasting your time doing it.

I genuinely think you lose the argument when you start moaning that he won't just give the club his hard earned wealth for free. We have zero claim to it. The correct argument is that he should be stretching the club's finances to try and make us competitive/successful.

Because you don't buy a business to have to continually inject capital into it. When he bought the club, he had nothing like the net worth to allow him to fund the sort of investment that would guarantee us to be a contender. So just because he's accrued that level of wealth now* it doesn't suddenly become reasonable for us to expect him to plough it into NUFC. Particularly given the water that's passed under the bridge since he bought the club.

*Given the level of investment that Man City have made to get where they are, it's questionable whether he has anything like the level of wealth required to guarantee us to be contenders anyway. And unless you a) have it to literally throw away and B) have enough to genuinely guarantee it, then you can't afford/are wasting your time doing it.

I genuinely think you lose the argument when you start moaning that he won't just give the club his hard earned wealth for free. We have zero claim to it. The correct argument is that he should be stretching the club's finances to try and make us competitive/successful.

A typical football club owner would do the latter.

A good owner with deep pockets would do the former.

Only a total cunt would do neither.

I think that song upsets him and he wants to spite us. Propose rewriting it to 'invest in our club, develop our clu-ub, you benevolent athlete, please win us a cup'.

Nah. An exceptional, money is categorically and quite literally no object owner would do the former. And Ashley isn't that. Most of his net worth is just the value of his various stakes in businesses. It's not liquid funds that he has to just gift to NUFC at a guaranteed negative return.

Spot on Gemmill.

Is there any way of verifying that 94% figure? Sounds far-fetched to me and well, they're proven liars. Could it be a 'nothing to see here" spin from them?

I think the figures are from January's renewals.

Parliament is an option to put pressure on him. Canvass your MP's and other MP's. Pretty sure there's a lot of stuff into the governance of football already out there and if enough supporters reminded them and lobbied to get representation, for football clubs to be classed as part of the community then that could be a way forward.

Another point re this "he should be putting some of his own money in" thing. Nothing is gonna stop the cunt Pardew from reframing the current climate as "the fans think we should be challenging at the top of the league", and it winds everyone up because he's lying and he knows that he's fucking lying.

But when people talk about the owner being a billionaire, and wouldn't you think he'd throw some of his billions at it, you give credence to Pardew's bullshit and to the arseholes in the media who claim that Newcastle fans don't get it etc. It makes them sound right and the fans sound like unrealistic crybabies, when in actual fact what the fans really want is an entirely reasonable level of ambition backed by current revenue streams.

Why would Ashley put his own money in? He is being called worse than shite at every match and pretty much every day on social media. He knows that the vast majority hate his fat guts so why would he do anything for us? Remember he said he'd happily subsidise us up to £25m every year? If things had gone better with his relationship with the fans then I could imagine that his increased wealth would have seen that figure become more generous over the years.

However, as it is, there has been an irreparable breakdown in the relationship between the owner and the fans. Because of his actions we despise the man. And because we despise the man he can nothing but disdain for us. Plus I think he largely doesn't give a shit about the club any more, how many games was he actually present for this year?

The best we can hope for is to be taken over as soon as possible. Ashley won't be forced out, we just have to wait for a new Mr. Moneybags to decide to make us his plaything.

Edited by ewerk

Why would Ashley put his own money in? He is being called worse than shite at every match and pretty much every day on social media. He knows that the vast majority hate his fat guts so why would he do anything for us? Remember he said he'd happily subsidise us up to £25m every year? If things had gone better with his relationship with the fans then I could imagine that his increased wealth would have seen that figure become more generous over the years.

However, as it is, there has been an irrepairable breakdown in the relationship between the owner and the fans. Because of his actions we despise the man. And because we despise the man he can nothing but disdain to us. Plus I think he largely doesn't give a shit about the club any more, how many games was he actually present for this year?

The best we can hope for is to be taken over as soon as possible. Ashley won't be forced out, we just have to wait for a new Mr. Moneybags to decide to make us his plaything.

Absutely 100% accurate reading of the situation, sadly.

Personally I think that bridge has well and truly been burned and it really wasn't of our doing. We reacted as a set of fans are supposed to. In fact we were actually a lot more restrained than some sets of fans might have been. Look at what Liverpool fans did once they realised that Hicks and Gillette weren't acting in the clubs interest, they had an organised and sustained campaign to get rid of them and eventually it worked.

The sad thing is that it wouldn't have taken much from Ashley to save his relationship with the club. A simple statement admitting that he had made mistakes and a reaffirmation that he had the clubs best interests at heart and a show of some form of ambition would have gone a long way to getting both the fans and the playing staff back on side.