If Tiote can rediscover his form I don't think he'll be a massive miss as Anita has done much better this season. It possibly could also allow Sissoko to play in the middle where he's always been more effective. Mind you if he keeps playing like he has the last couple of games I'd be happy for him to stay where he is.

big IF . I hate Tiote and want him gone he's a fucking mentalist. No point being this "strong commanding" DM if you continually pick up yellow cards in the first fucking half.

I have to hold my fucking shite in for the entire second half, through fear that the mad cunts going to get sent off or play like a fucking paper cutout.

I agree NJS, but he's not Tiote in that second half . He's a wannabe Pirlo when he's booked, his distribution goes to shite and he becomes a paper cut out. In my opinion.

I'm still sore about a thread years ago on here when I was moaning about his mentality and bookings, to be told that all "good" DM have that problem. It was bollox then and its bollox now.

Now, where's my valium

Edited by scoobos

I was a bit blind, I've never really seen a "best" Tiote. He's always looked a stroppy radge to me. First season he was alright.

You are absolutely correct IMO. Regularly booked in the first, and as you say, hugely limited in the second half as a result.

These days he can also add 'frequently caught in possession' to his list of attributes.

I was a bit blind, I've never really seen a "best" Tiote. He's always looked a stroppy radge to me. First season he was alright.

First two seasons he was excellent.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

the midfielder was settled in the North East and seemingly did not want to depart unless the right opportunity came his way.

That'll be why then, Jack. Professional football can be an incredibly well paid job and one of the downsides is that occasionally you'll be forced to move outside your postcode in order to continue doing your job with another employer. Look at Mitro, happy to return to Belgium for the rest of the season and within an hour that's fallen through and he's off to London because he wants to play football and not sit with the reserves picking up his wages.

• Like 1

On 08/12/2014 at 12:49, ChezGiven said:

I think he's great. Solid player who adds a lot to the team. Is the reticence from some towards him only due to the post-derby photo?

:lol:

• 5 months later...