Bold Romantic Hail Mary Gestures

jonasjuice

So in my insomniac haze I've just watched Liar Liar, where *spoiler alert* a man essentially risks being shot/lifelong imprisonment for hijacking a plane when he could just wait to call her when his loved one lands, and rather than get some much needed sleep it got me to wondering about toontastic's old romantics.

So anyone ever gone for a romcom style hail mary gesture, and if so, just how badly did it go?

Probably the most romantic gesture I made was writing a poem about the missus in the nineties before we were married. I think it was about the time she was starting to get a little uppity about the odd away game I went to. Wrote it in the week leading up to the cup semi-final at Old Trafford v Sheff Utd I think. It worked.

Probably the most romantic gesture I made was writing a poem about the missus in the nineties before we were married. I think it was about the time she was starting to get a little uppity about the odd away game I went to. Wrote it in the week leading up to the cup semi-final at Old Trafford v Sheff Utd I think. It worked.

:lol:Please dig it out, sounds absolutely mint.

:lol:

No chance :lol:

I'm sorry pet but I have to gan

To Old Trafford like a Soopafan

I might have beer for breakfast

But that doesn't make me a wino

There might be Loaded on the bus

but I draw the line at Spearmint Rhino.

Nailed it?

Edited by trophyshy

I'm sorry pet but I have to gan

To Old Trafford like a Soopafan

I might have beer for breakfast

But that doesn't make me a wino

There might be Loaded on the bus

but I draw the line at Spearmint Rhino.

Nailed it?

:D

Nowhere close.

It's more about the everyday little things than the overblown gestures. Telling her everyday she's gorgeous, or I love her, or hugging/kissing her.... actually listening to something she says every now and then, even going so far as to feign interest and maybe ask a follow up question on really special occasions.

I think I have now perfecting the art of blocking out 95% of what she says but picking up on the odd point so I can agree or ask a follow up question. Seems to be working so far.

I think I have now perfecting the art of blocking out 95% of what she says but picking up on the odd point so I can agree or ask a follow up question. Seems to be working so far.

I've gone the opposite way, followed up every boring sentence with "yeah" so she gets the idea that I'm not really bothered. I am getting some pretty good results at the moment, don't think it will be long until we can have normal people conversations.