The amount of calls for Rodwell and Cattermole are hilarious. Rodwell's played about 5 games in three years. There's no way he could be picked. And they don't seem to realise that Cattermole will never get a game with his complete lack of discipline (well not without going a few years without coming close to a sending off).

They all seem to think we think Colback is gods gift and should be starting for England just because we think he's had two decent games.

The complete lack of awareness on that board is breath taking tbh.

The amount of calls for Rodwell and Cattermole are hilarious. Rodwell's played about 5 games in three years. There's no way he could be picked. And they don't seem to realise that Cattermole will never get a game with his complete lack of discipline (well not without going a few years without coming close to a sending off).

They all seem to think we think Colback is gods gift and should be starting for England just because we think he's had two decent games.

The complete lack of awareness on that board is breath taking tbh.

The meltdown is sublime.

It is a pretty poor looking England squad mind. I do believe we basically need to start again now that Terry, Ferdinand, Cole, Gerrard & Lampard are all out of the team but there's not a lot to excite you for the national teams future in that squad. Maybe Chambers, Stones, Sturridge, Chamberlin, Wilshere and Sterling.

Addmittedly there is Shaw and Barkley missing through injury.

This has given me a laugh, mind, especially reading that RTG link. :lol:

Cheers, Woy! :good:

article-2132673-1298C4FF000005DC-93_468x

"No Bother, HMHM, it was a weally easy decision to make now he's moved up a level to a big club with euwopean expewience."

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sunderland-deserve-credit-jack-colbacks-7690399

Sunderland deserve the credit for Jack Colback's England call-up, insists Gus Poyet
Gus Poyet says Jack Colback's England call-up is '98%' down to his performances for Sunderland
jack-colback.jpg
Jack Colback in action for Sunderland

Gus Poyet says the foundations for Jack Colback’s England call-up were laid on Wearside.

Colback joined Sunderland as an eight-year-old and turned professional six years ago, but left the Black Cats at the end of June to sign for his hometown club Newcastle on a Bosman free transfer.

This week he was named in the senior England squad for the first time, and Poyet says Sunderland’s academy deserve the lion’s share of the credit for the 24-year-old’s development.

“I think Jack will agree with us that he spent all his career here and he knows how much this football club helped him and built him into the player he is today,” said Poyet.

“If he’s in the national team, that puts into perspective how much is up to Sunderland and how much up to Newcastle.

“In my opinion it’s 98% up to Sunderland and maybe a couple of percent up to Newcastle.

“He’s been there two-and a-half minutes and now he’s in the national team, but that’s what he’s done as a player and not what he’s done in the last month-and-a-half.”

Jack-Colback.jpgNewcastle United's Jack Colback prepares to take a free-kick during the game against Aston Villa

Colback was included in Roy Hodgson’s squad for next month’s friendly against Norway and the Euro 2016 qualifier against Switzerland, but there was no place for Sunderland midfielder Lee Cattermole, despite his outstanding form at the end of last season and the beginning of the current campaign.

But Poyet says Hodgson’s decision has to be respected.

He said: “I think that’s a question for Roy [Hodgson].

“I don’t know the characteristics he was looking for.

“As a manager, you have to respect the decision of the national team manager.”

:spit:

This is just going to keep getting funnier, isn't it?

Mackem at work.

"I'll never watch England again for as long as I live"

"It's nothing to do with the fact he's playing for you cunts it's the fact that he hasn't been selected until he's left us"

I even tried to be the voice of reason and offer him Gerrard and Lampards retirement as an excuse as to why he's only now being selected but he's inconsolable

:lol:

Why does the call up bother you lot so much?

Its funny

The team who cant create a shot on target or win a match with a poor ex sunderland player as there best player

Has a midfielder who will be in the england squad

Im a mackem and english

Work it out

Its funny

The team who cant create a shot on target or win a match with a poor ex sunderland player as there best player

Im a mackem and english

Work it out

Not your first language, surely?

Its funny

Im a mackem and english

Work it out

That doesn't explain anything other than either a dramatic misunderstanding of the simple concept of national team selection. Colback plays a specific role that might he useful for Hodgson's England. Of the players who can play that role, he's the best. His performances for you last year and us so far brought him to Hodgson's attention.

The fury you lot are showing is because "OMG he wuz greyat fower us and nevah got a look in, then he joins tha scum an suddnleh he's an England playuh, it's a conspu... A conspa... It's a fix"

Also us not scoring a goal doesn't reflect his performances for us, nor for you lot prior to him making the step up. He's been decent, but he's a limited footballer. That he's getting a national call up is a sign of the depressing state of English football. That you lot think Lee liability Cattermole is more deserving is a sign of the depressing sub-standards you value and that is, well that's just hilarious!

I cant believe how many makems are shocked Collback was picked ahead of Cattermole.

Surely even they must know it nothing to do with football or us being a much bigger club (their interpretation not mine). But Cattermole's reputation as an utter c**t.

I think Cattermole's habit of being showered, changed and on the bus ready to go home well before the match has finished would rule him out for Hodgson, even before you consider how limited he is as a footballer. I can't believe anyone would seriously suggest he's worthy of an England place. I'm not convinced about Colback either for that matter but you know what you're getting with Cattermole, which isn't a good thing.

Every now and again there's a series of injuries which lead to an unexpected/unrated player getting called up. Doesn't mean they're being labelled as England's next big thing, but a rather large amount of idiots react as though it's going to be anything more than a rare (possibly only) call up in exceptional circumstances.

Good luck to him, I hope that if he gets any meaningful minutes he does well and comes back with a confidence boost.

Edited by jonasjuice