As a Newcastle fan, what do we currently have to look forward to?

trophyshy

Rightio, I know I am one of the most dour and cynical bastards on here, but that's not what this thread is about. I would like you, your mam, or even your mam's neighbour, to come up with something positive about about our future.

Hoping for some Sheik to alter our course isn't going to cut the mustard either, because it's completely pie in the sky.

What is there to hope about, to anticipate, to invest in? There must be something.

Is it relegation and the chance that will bring change? Is it Pardew getting sacked, which seems nearly impossible. Is it Ashley having a life changing experience? Anything. What have you got?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck all which is why my season ticket was jacked three weeks ago. It's not even a case of spend 100s of millions, but look at Everton, we should be infinitely better than them, we make more money than them, and should be 10 times more attractive than them. If we were Everton now with Ashley in charge, Barclay would be away for £30m, with Pardew defending Ashley. I hope we get 25,000 next season. I always thought I was as loyal as you get, but I'm not, I'm not putting up with it anymore and I couldn't give a fuck if we get relegated. I want as many things as possible to happen to make that fat bastard fuck off, then I'll come back.

I also look forward to the day we sign little known scottish player, Tam Monroe, simply so that I can hear Pardew smugly announce

" Mike and I are happy to confirm our success in the Monroe transfer".

The off chance we may sign someone who could provide a few exciting moments, before getting Pardewed or sold.

Thats about it really. I suppose we could get the mackems, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City in August. That would drastically shorten Pardew's future and make for a more bearable rest of the season.

Also be interesting to note how he gets treated by the crowd come August. Would love it if he got booed from the first instance he manges to come out of the dug out.

I'm looking forward to a top 6 finish next season. Exciting players bought with a young innovative manager brought in after Pardews fatal heart attack.

The SKY news ticker reporting a helicopter has crashed in the midlands area as it headed North..... and just for that moment wishing!

As a Newcastle supporter we currently have to look forward to winning the Premier league!!

I know it won't happen in my lifetime, I'm way past my due date. Perhaps not in yours either, but there's nowt wrang wi looking forward.

He's made around £60mil profit out of the club this season, and around £1.25billion profit out of sports direct, aided by the stadium adverts being beamed into a billion homes around the Far East.

Why would he ever sell the club?

:(

He's made around £60mil profit out of the club this season, and around £1.25billion profit out of sports direct, aided by the stadium adverts being beamed into a billion homes around the Far East.

Why would he ever sell the club?

:(

Just to be a pedant....

The club's made around £60m profit. Ashley's had £11m of a £140m loan paid back so far. That's not to defend him, every other billionaire owner in the league has converted their loans to equity

Sports Direct Stock Price has gone up, but Ashley is struggling to turn that into a comparable immediate reward for himself, the board keep refusing him any windfall.

£1.25billion in a year is a fairly immediate reward to be fair. And for all the 'club' has made a £60mil profit, Ashley is the club. There's 2 hopes of us spending half that on players this summer so what happens to the rest?

£1.25billion in a year is a fairly immediate reward to be fair. And for all the 'club' has made a £60mil profit, Ashley is the club. There's 2 hopes of us spending half that on players this summer so what happens to the rest?

That £1.25bn could disappear as quickly as it's grown is all I mean. It's not sat in his bank. The olympics and that contributed massively to the growth of Sports Direct profits and stock Price. Can't see it dropping that much like, but as soon as Ashley tries to sell any shares the price drops.

I've done a write up for the TF summer special on Sports Directs growth on the back of NUFC and my only complaint is their explicity stated plan for growth being to invest in advertising the website in new territories...but they have not actually spent anything more on advertising during this massive period of growth. The exposure we give them for free is huge to them. The cost to NUFC in the "partnership" is far greater than the minimal saving in interest repayments to Ashley.

I think referencing the value of the owner and his shop is to argue he should spend more of his own money on the club though which is to fight a losing argument. Other owners are doing it, but it's not a viable business. It's killing the game. You're spot on about the £60m though, and the bigger issue is whether or not the club spends what it can afford, within it's means, rather than paying back Ashley for his mistakes. He might recoup more of his loan from the club given the extra cash available, but before the January window I thought we would buy in Summer rather than during the (what had become meaningless) window.

Still think we'll spends a canny wedge, like you say though, it would surprise me if our net spend was over £30m.

In reality probably the same as most of my years following us.

We'll have quite a few new signings so I will be looking forward to seeing them play.

As much as I would prefer a better manager than Pardew, he has already achieved a top 5 finish and took us on a good run up til Cabaye was sold.

Then there's the striker situation. For the first time in a very long time we will be starting the season with brand new strikers. That in itself will be interesting and I would love to see us bring in a commanding power house of a centre forward.

Edited by Christmas Tree