I'm willing to forsake his gestures to the fans and put it down to him just playing the banter card, plus sort of showing his allegiance to the mackem cause at the time and getting hyped up over the derby.

Having said that, I think we've got a decent player on our hands and for free as well. He's got a good engine on him: he's a 100% player which is what we need regularly, unlike what we saw with a good few players during the last part of the season.

Realistically, this player would have cost about 5 million minimum if he had time on his contract. He's a steal to be fair.

Some might see it as a step back but I see it as a step in the right direction, as long as we add some flair and the right attacking force, etc, which I think we will.

Not a bad start when you consider we have two in before the transfer window is in any swing.

I'm looking forward to an influx of signings over the next few weeks. My guess would be another 4, minimum. Let's see if I'm on the mark.

I've got to the point where I can't laugh at people like that. Just kind of think "phew"...

Turns out the kids autistic. :huh:

(I didn't know that at the time obviously :lol: )

They've done us a massive favour here really. Anybody not warmed to him already?

Aye, I think there will still be quite a few people who are against him after the gestures but I think that splendid peice of makem propeganda will get a lot of people back on his side.

Personally I can't understand how any Geordie could score for the tramps against us (let alone celebrate) but I'm certainly not going to let that turn me against him. I suspect that will happen when he's trying to play as Cabaye's replacement and is proved to be no where near good enough. You never know though, he may just be here to add to the squad and we'll have the big signings in before the season starts too. Not holding my breath though.

A man who knows what it's like to make the move to North-East rivals advises Jack Colback on what to expect at Newcastle United

“I’ve got to say, I think he’s a good player.

“He’s done really well for Sunderland when I’ve seen him play so that will be a positive signing.

“He’s born and bred in Newcastle.

“When you hear him talking you can hear that Geordie twang.

“Listen, when you make that move you have to hit the ground running.

“You have to start well.

“The fans take to you if you do.

“That’s what happened when I went the other way.

“Once I got on the pitch I done the business.”

Clark left Sunderland in 1999 after being pictured wearing a t-shirt regarded offensive by Sunderland fans and moved on to Fulham before a dream end to his career at Newcastle.

Although there was a time when he was a favourite for fans at the Stadium of Light after helping the Wearsiders to promotion.

He said: “In the end it went sour because of the situation.

“But it went well on the pitch and that’s what Jack has to do.”

“He has high drive and high energy.

“If he gives everything and the Newcastle fans see that then that’ll be enough.

“If he continues to show the quality he showed at Sunderland then that’ll be fine.

“Just don’t wear any derogatory t-shirts, that won’t help his cause.”