What can we actually do?

The Fish

:D

Stevie's going to love this article in The Mag.

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/newcastle-fans-need-let-go-bitterness/

Newcastle Fans Need To Let Go Of The Bitterness

Yesterday by Richard Ward

Even at the age of 24 I have experienced the peaks and troughs of being a passionate Newcastle United supporter.

I have screamed at the top of my lungs for big victories, cried when we were relegated, and even just sighed in despair for bizarre appointments, signings, board decisions etc you all know what I mean.

It has to be said (from my perspective at least), that these are the bleakest of times that I can remember in my brief stint on this earth as far as NUFC is concerned.

Weve all been there this season, taken through the full mill of Toon driven emotional states. Weve seen our team win at Old Trafford and White Hart Lane, beat Chelsea at home, watched The Dreamboat strut his stuff in attacking midfield and got to witness Colos Keegan-esque locks flowing in the wind.

On the flip side: back-to-back defeats to the Mackems, 6 defeats in a row, a managerial forehead thrust and far too many goals conceded, on top on the selling of the aforementioned Frenchman. All too much to take?

The answer to that question would be apparent (Yes). Banners in the stands calling for change, protests, lots and lots and LOTS of angry blogs and articles, planned protests, even Hatem Ben Arfa taking sly digs at Pards over Instagram. All of this was in vain, Ashley has decided once again to go against the fans wishes and keep the man with the worst managerial record of 2014 in charge. Wonderful.

So as the faithful Geordie following, how are we to react?

My personal vote would err on the side of letting go of our relentless tirade of hatred towards the cockney mafia. Maybe, just maybe, if we are for them they will be for us?

Crazy though it sounds I believe that if we show our support for our team, our manager, even our board, then maybe they would repay that faith with ambition?

The one thing that is desperately needed at St James Park is positivity, as fans we need to be ambassadors of positivity, showing the team that we are behind them 100% we arent getting paid what they are getting paid but we need to play our role for the club by being the countrys greatest fans.

Cheer when they win, cheer when they lose.

Pardew is staying as our manager, so we need to let go of bitterness and treat him like he is our manager.

It's no coincidence that to many older Geordies the author's name would be Dick Waad.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a fucking dickhead. Shame on them for publishing it tbh.

I think that it's good that they published it. I remember years ago reading an article in fourfourtwo or some other football mag about why people hated man utd. They also included a bit by Terry Christian about why people should love them. He basically said something along the lines of we're man utd, we're great so we deserve to win everything and be adored. None of the reasons put forward why people hate them summed up the main reason better than what that cock had written in their defence. It's the same with this article. We don't need to write anything explianing why people like Dick are morons, because he's done it himself better than any of us could!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27484318

I'm not sure if this is just his agent being an idiot but if not then what a tosser. Earlier in the year he was on about not getting the credit deserves because he's black, despite being universally recognised as one of the best players in the PL and making the Balloon D'or shortlist for the last two years.

Edit: an someone please move this to Generic chat.

Edit 2: It's already there. Never mind.

Edited by ewerk

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27484318

I'm not sure if this is just his agent being an idiot but if not then what a tosser. Earlier in the year he was on about not getting the credit deserves because he's black, despite being universally recognised as one of the best players in the PL and making the Balloon D'or shortlist for the last two years.

For the past 3 seasons his agent has played the same tune in pre-season.

I think that it's good that they published it. I remember years ago reading an article in fourfourtwo or some other football mag about why people hated man utd. They also included a bit by Terry Christian about why people should love them. He basically said something along the lines of we're man utd, we're great so we deserve to win everything and be adored. None of the reasons put forward why people hate them summed up the main reason better than what that cock had written in their defence. It's the same with this article. We don't need to write anything explianing why people like Dick are morons, because he's done it himself better than any of us could!

Good point. The whole thing reads like a 'support the manager because erm well he's in the position' similar to Moncur's point, of course that point is fucking moronic. I also wish this 'cockney mafia' shite would go away, only seem to hear it from the jeb-ends like Dick who are trying to calm everyone down or saying it's all a bit over the top.

:lol: Aye he's a nob like, 31 and whinging your boss didn't acknowledge your birthday enough ffs.

i think i might quit my job. i didn't even get a cake on my birthday. lack of respect tbh