What's your current Phone?

Christmas Tree

My contracts nearly up so I have the option to upgrade. Very tempted to get something different now rather than weight for the Iphone 6 in September.

A quick research suggests HTC One mate

Any thoughts on this model?

What's are you currently using.

Also with regard to 4g is 8 meg of data enough?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got that phone CT. I love it. If a top quality camera matters to you though, it is not the best option.

It's also quite a big phone, if you're coming from an iPhone (5 inch screen). That might take some getting used to - or you could wait for the Mini version which is coming out next month (4.5 inch screen, not as powerful, loses some non-essential functionality).

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5, I had an iPhone 4s before this and it has taken a bit of getting used too but I really like it now. The HTC One looks really nice in all.

8 gig?

I've got an LG Nexus 5 and a Vodafone 4G sim only deal. Happy with both.

:lol: aye 8 gig.

I'm assuming that part of the beauty of 4g is being able to stream stuff??? Ie watch skygo

If that's the case will 8gig be enough to watch 10 one hour episodes a week?

:lol: aye 8 gig.

I'm assuming that part of the beauty of 4g is being able to stream stuff??? Ie watch skygo

If that's the case will 8gig be enough to watch 10 one hour episodes a week?

You'll blast through your 8 gig in no time trying to watch 40 hours of telly a month, I would have thought. I doubt that's enough.

If you want the best specs, get the G3.

If you want the best camera, get the Xperia Z2.

If you want the best all round phone, get the S5.

If you want the best looking phone with, in my opinion, the best stock UI, get the M 8 (Ant - without the space between the M and 8 this autocorrects itself to 'mate', any way to turn this off?)

Edited by Monroe Transfer

I've got that phone CT. I love it. If a top quality camera matters to you though, it is not the best option.

It's also quite a big phone, if you're coming from an iPhone (5 inch screen). That might take some getting used to - or you could wait for the Mini version which is coming out next month (4.5 inch screen, not as powerful, loses some non-essential functionality).

I'm not that fussed about camera quality but I have seen punters in the taxi with very large phones. (From your comments I'm guessing this is one). Can you still slip it in your trouser pocket or do you need a man bag / blazer?

Fits fine in my pocket (I wear jeans most of the time). I walk with it in there every day. My worry before I got it (never had a phone bigger than 4.3") was how it'd feel in my hand. And it's fine, not cumbersome at all. It's a good weight too, the aluminium on the back can feel a bit slippery though so I'd put a shell case on it (think you get a mediocre HTC one as standard with it).

Galaxy Note 3, its a bit large but I got it for work so I don't have to carry a note book (which would inevitably get trashed before it was full), and the ability to annotate photos has changed the way I do inspections.

For reference CT, MT almost certainly wears skinny jeans, which will only be slightly looser than your 34 inch waist ones. You need to think about your belly hanging over the waistband and restricting pocket access when you're sat in the car though.

I'm thinking maybe get a bumbag?

Iphone 5.

I like the 4G and Garageband but typing messages is terrible & worse than previous models - even if you do type something correctly there's a chance the phone will ''correct'' it. Plus the battery life is rubbish. Quick to charge up but quick to run down.

iPhone 5. Massive crack on front of screen. Waiting to see what they do with the iPhone 6 later in the summer before deciding whether to finally jump the apple ship

Are there any other downsides I'm missing from abandoning apple?

1. Can't use iTunes but I assume android had a device.

2. Will have to re-purchase apps I use such as Google

Comparison of oneplus one and iphone shows how far apple have fallen behind...

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/oneplus-one-1554-vs-apple-iphone-5s-1028

The whole Google suite of apps is free. Google Music is free and will store up top 20,000 tracks in the cloud so no worries about ITunes.

What else do you think you'll have to buy.

Comparison of oneplus one and iphone shows how far apple have fallen behind...

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/oneplus-one-1554-vs-apple-iphone-5s-1028

The whole Google suite of apps is free. Google Music is free and will store up top 20,000 tracks in the cloud so no worries about ITunes.

What else do you think you'll have to buy.

Apps like Tapatalk?

I also read that the oneplus one has a cheap radio chip which means it won't work on 4g on vodaphone or O2???