What's your current Phone?

Christmas Tree

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apps like Tapatalk?

I also read that the oneplus one has a cheap radio chip which means it won't work on 4g on vodaphone or O2???

Aye, you'd have to buy that. Think I've only paid for 3 apps in all the time I've had a smartphone though so I don't persoanlly see the £250 phone over £600 phone being a purchase I would avoid over a £2 app. If you have loads, maybe it is, but I would then be angry that a company would tie me in to buying their phone for fear of losing them. Imagine CD players that only played their CD's so you had to replace your entire music collection! I'd avoid buying that.

There's an explanation of the 4G thing here...

http://forums.oneplus.net/threads/clarification-of-oneplus-one-lte-bands.1065/

CT I thought you were an iPhone and nothing else kind of guy?

Sure have been and would probably buy the 6 if it was out now. The fact that I can upgrade now has my impulsive urges racing though.

Personally I think apple lose out these days with the secrecy stuff. If I knew it was coming and what features it had, I would probably wait.

I'm guessing they'll bring out a big screen version and I'm not sure what else they could do that would excite me.

My main requirements from a phone at the moment are the ability to watch lots of videos on it.

Ie stick breaking bad on and watch while at work.

So a bigger screen now is very tempting.

After that it's all really low tech stuff like browsing.

Having 4 g now appeals too.

I think I'm leaning towards the HTC mate. Apparently it has a camera that can blur the background and put other stuff in focus. This could bring a whole new dimension to food photos.

I think I'm leaning towards the HTC mate. Apparently it has a camera that can blur the background and put other stuff in focus. This could bring a whole new dimension to food photos.

:D

I think that's standard in the Google Camera now, so you could do it on any android phone. Certainly can on my Nexus 4.

I've reverted to the old camera though because it's not a great feature and they've lost the time lapse function which I loved on the previous version. Time-lapse is still in the code though, so assumption is it'll be back in a later update.

Aye lens blur is standard on the latest Google camera. It's definitely a feature you want to hang a whole phone purchase on though. A bit like my sister when she would buy whatever phone she could get in pink.

i used to feel attached to apple because i bought into the whole ecosystem bullshit, mainly driven by itunes. but i mostly stream content these days and that can be done on any device. apple doesn't really tie you in with the velvet handcuffs in the way they once did. they're going to have to do something special with the iphone 6 to retain my loyalty.

I just got a chromecast the other day. It doesn't do a lot that I couldn't already do, but it consolidates it in one place. Videostream is also a great extension if you have any bother with mp4 or mkv streaming, as it seems to be able to handle everything you throw at it.

I just got a chromecast the other day. It doesn't do a lot that I couldn't already do, but it consolidates it in one place. Videostream is also a great extension if you have any bother with mp4 or mkv streaming, as it seems to be able to handle everything you throw at it.

I wasn't sure I would see the benefiot so I bought one for my father in law a few months back. He never uses it, but it's superb with a plex subscription on my phone to show films from my home PC on the 55 inch screen at his house.

It just needs Sky Go and Virgin Anywhere support to be the real dogs bollocks.

Aye I've had plex in the past but never seen the full benefit in it. Might give it another shot now I've got this thing.

Sky Go will never get support for it I don't think. They won't even let you plug an iPad to TV cable in - it's specifically disabled, which is a right load of bollocks.

Virgin Anywhere! I've just realised my mam will have this and I should just get her password to allow me to watch Sky Sports on occasion. Are there restrictions in terms of concurrent users or anything?

Aye I've had plex in the past but never seen the full benefit in it. Might give it another shot now I've got this thing.

Sky Go will never get support for it I don't think. They won't even let you plug an iPad to TV cable in - it's specifically disabled, which is a right load of bollocks.

Virgin Anywhere! I've just realised my mam will have this and I should just get her password to allow me to watch Sky Sports on occasion. Are there restrictions in terms of concurrent users or anything?

Aye, 2 devices.

Sorry to be all CT, but what are the specific benefits of a plex subscription vs the free version? Is it mainly the ability to access your media remotely?

Aye that's the only benefit I see in it.

Chromecast support on Plex was charged until last month but that's included in the free version now.

I listen to music on my my phone via the Plex app or at work on the website without having to move it off my PC so to me it's worth the coppers it costs for the paid version. Download any new albums on my home PC and they sync directly to Plex and appear in the recently added stuff on my phone and at work.

There's channels for Itunes and Youtube and that as well, so you can access all the podcasts you have in Itunes at home and stream them on your phone or work PC without any need to sync or owt.

Aye that's the only benefit I see in it.

Chromecast support on Plex was charged until last month but that's included in the free version now.

I listen to music on my my phone via the Plex app or at work on the website without having to move it off my PC so to me it's worth the coppers it costs for the paid version. Download any new albums on my home PC and they sync directly to Plex and appear in the recently added stuff on my phone and at work.

There's channels for Itunes and Youtube and that as well, so you can access all the podcasts you have in Itunes at home and stream them on your phone or work PC without any need to sync or owt.

I'll have to look into this. I just use Google Music for streaming music, but the other stuff sounds interesting.

I love it.

Other benefit is you don't have to set up playlists at home, on your phone and at work. Your Itunes channel includes all your smart playlists, so if you have a 2014 playlist any music you add to Itunes at home will be picked up in the 2014 playlist anywhere you can access the web...work & hotel PC's, round family houses or mates' houses for parties etc.

EDIT...which I guess Google Music does too (except playlists aren't smart), but you aren't limited to the number of tracks you can access...and it's extended to movies and pictures too.

I love it.

Other benefit is you don't have to set up playlists at home, on your phone and at work. Your Itunes channel includes all your smart playlists, so if you have a 2014 playlist any music you add to Itunes at home will be picked up in the 2014 playlist anywhere you can access the web...work & hotel PC's, round family houses or mates' houses for parties etc.

EDIT...which I guess Google Music does too (except playlists aren't smart), but you aren't limited to the number of tracks you can access...and it's extended to movies and pictures too.

I use All Access, and I think I use too much of the music I don't own to be switching to this for music. The rest of it sounds good though. Set it up quickly in my lunch hour and it all looks nics.

I might have to move back to torrents to make full use of it, but only if I can work out how to use RSS feeds properly for torrents so that it's all automated.

Has CT ever followed advice on here or is he 100% on seeking help and then ignoring everything he's recommended, in favour of whatever it was he had always planned originally?

Hold on :lol:

The advice I asked for in the op was with regard to the model I was considering!